Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 09:48   #4801
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Any good signs of development on the railway flyover on the Sarjapur Road (Near Decathlon)? Any signs of completion showing or its still a long way to go?

Last edited by ampere : 27th August 2013 at 09:50.
Old 27th August 2013, 10:08   #4802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Any good signs of development on the railway flyover on the Sarjapur Road (Near Decathlon)? Any signs of completion showing or its still a long way to go?
I can give you weekly updates on this, as I go to Decathlon every week .

Yesterday I saw that the completion is nowhere near. Pillars on one side are complete. On another side, only one pillar is complete. Right now, bikes can go across the tracks. However, they have planted closely spaced small vertical poles to stop bigger vehicles from obstructing the work.

The alternate options to reach Kodathi from Kannalli are going from bad to worse. The authorities should have fixed these roads before beginning the flyover work.
rohanjf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 10:22   #4803
BHPian

How bad is the traffic at the Alpine eco shortcut nowadays? It's getting mind boggling at the Kundhalahalli junction nowadays. I may have to use the shortcut again.
Old 27th August 2013, 11:43   #4804
BHPian

Traffic pile up on Betl flyover(Blr to Ec). A white swift has toppled midway.

Last edited by Swifdeep : 27th August 2013 at 12:03.
Old 27th August 2013, 11:52   #4805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
How bad is the traffic at the Alpine eco shortcut nowadays? It's getting mind boggling at the Kundhalahalli junction nowadays. I may have to use the shortcut again.
I take this route to go from Graphite India signal towards KR Puram, which is the opposite direction to yours. If you reach near Alpine Eco before 8.45 AM, you'll find it easy to reach office (assuming you are at SAP). There is chaos after 9, especially at the junction next to Graphite India gate, where you join the main road to reach Graphite India signal.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 12:17   #4806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifdeep View Post
Traffic pile up on Betl flyover(Blr to Ec). A white swift has toppled midway.
No one was visible in the car.
Attached Images

Swifdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 12:24   #4807
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Yesterday I saw that the completion is nowhere near. Pillars on one side are complete. On another side, only one pillar is complete. Right now, bikes can go across the tracks. However, they have planted closely spaced small vertical poles to stop bigger vehicles from obstructing the work.
On my office commute one of these days, I happened to be stuck at the Carmelaram left turn (from Sarajapur road) where the barricades are put up. I casually asked a traffic police constable who was standing there about when that flyover will be completed. He said in Kannada "not less than 6 months". And going by the usual standards of our authorities revising the dates constantly, maybe it will stretch beyond that too.

Quote:
The alternate options to reach Kodathi from Kannalli are going from bad to worse. The authorities should have fixed these roads before beginning the flyover work.
All the surrounding roads, including the road leading up to Varthur are in tatters right now, thanks to the rains. Every once in 4-5 days they fill up the potholes with some cement dust or stones. The next time it rains, the filling gets washed away and it is back to square one.

In other news, Koramangala gets retarred roads in front of Christ college, all the way upto Forum mall. Even this stretch was in bad shape, causing traffic pileup from Dairy circle to Forum signal every morning. That seems to be smooth-flowing now after yesterday's road work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Try taking the Sarjapur road - Varthur road to reach Whitefield in case the slightly longer distance does not bother you. I have been using this road since January this year (in lieu of ORR), and I can assure you it is miles ahead in keeping oneself sane, if you are a car user. Traffic is much lower than ORR, roads are narrower and there are not many crazed office cabbies on this route. The route is also a lot greener to drive through occasionally with windows open, than the dust and smoke filled ORR.

You do have a lot more potholes and speedbreakers on this detour, but at least you are moving steadily rather than getting stuck in B2B traffic at 1 or 2 major ORR signal(s). I am done with ORR for good, just using it until Iblur flyover where I break off. In fact, I'm even avoiding Jayadeva - Silk board ORR stretch now. I take 15-20 minutes along Jayadeva - Dairy circle - Forum mall - Madiwala - Silk board, while it used to take me 45-50 minutes along BTM ORR.

Here's the route I take nowadays from Jayadeva to ITPL, in case it is of any use:
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...a=1,2&t=m&z=12

Last edited by KarthikK : 27th August 2013 at 12:43.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 18:34   #4808
Team-BHP Support

Some good news for rohanjf and guyfrmblr, and other users of Gunjur - Varthur - Whitefield road - the stretch from Gunjur to Varthur lake road which had tons of giant 'alloy wheel bender' potholes, is now fixed with properly re-tarred patchwork on the potholes (unlike the usual cement dust filling method which was used all these days).

This stretch is now fixed with proper permanent patchwork :
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...sz=14&t=m&z=14

4-5 labourers with a tractor were seen filling up potholes on the Carmelaram - Gunjur stretch leading up to Krupanidhi college. Hopefully the work will be done quickly here as well - it was badly needed. There was also repair work going on near Forum value mall yesterday evening (on the road leading up to Hope farm).
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 05:17   #4809
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Some good news for rohanjf and guyfrmblr, and other users of Gunjur - Varthur - Whitefield road - the stretch from Gunjur to Varthur lake road which had tons of giant 'alloy wheel bender' potholes, is now fixed with properly re-tarred patchwork on the potholes (unlike the usual cement dust filling method which was used all these days).
When bad roads are repaired, vehicles soon start flying on the roads. This usually means its time to expect speed breakers to come up on the stretch. As a long time user of the Carmelaram stretch, i have seen how that road has been ruined.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 09:27   #4810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few small but deep ones are not yet repaired .

When you are headed from Gunjur to Varthur:
- There is one such pothole in front of Maharaja restaurant (or now-closed S4 supermarket) in Gunjur. Two large potholes before and after it are closed, but not this one.

- Then there are two on the extreme right of the road just after the Varthur bridge. They will affect you only if you are going into Varthur from Whitefield side.

- Then there is one is in the middle of the Varthur lake road, close to the first rumblers (now flattened after the patchwork) after the Varthur bridge. The potholes on the rumblers are fixed, but not this one which is just a stone throw's away. May be the contractor thought that people will throw stones and close it.

It is only a matter of time before potholes appear right in the middle of the patch. The patchwork happens every year, and a few weeks later, potholes appear on the patches.

Today morning, guyfrmblr called me up and said there is traffic jam from Varthur all the way till HP petrol bunk in Gunjur. That's like 1.5 KMs! He had to take the detour via Neriga and Muthkur. Fortunately, I had left home early and passed through Varthur by 8 AM. At that time, there are school buses, so I have to go slow. But at least, I can move at the same speed, without having to change gears frequently.

Last edited by rohanjf : 30th August 2013 at 09:29.
Old 30th August 2013, 09:58   #4811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some good news
What about the work on the bridge? Is it progressing?
Old 30th August 2013, 10:04   #4812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
What about the work on the bridge? Is it progressing?
The work completed by the last week of August and the bridge is back to its normal form already. I had learnt in Strength of Materials subject in my first year engineering that any RCC structure needs 3 weeks of curing. Strange, this bridge did not get curing even for a day. The work was completed one day, and the bridge was opened for vehicles the next day!
Old 30th August 2013, 10:26   #4813
Senior - BHPian

kudlu gate in hosur road is completely choked in all sides. Am waiting for about 45 minutes!
Old 30th August 2013, 11:26   #4814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
kudlu gate in hosur road is completely choked in all sides. Am waiting for about 45 minutes!
An hour ago, it was GB Palya signal. Beyond that, it was deserted until Bommanahalli.
Old 30th August 2013, 13:10   #4815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
An hour ago, it was GB Palya signal. Beyond that, it was deserted until Bommanahalli.
I believe, Kudlu Gate signal is not working. And the notion that 'absence of signal(or a Traffic Constable) is absence of law' led this.

It was the same yesterday too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks