Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2012, 10:15   #3091
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

What a chaos Marathalli Outer ring road is!

Now the flyover in front of Passport office is also open! But guess what, there is no provision for vehicles to take a right towards Intel/Ecospace. We Compulsorily have to cross the Passport office flyover, then take a right U turn towards intel, cut across the opposite lane traffic and enter the service road (There's no road it's a muddy lane).

So effectively, now both the flyovers are getting clogged with traffic and we are left clueless! Pathetic, atrocious planning from the authorities! Don't know how to express our disappointment and frustration over this chaos!

EDIT: I think it's high time this thread be renamed to "My Rant on Bangalore Traffic"

Last edited by Added_flavor : 12th March 2012 at 10:17.
Old 12th March 2012, 10:49   #3092
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
What a chaos Marathalli Outer ring road is!

Now the flyover in front of Passport office is also open! But guess what, there is no provision for vehicles to take a right towards Intel/Ecospace. We Compulsorily have to cross the Passport office flyover, then take a right U turn towards intel, cut across the opposite lane traffic and enter the service road (There's no road it's a muddy lane).

So effectively, now both the flyovers are getting clogged with traffic and we are left clueless! Pathetic, atrocious planning from the authorities! Don't know how to express our disappointment and frustration over this chaos!

EDIT: I think it's high time this thread be renamed to "My Rant on Bangalore Traffic"
Chaos was mostly due to the fact that - people didn't knew how to get into Ecospace/Intel service lane (so am i) from the ring road. Most cabs were taking turns, reversing in middle of the road . I believe - this might ease up in coming days once people get used to it. Not sure whether authorities have planned for something else. Things are always taken granted.. That's Bangalore
Old 12th March 2012, 10:59   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Chaos was mostly due to the fact that - people didn't knew how to get into Ecospace/Intel service lane (so am i) from the ring road. Most cabs were taking turns, reversing in middle of the road . I believe - this might ease up in coming days once people get used to it. Not sure whether authorities have planned for something else. Things are always taken granted.. That's Bangalore

Yes I thought once the work is done, we wouldn't have to take the Bangalore Central flyover at all! Alas, I was caught unawares today morning when there was no board to notify the public of the changes!
Old 12th March 2012, 12:12   #3094
BHPian

Few weeks back, one fine morning I was stuck for 40 minutes on Side Road stretch between Intel and RMZ Ecospace (Belandur) - traffic was unmanageable, coming head-on from either directions.

Now a days I am taking BMTC Volvo A/C Bus for my daily commute to office. I feel much better, even though I have to walk almost 2 Km, as I am utilizing my riding time reading books or newspaper.

Today it took me 1Hr15mins in Volvo Bus (generally it takes 45mins) to reach my office (Old Madras Rd Tin Factory - RMZ Ecospace) because of huge traffic pile at Marathahalli Junction.

I feel this is high time for Karnataka Govt and Regional Traffic Authorities to improve road infrastructure and bring up more options for Public Transportation.
Old 12th March 2012, 12:51   #3095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravbasu View Post
Today it took me 1Hr15mins in Volvo Bus (generally it takes 45mins) to reach my office (Old Madras Rd Tin Factory - RMZ Ecospace) because of huge traffic pile at Marathahalli Junction.
I was travelling in the opposite direction. The pile up from Kadubisanahalli underpass. Since that underpass has lane division, I think a Swift has broken down or had an incident, which blocked all the traffic, right upto ISRO. This affected people who take U-turn at ISRO.
Old 12th March 2012, 13:48   #3096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravbasu View Post
Few weeks back, one fine morning I was stuck for 40 minutes on Side Road stretch between Intel and RMZ Ecospace (Belandur) - traffic was unmanageable, coming head-on from either directions.
I guess today evening will be more chaotic, since all the vehicles from intel/rmz towards Marthahalli will have to cross under the flyover.
Old 12th March 2012, 17:00   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I guess today evening will be more chaotic, since all the vehicles from intel/rmz towards Marthahalli will have to cross under the flyover.
From one perspective, given the oppressive heat for the past few days, it is welcome to see overcast skies and the hint that it might rain shortly today. On the other side, woe will befall all us daily commuters if it rains today. The rough with the smooth. If it rains, won't leave office before 9 PM
Old 12th March 2012, 22:30   #3098
BHPian

We pay the highest road taxes in the country for roads that cannot get any worse!

Not just the asphalt quality, or the density of craters, or the highest number of speed breakers per centimeter in the world, the road signs are non-existent too!! From Indiranagar to the Bangalore Central Railway station (SBC), the only mention of SBC happens on the SBC entrance itself! And, almost all the signs for the crossroads are present right on the other side of the signal! So that, you can only know which lane you want to pick, after you've reached the crossing!! Now, how scientific is that??
Old 13th March 2012, 09:53   #3099
Senior - BHPian

There was a huge pile up on Hebbal flyover today morning, towards international airport at around 8.30 AM. A military truck had broken down right in the middle of the flyover and policemen were having a very tough time steering traffic around the truck! Wonder how many people would have missed their flights today morning!
Old 14th March 2012, 17:10   #3100
Senior - BHPian

I am stuck in a jam at Marathahalli ORR right now, going towards JPMC. Traffic has not moved an inch for the last 20 minutes. Those who usually come this way, try alternative roads.
Old 14th March 2012, 19:25   #3101
Senior - BHPian

In the end, it turned out to be some workers moving the lane-enforcing boulders, directed by a couple of inspectors. The jam was also worsened by a U turn. After the underpass, the traffic was smooth!
Old 14th March 2012, 19:37   #3102
Team-BHP Support

I too noticed the crazy traffic on the ORR this evening. Thankfully, i was not driving. I had gotten off a Volvo, and was on my way to pick up my Scorp post servicing, when i noticed the huge pileup.
Old 14th March 2012, 19:47   #3103
Senior - BHPian

But generally for last 2 days this stretch of ORR has been smooth (compared to last few weeks). The opening of the flyover opposite Intel has helped. Of course, Innovative is going to be the new nightmare spot for motorists in near future.
Old 14th March 2012, 21:30   #3104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Of course, Innovative is going to be the new nightmare spot for motorists in near future.
We can expect another fly over construction near Innovative but again it would be a badly planned.
Old 15th March 2012, 20:19   #3105
BHPian

Finally some good news regarding the road connecting Graphite india junction to ORR (marathalli). The strech after the Alpine Eco apartments looks like it could tarred in a few days time. Today the road has been levelled.

Last edited by sansvk : 15th March 2012 at 20:20. Reason: spelling mistake corrected

Most Viewed