Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 20:00   #301
Team-BHP Support

Jag, they seem to have come with a whole set of weird ideas on how to control traffic, specially on the Ring road. They have blocked the entry to the Marathalli junction from the Ring Road, and for people like me who stay on this road, going to Whitefield now means going all the way to Brand Factory on Airport Road to take a U turn. While that was inconvenient for me, i still grudgingly tolerated. Now, they say one cant take a u turn even at Brand Factory!! Nonsense!!

I wonder how these guys even come up with such weird implementations and ideas.
Old 20th May 2008, 20:02   #302
BHPian

Positive experience on MG Road

I was riding my bike out of the Petrol Bunk on MG Road (Webbs near CitiBank?) I wanted to come out of the bunk and make an immediate U turn on MG Road towards Ulsoor. Turns out there was a Qualis in my way, stopped at a red light. I gestured to him and he nodded. I was hoping he would let me pass when the lights turned green. Instead, he checked behind him and backed up a bit allowing me in front of him! I couldnt believe it. I nodded my appreciation and rode on.

I have been doing my part. When safe, I usually stop and let stranded pedestrians pass in front of my car/bike. I have received nods, smiles and astonished looks.
Old 6th June 2008, 11:33   #303
BHPian

Got this Advisory through mail from one of my colleagues.
OUTER_RING ROAD TRAFFIC JAM
================================================== ====

Not sure what has happened, but the traffic going from Marthahalli towards Sarjapur Road (on the Outer Ring Road) has backed up almost 3/4th of the way i.e. almost 4kms. from Sarjapur Road junction.
So please Gexpect a delay of atleast 2 hrs from Marthahalli to Sarjapur Road-Outer Ring road junction..
I am not sure, but I am guessing that even the traffic from Koramangala towards the same junction would have got backed up..GOT
Old 6th June 2008, 15:23   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
OUTER_RING ROAD TRAFFIC JAM
================================================== ====

Not sure what has happened, but the traffic going from Marthahalli towards Sarjapur Road (on the Outer Ring Road) has backed up almost 3/4th of the way i.e. almost 4kms. from Sarjapur Road junction.

One of my colleagues spent 4 hrs on road because of this.
There was a huge boiler kind of thing being transported. It was really huge. I saw it parked near St.Johns yesterday
That got stuck on the way some where near Sarjapur Road - Outer ring road intersection.

So no way for people to pass. Police couldn't do much since that is not the kind of vehicle which can move so easily.

Check out the status before moving towards ORR/Sarjapur/Hosur road directions
Old 6th June 2008, 17:33   #305
Team-BHP Support

Abroad, one must plan the journey and notify the police

Poor guys got caught out
Old 6th June 2008, 20:10   #306
BANNED

If you are in a position to do so, please also notify your favourite radio station. We've come a long way in radio traffic announcements.

OMR traffic towards KR Puram was at a standstill from the IOC bunk onwards this morning. I think many people were caught this morning.

Last edited by hrag : 6th June 2008 at 20:12.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:44   #307
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, on my way to my office in EGL, i had taken the u turn under the airport road flyover and was going towards the Hero Honda showroom where i turn left.

I got into the middle lane soon after joining the main road traffic (as there is a bus stop up ahead) and noticed a huge banner on the divider, "For going to EGL, please get into left lane". I thought, "not a problem! I do that everyday anyways... coz i like to look at the well educated folks turning left from the center lane."

As i approach the left turn (after getting into the leftmost lane ofcourse), i notice some commotion up ahead with a blue WagonR who is trying to turn left without exactly being in the left lane. Lo and behold! there is a guy in an orange cap preventing this car from turning and forcing it to go straight! The driver manages to avoid this guy but then is stopped by another orange cap and finally forced to go straight!

I couldn't believe my eyes!! These orange cap guys have volunteered to assist Bangalore traffic police in ensuring traffic rules are followed. Kudos to these guys!

I dont know whether cabbies and auto guys will pay them any attention or respect, but if these guys can force the educated people to follow rules, thats a BIIG start! Isnt it?
Old 19th June 2008, 15:50   #308
BHPian

Glad to hear this Amitoj... hope they can restore some order into the so-called educated, most enlightened people.

But feel sorry for them, for the kind of abuses they would hear from the non-obedients.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:53   #309
Senior - BHPian

True Amitoj, there are banners like this all over the indiranagar-koramangala ring road. I have also noticed a lot of cops trying to direct traffic during peak times. If things keep going this way we would soon have much better traffic in bangy. Kudos to the cops
Old 19th June 2008, 22:32   #310
Team-BHP Support

They were doing the same to all the cabies who tried to "cut in", really appreciate the effort.
Old 19th June 2008, 22:49   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
... I couldn't believe my eyes!! These orange cap guys have volunteered to assist Bangalore traffic police in ensuring traffic rules are followed. Kudos to these guys...
Hats off to them!

It is surely a risky business with such blind drivers all around!

Hope they get some sense into these lane-cutters. Two days of being sent off the turn, just because of their over-smart short cut move, would teach them a lesson!
Old 26th June 2008, 19:58   #312
BANNED

Not sure if this is the right place to post this: there are 2 new speedbreakers on Suranjan Das Road (the road parallel to Indira Nagar 80 feet road and connecting OMR and Airport Road; also known as the road to Bagmane Tech Park, C V Raman Nagar / Byrasandra). These have come up in the last 2 days and are right in front of the Engine Division gate of the Gas Turbine Research Establishment.

Right now, they are painted white and are visible but I don't expect this to last very long. Please be careful on this stretch.
Old 27th June 2008, 10:10   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to post this: there are 2 new speedbreakers on Suranjan Das Road (the road parallel to Indira Nagar 80 feet road and connecting OMR and Airport Road; also known as the road to Bagmane Tech Park, C V Raman Nagar / Byrasandra).
Are they speedbreakers or backbreakers? Its common to find almost all of them not made to any standards.
Old 4th July 2008, 11:40   #314
Team-BHP Support

I normally have nothing about lady drivers but.....

This morning, a bawa (sticker on the back) lady in a Reva on the fast lane of the highway, self rightously driving at 30km/h. Flash lights nothing, horn nothing, take her from the left, grr. Benefit of the doubt that she is turning right further up the road. 2 km later as I turned left, she was still pottering on.

Yesterday evening, Lalbagh road, near St Joseph's, walking back from the accounted with my golf umbrella. There is a traffic jam. Pavement is barely 1.5 m wide. Two girls on a scooter ride the pavement. I block them (well, I had nowhere to go).

"Where do you expect me to walk ?"

"Go on the left yar"

"You get back on the road!"

"We will not"

"I will not let you pass"

So I block the pavement

Traffic moves on

"You can easily go now!"

"We will not"

Another 3 min,

"Look, let us go, and we willl not do it again"

"You will never learn"

Delay another two min and I tell them to go to hell.

Next time, I think I will accidently push them off, or distract them, take the key and throw it into the traffic. Did not want to physically touch them else it would lead to assault.

Everyone else just watched!
Old 4th July 2008, 11:47   #315
Senior - BHPian

That reminds me of an incident i happened to witness firsthand but could not take pic of and this happened @ leela palace when a motorist takes the adventure trial on the pavement and so does other "fill in the blank guys (read as 2 wheelers) follow him on the pavement forcing the pedestrians out of their way by honking and then something unimaginable is witnessed and this is the best part .A lady ACP comes in the track and a nice tight slap on the guy's cheek following the pack . Wow it was to be witnessed and i felt like getting down and applauding the officer.
Some fellows did escape but around 3 guys were caught and that was indeed deserving.

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 4th July 2008 at 11:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks