Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2012, 19:07   #4036
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
A friend of mine was just booked at airport road last week for a lane violation, by an interceptor. Spot fine collected - of Rs. 100.
Which airport road is this? I haven't seen interceptors anywhere on the old one, and I'm surprised if they want us to look for lane markings in the new one with so many detours (a state of affairs which hasn't changed at all, in these 20 months that I have lived in Bangalore).

On the other hand, I was caught once for speeding (90 kmph) on the new airport road. Fine: Rs. 300. Fancy camera and stuff. The cop tells me the fine goes upto Rs. 700 if one crosses the magical figure of 100 kmph.
Old 28th December 2012, 19:29   #4037
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

I'm sorry. I meant the New airport road. This happened at the stretch of road where the Air Force entrance is situated.

My friend switched lanes and cutoff another vehicle just 150mts before the interceptor. A fine well deserved.

Last edited by amitwiz1 : 28th December 2012 at 19:32.
Old 30th December 2012, 22:04   #4038
BHPian

Bangalore police will erect watch towers to keep a better eye

Quote:
These temporary watch towers will help the police to keep a better look on the revelers. We selected 12 places, wherein revelers gather in more numbers, forming a thick crowd. We cannot peer into such groups to see what is happening. The manning police will haae a better look by standing on raising platforms
Excellent initiative by BTP. They have been pro actively taking steps post the Delhi incident. Although, I'm not sure if this tower watch idea is a first of its kind like BTP is claiming. Chennai police have had such watch towers in the crowded T Nagar area for quite some time.
Old 30th December 2012, 22:45   #4039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Bangalore police will erect watch towers to keep a better eye

Excellent initiative by BTP. They have been pro actively taking steps post the Delhi incident. Although, I'm not sure if this tower watch idea is a first of its kind like BTP is claiming. Chennai police have had such watch towers in the crowded T Nagar area for quite some time.
Mumbai police use them during ganesh festival.

In other news, traffic commissioner said we can visit the traffic monitoring system. All interested pl PM me.
Old 31st December 2012, 01:26   #4040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Excellent initiative by BTP. .

Hey, I don't think the traffic police are associated in any way with the watch towers.

BTP does a great job on New years though! Numerous check-posts and interceptor vehicles around the city
Old 31st December 2012, 11:58   #4041
BHPian

T-BHPians who use Bellandur Puliya - Yemluru to connect to Old Airport road; please beware. From today morning, road re-surfacing activities have started in Yemluru. So drivable road-width has become almost 1 car wide. That too including manhole humps. Please be prepared to face long queues to cross this stretch.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 13:20   #4042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Hey guys, I have complained to BTP about ignorance of interceptor vehicles to book lane violations. I have complained before also but they have not bothered. Please pitch in on Facebook and demand a reply. A sizable presence will at least demand a detailed reply from them.

I did see your post in FB, and good to see BTP has atleast commented that they are sending your snap to all stations.

Appreciate your persistence.
Old 2nd January 2013, 01:11   #4043
BHPian

Does anybody have any info about the accident happened on ORR after mahadevpura flyover towards kr puram? I was crossing that area around 7:30 pm and saw a lady lying on the road. A lot of people had gathered; police was present. Did not stop as there already was traffic congestion.
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:07   #4044
BHPian

Yesterday at noon, they were tarring the Koramangala road in front of Tata Star Bazar.

Traffic was made to go in a single lane, and it was a mess.

With all the tools and technology available, our authorities cannot do a simple tar laying job at night ? It would be so convenient to motorists.

Im not sure how big a mess it was by the peak hours .
Old 3rd January 2013, 20:18   #4045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Yesterday at noon, they were tarring the Koramangala road in front of Tata Star Bazar.

Traffic was made to go in a single lane, and it was a mess.

With all the tools and technology available, our authorities cannot do a simple tar laying job at night ? It would be so convenient to motorists.

Im not sure how big a mess it was by the peak hours .
I got caught in this mess in the evening ~6pm. Wonder which genius thought of tar laying @peak hours.
If they HAVE to choke the traffic, they could atleast inform via FM/Papers etc, so people would use alternate routes.

Got standstill traffic from Forum till Adugodi signal - took me close to ~20 mins to cross the stretch.
Old 3rd January 2013, 21:11   #4046
BHPian

That is "Namma Bengaluru" for you my friend. Here probably the authorities are "unaware" about the inconvinience caused to the "aam aadmi" if such works are carried out during office hours. Or possibly they are unaware about work in the night shift!!
Old 4th January 2013, 11:09   #4047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
I got caught in this mess in the evening ~6pm. Wonder which genius thought of tar laying @peak hours.
If they HAVE to choke the traffic, they could atleast inform via FM/Papers etc, so people would use alternate routes.

Got standstill traffic from Forum till Adugodi signal - took me close to ~20 mins to cross the stretch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
That is "Namma Bengaluru" for you my friend. Here probably the authorities are "unaware" about the inconvinience caused to the "aam aadmi" if such works are carried out during office hours. Or possibly they are unaware about work in the night shift!!
To add on to that, BTP closed Adugodi to Forum road , yesterday noon owing to a religious function .

For heaven's sake, that is the entry and exit road for Bangalore city , and you close it off during peak hours to accommodate a religious function ?
Old 4th January 2013, 12:09   #4048
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
Whenever there is a VIP movement involved, they ensure even jammed roads are carved out to make way for them, even if it means splitting the Red Sea. I was on Mysore road last Saturday, and despite the heavy jammed traffic at Ramanagara, the police pilot vehicles pushed and shoved others off the road to make way for someone "important" in an Innova.
Old 4th January 2013, 12:21   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Thank You Ben. I have sent a mail to the school's principal with this photo. Sadly, I have no acknowledgement of my first mail nor a revert on the many unanswered calls on their mobile numbers. I'm sure, i wont recommend that school to anyone. They charge a mighty 2lac plus as annual fees, and this is the sensitivity they have for a serious cause ! I'm appalled to say the least

Reg the mail, i dont know if it is read by the principal or his secretary. Who ever reads it can understand the seriousness of that mail. I hope !
Really surprising that the school has not acknowledged 3 mails that Ive sent them on this. Appalled by the careless attitude they are showing to such a serious concern.

Looks like its only money and nothing else that matters.

Any parent who has their kid in Greenwood ?
Old 4th January 2013, 13:52   #4050
Senior - BHPian

Few kids in my apartment go to this school. AFIK they usually run behind parents to get feed backs. The major complaint they receive is bus driver switching off A/C in the buses. So as usual cosy comforts more important to parents than life threatening adventures of the drivers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks