Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 16:44   #346
Senior - BHPian

A good samaritan work. Everybody has to appericiate this. Good that the person did not lose life due to the above accident.

My opinion, if there is any pot hole which appears suddenly in driving lane, I tend not to move left or right, I will slow down and drive right through it if the hole is not too deep or large. If this is too deep and large, will slow down see to the right/left in RVM and then decide to take deviation with indicators. This means, I will avoid an accident as explained above. But how many of us do this is a big question? Especially the lorries/autos/indica taxis/buses etc care a hoot for these type of things.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:19   #347
Senior - BHPian

Very very proud of what you've done. But that said, I myself feel guilty several times for not being able to help beyond the basic call-PCR van/ambulance and help on the way stuff.

and yes, what that poor man underwent is a very big fear for me.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:22   #348
BHPian

Well done bro, there are very few people left who would have done what you did.
Old 5th August 2008, 08:02   #349
PVS
BHPian

That's a commendable thing you did - and the guy on the two wheeler was lucky enough to have escaped what would have been a certain death.

Yes , we have become very insensitive to the goings-on around us as long as they do not affect us; many of us back off citing (possible) harassment from the police and frequent trips to the Police Station.

In Hyderabad, there is at least one saviour who can respond fast; a call to 108 - and an ambulance reaches the accident spot withing 5 minutes if I am not wrong
Old 5th August 2008, 11:19   #350
BHPian

Good job.
Its people who save fellow citizens in time of help.
I myself was injured in a road accident in 2000, on Indiranagar 100ft road. and the people around took me and other biker involved in accident to the nearest hospital (CMH)
He may not be able to locate you and tell you a thanks. But for the rest of his life would definitely keep you in mind, and tell a silent thanks for the help you have extended.
Old 7th August 2008, 11:47   #351
BANNED

This morning on St. Johns Church Road:
I'm driving towards Halasuru Lake on St. Johns Church Road and just before the intersection with Kamaraj Road and bang opposite Sam's Wines and Spirits, an Innova comes from the opposite direction in my lane.

I flash my lights and he comes to a halt in front of me. I gesture to him to move to his side of the road and he refuses! I simply switched on my hazard lights and waited.
After 2 full minutes, he moves to his side of the road and as he passes me, asks if I am a mental (sic)? I simply asked him to drive on his side of the road.

The number plate was KA 03 MG xxxx (MG is government?).

The police has painted a double white line for the (almost) entire stretch of this road and our folks don't follow normal road rules.

Needless to say, none of the honkers from behind both the vehicles asked the Innova to move.
Old 7th August 2008, 12:19   #352
Senior - BHPian

Nope, MG is not government. I have MG plate on my car (KA 02 MG xxxx). Thesea re the kind of morons we need to look out in our every day travel. It will be autos/white termites most of the times. But for a change it is innova here.
Old 8th August 2008, 00:00   #353
BHPian

here is something I saw in Bangalore

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post926069
Old 8th August 2008, 10:27   #354
Senior - BHPian

Yesetrady after office , just as i get out of the business park and on to the bangalore hyderbad orad , infornt of the Columbasia hospital there is a hump , i slow down to clear that hump and the next thing i hear is a loud thump and see this temapo traveller ( force motors ) from S.R.S kissing my cars booty.

There was a slight rain and it seemed that the moron had misjuded his braking distance very badly, but i just switched on my hazard lights and went and pulled him on the road from hsi drivers seat . jeez he was a kid definietly not more than 17 years of age and he was shivering from fright and started crying.

Sight of tears actually cooled my verves a bit and got my hands on his license and trip log and asked him to move to the side the police man who was there also came running. i photigraoh the crash and his vehicle , damages are minimal on my car but would require denting and re painting on the left rear panel and the rear bumper costing about Rs 3000.

he begs me not to call SRS or INTEL and complain as he will lose hsi months salary , i said ok then do the work and clear up the mess he said he will do that and i left not wanting rub it sore. But not without his license and his trip sheet copy with his full address and details.

Poiint here is that as soon as the tempo guy got out a couple of guys in bike came behind and started taking thinsg into thier won hands , but since the police guy was there , they kind of moved away fast .

Another look and the license told me that the guy was only 18 years of age and the license is taken just couple of months back, imagine this guy driving around with alteast 20 employees in a tempo traveller. And the license was only for LCV . My intel friends are you guys listening ...
Old 8th August 2008, 17:47   #355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Another look and the license told me that the guy was only 18 years of age and the license is taken just couple of months back, imagine this guy driving around with alteast 20 employees in a tempo traveller. And the license was only for LCV . My intel friends are you guys listening ...
Am listening, he has an LCV licence - was it a temp traveller or a Swaraj Mazda ? Am sure the licence is applicable. Anyone wlling to clarify ?
Old 11th August 2008, 16:59   #356
Senior - BHPian

it was a tempo traveller - the usual white "force motors" one !. No major damage to him the left fender was a bit bent but they driver and his assistant were seen kicking the bumper back in line, oh how i wish i could do that with my car ... just kick it and everything becomes ok !
Old 11th August 2008, 17:12   #357
Senior - BHPian

Read in the papers that the Bangalore police plans to challan people crossing the stop line when the light is red. I think they plan to have cameras installed to do that.Hope this initiative doesnt fall flat due to lack of effort. If this works we should have more people behing the stop line and lesser morons blocking half the intersection after the stop lines.
Slightly OT, They also plan to have dustbins and chalan people who litter the streets,

Great ideas lets wait and watch the execution, which IMO is where everything falls flat in out country.
Old 11th August 2008, 17:23   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Read in the papers that the Bangalore police plans to challan people crossing the stop line when the light is red. I think they plan to have cameras installed to do that.Hope this initiative doesnt fall flat due to lack of effort. If this works we should have more people behing the stop line and lesser morons blocking half the intersection after the stop lines.
Slightly OT, They also plan to have dustbins and chalan people who litter the streets,

Great ideas lets wait and watch the execution, which IMO is where everything falls flat in out country.
Here are the "litteraries"...
Old 15th August 2008, 08:21   #359
BANNED

Took me ~1.5 hours to get to the Hebbal flyover last night (post 10 pm) from C V Raman Nagar, thanks to rain and traffic jams. When one side of the road has a line of vehicles, why do people think they're smarter than everybody else and drive on the other side? And thereby causing even more jams?

Thanks to one such moron in a Honda CR-V, traffic on Nandidurga Road was held up for ~30 minutes. One car goes on the wrong side and tens will follow. Not to forget the two-wheelers who flock like houseflies on the wrong side of the road
Old 15th August 2008, 08:38   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
When one side of the road has a line of vehicles, why do people think they're smarter than everybody else and drive on the other side? And thereby causing even more jams?
There is nothing a poor traffic police can do in such case. Self-disipline is the only word. I dont see any difference in this kind of actions, like, it varies from auto to benz, educated to illitrate anyone.

I wonder when we are going to follow the yellow line. Fining may help, but again difficult for the cops, because they would be busy in regulating the traffic. Time to increase the police strength.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks