Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2013, 16:57   #4621
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Vid, what route do you take from your place to Semicon Park and back?
The most peaceful route now. Just take the ORR to silk board and get on the BETL. There is one signal on the entire route just after the HSR flyover. This causes a jam sometimes. Immediately after the flyover take a left into HSR, then first right. Follow that route till Fernhill Gardens and get into the service lane which takes you to silk board.

Total distance is around 16kms and till now I have not taken more than 25mins to reach office. On an average it is 18-20mins. That Rs.40 toll is nothing for the peaceful drive I get to enjoy in the morning. Ofcourse I leave for work around 10am.

On the way back I cant use this the flyover because of the hell before silk board so I take Hosa road and endure the potholes or I go till Bomanahalli take a U there and enter HSR from that narrow road (Hosapalya Rd.) and then cut into ORR at the Mantri/IOC junction. This takes a good 40 to 45mins.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 20:53   #4622
BHPian

Today I was taking a left, did not notice that the road caved in, and my car got stuck. Right rear wheel was in air.

Immediately the gentleman driving a swift in front of me stopped and came to help. Three four other two wheeler riders also joined. Initially they tried to lift the car but when that did not work, they put some stones and the car came back safe.

I got the car checked later at MASS and there was no damage.

I am really touched by the gesture. I stayed in a number of cities, and I would not be sure if I would receive the same help in many other big cities. My car was not obstructing any traffic, still they helped.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 11:57   #4623
Senior - BHPian

Alrightie, so I took my bike to work today - From BTM Lake Road (2nd Stage) till Ecospace (ORR).
Why I took my bike ? Because I got it a much needed Service and wanted to enjoy a long ride + test the performance and handling.

I am appalled at the attitude of my fellow bikers (most of them). There were few good ones, who rode at decent speed, didn't do zig zagging or any other stunts. So let me applaud them for their sense of riding.

Now coming to idiots, I categorized them today:
- We have super bikers (not from BHP perspective), who irrespective of power, capability, handling or space do weird crazy acts. They want to overtake a speeding car, bus and other fellow bikers. I am simply amazed what they keep on doing to move ahead, only to be stopped by a signal, or a jam.
- Ride or Die bikers - On the dreaded road between Agara and Sarjapur, the service road has some deadly ditches on the side of the road and these bikers preferred to fall in the ditch and die, but won't slow down !!!
- Then there were bikers, who were tilting on both sides, unable to manage the handle bar !! They were almost falling on me at times !! C,mon, put your damn foot down and balance the bike first !!
- And then there was the Suicide Squad. These people overtook cars and buses, cut into their lane and brake hard in front of the buses and cars !! I am again at a loss of words to abuse these idiots. One word of advice to them - Die in a ditch, but don't die in front of a vehicle. Why unnecessarily harass the bus/car guy ?

I at times was shocked by car drivers as well. Some driver was driving at 20kmph, bang in the center of the road. I wondered what was he thinking ? If he was searching for something, he should stop and search. I mean where has the common sense of people gone ?
Have we become too much computerised (Read: THIS)? Damn, YES, we have no more civic sense left in our brains. Everything is left to the car's engine and computer chip. The thought of - Ohhh, if I bang my car, the Airbags will save me - mentality has set in.

On the brighter side, I reached office in a cool 30 mins, instead of the 1hr 15mins in car. Sedately rode, followed signals, used indicators to change lanes. In short, a peaceful ride. Fuel and Time saved.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 15th July 2013 at 11:59.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 15:10   #4624
Distinguished - BHPian

It's like racing @ the traffic signals - hence Zebra crossings is of no significance to the drivers!
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20130715_070731.jpg

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 15:21   #4625
BHPian

Met an idiot in the early morning today.

I has just crossed Lalbagh and was doing decent speeds ~ 35-40 when this M800 behind me starts honking. I realize he wants to cross me (I am on the right most - mild traffic in front of me). I look to my left OVRM start to go left then suddenly this guy zooms ahead from the left, cross me, comes in front of me and shows the finger !
For a moment I am taken aback - decide to check on him -increase my speed & flash my headlights indicating him to stop. He suddenly picks up speed but I see there is a red light in front and he 'has' to stop. Surprise surpise - He manages to criss-cross and jump the lights, at which point I decide no point chasing the buffoon.

I have a good laugh about it with my brother later. I wonder how many tbhpians have faced this?
Old 16th July 2013, 10:53   #4626
BHPian

Met a similar Joker today near Krupanidhi College junction.

The Genius was fiddling around with his "Smart Phone" while riding in the middle of the road on his Activa.
I went past him and found him next to me at the Junction. Told him that its unsafe to ride while on mobile.
His response : " Boss, its an emergency. I am a doctor."
I told him : Then you might have seen more dead people than I have. I think its better to stop and take the call in case of emergency".
End of Convo.

Our responsible citizen behaving in the most outrageos ways
aqualeo2040 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 12:25   #4627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It's like racing @ the traffic signals - hence Zebra crossings is of no significance to the drivers!
Cheers!
In Bangalore, all signals change from Green to Red in a flash. There is no time to react to the change in signal and sometimes it better to stop slowly after the line rather than a sudden brake.
When the countdown to green begins, you get to see this kind of slow rolling starts.
Old 17th July 2013, 00:23   #4628
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the worst driver I have ever seen,

Route: Meenakshi Temple - NICE Road(Two Lane Stretch)
-This guy was in front of me from Meenakshi temple and was overtaking other vehicles despite oncoming traffic, couple of times due to his overtaking maneuvers,the oncoming traffic was pushed off the road.

- After couple of Kms, he stopped at a bus-stop and hence I got a chance to go ahead of him

- Now again despite the oncoming traffic, he was honking continuously, flashing the lights and what not

- As we approached a divider, he took the wrong side to over take me. again couple of cars were pushed off the road

- He continued on the wrong side and this time he didn't hesitate to cross oncoming mini-truck on the right-most end of the wrong side and preferred to live dangerously. Within seconds, he disappeared from my view. Hope he didn't take any life on his way.

- During this stunts he was still maintaining a good speed

Drivers like these should be shot on the spot before they take others life...
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo0018.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-snap2.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 00:33   #4629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
- He continued on the wrong side and this time he didn't hesitate to cross oncoming mini-truck on the right-most end of the wrong side and preferred to live dangerously. Within seconds, he disappeared from my view. Hope he didn't take any life on his way.
Damn.. this guy is a killer. If you are on FB, I suggest you post these pictures on the BTP page and they seem reasonably active in penalising the offenders, including the BMTC drivers.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th July 2013 at 17:24. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 08:06   #4630
BHPian

Agree with dass, do post on fb and we can see the bus registration number clearly in the first pic that you have taken
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 09:09   #4631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Damn.. this guy is a killer. If you are on FB, I suggest you post these pictures on the BTP page and they seem reasonably active in penalising the offenders, including the BMTC drivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Agree with dass, do post on fb and we can see the bus registration number clearly in the first pic that you have taken
Yes, just posted on FB. IMO, most probably they will slap a fine based on the bus number which will just add to the existing fines and go unnoticed.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 09:21   #4632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
most probably they will slap a fine based on the bus number which will just add to the existing fines and go unnoticed.
Well, still it will create an awareness among other FB users also and may be prompt them also to report incidents. Few days back there was a post by traffic police of BMTC buses fined and I saw a huge count of users 'like' the same. Guess after psychopathic cab drivers BMTC drivers are the most hated on Bangalore roads.
Anyways, you can also post a complaint at BMTC website also, since it is not possible to upload the picture you can give the link to your post above for them as proof.
BMTCwebsite
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 10:08   #4633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Well, still it will create an awareness among other FB users also and may be prompt them also to report incidents. Few days back there was a post by traffic police of BMTC buses fined and I saw a huge count of users 'like' the same. Guess after psychopathic cab drivers BMTC drivers are the most hated on Bangalore roads.
Anyways, you can also post a complaint at BMTC website also, since it is not possible to upload the picture you can give the link to your post above for them as proof.
BMTCwebsite
Those BMTC douches dont give a damn. I followed up with them on another serious matter but they did not even bother.

Quote:
Yes, just posted on FB. IMO, most probably they will slap a fine based on the bus number which will just add to the existing fines and go unnoticed.
Can you post link to that post here? Will spread to put more pressure.

Last edited by akshay380 : 17th July 2013 at 10:16.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 10:21   #4634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Met an idiot in the early morning today.

I has just crossed Lalbagh and was doing decent speeds ~ 35-40 when this M800 behind me starts honking. I realize he wants to cross me (I am on the right most - mild traffic in front of me).
Just trying to understand... when you are doing moderate speed and not overtaking, why on the right most lane?
Old 17th July 2013, 10:22   #4635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of the worst driver I have ever seen,
Drivers like these should be shot on the spot before they take others life...
And I thought that town buses drive slow to pick up passengers.
Two probable causes of rash driving:
- He had super spicy Biriyani last night.
- His wife warned him to reach home before a stipulated time.

On a very serious note - These drivers should be placed under road rollers and their legs crushed/smashed, to make them feel the pain of running over someone and so that they can never ever driver again in their life.

Am happy that you have posted this in BTP FB page. One more suggestion, post these images in BTP Public Eye also.
A mere Rs.100 fine for driving on the wrong lane wouldn't be of any problem to BMTC. If I am correct, the drivers aren't fined, rather BMTC as an organisation is fined. So most probably BMTC would take action against the erring driver by suspending him for some days, or by putting him on a different bus route.

EDIT:: And by the way, that number plate is illegal too. Written in Kannada numerical and alphabets. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 17th July 2013 at 10:24.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks