Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 23:44   #211
BHPian

No blame/flame here. As much as it's true that the IT influx is the immediate reason for the deterioration, the real reason being government inefficiency, indifference, corruption cannot be denied.

I was one of the IT workers myself until recently. Not saying it's anyone's fault (except the administration's) - just pointing out that the IT corridors are indeed some of the worst areas to commute through. For obvious reasons.

But then, who dreamt that B'lore would see a run-away inflation in population in less than a decade? Pre-IT-B'lore was entirely different.
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:30   #212
Senior - BHPian

Thank God, the Madiwala road is back to Normal !

It seems the traffic police are done with the experiment which went horribly wrong and switched back to the previous system. i.e One way road from Flyover towards Forum. Today it was normal(even yesterday night it was normal as they've changed it by then) traffic all the way. Thank God.
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:54   #213
Team-BHP Support

phew thank all, i can take the route for my lunch trip again
Old 23rd November 2007, 13:02   #214
BHPian

Yesterday evening was the longest wait in traffic for me. Got stuck in Koramangala 80ft road for about 90 mins Took full 3 hours from Malleswaram to HSR. God bless Bengaluru...
Old 23rd November 2007, 22:53   #215
BANNED

Just found that the elevated highway on Hosur Road will be completed by June 2008 . Just 7 more months for the chaos to end.
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:46   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Just found that the elevated highway on Hosur Road will be completed by June 2008 . Just 7 more months for the chaos to end.
And what makes you think that chaos will end on Hosur Road?

The imbeciles will still be around doing what they do today.
Old 24th November 2007, 09:56   #217
BANNED

Its a 600 crore project for 9Km highway. Can't believe even after throwing 66 crore for every Km won't solve the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
And what makes you think that chaos will end on Hosur Road?

The imbeciles will still be around doing what they do today.
Old 24th November 2007, 13:02   #218
Team-BHP Support

Madiwala was very peaceful and back to normal yday noon.

and 80 ft road (if referring to road in front of maharaja) best to be avoided in the evening, especially if one is going to hosur road. regular hosur road route via madiwala is much faster.

only sarjapur rd users need take this road to save some time and it will be much organised if they have proper traffic lights at all the 3 intersections, atleast proper traffic wardens, last few days no wardens and hence the chaos
Old 24th November 2007, 13:20   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know. Does anybody know about the design of that road? How many exits/entries, where etc? Could not find any useful information online.
Old 24th November 2007, 19:48   #220
BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore, flyovers DO NOT ease congestion. They just MOVE the congestion to another place. That's by design.

Hail the brilliant road / traffic engineers!!!

-- Torqy
Old 27th November 2007, 10:49   #221
BHPian

Appreciation - Quick Thinking Policeman

Yesterday (26 Nov 2007) evening, when I was returning home from work, I was standing at the St John's signal, Koramangala road (the one which connects Inner Ring Road to Hosur Road). There were about 6-7 cars in front of me and a couple of buses with TCS boards on them next to me. I was sitting there, waiting for the lights to turn green, when i heard an ambulance siren behind me. What happned next is the interesting and heartwarming thing that still leads me to believe all is not lost. The driver of the bus next to me gets down, runs to the cop, and tells him there's an ambulance behind his bus.

The cop actually stopped the traffic going from Hosur Road towards Madivala and let this side of the traffic moving, as a result of which the ambulance didnt have to wait for more than a minute at the signal. Hats off to the quick thinking bus driver and the cop! Way to go Bangalore!
Old 27th November 2007, 20:10   #222
Senior - BHPian

prashanthyr vbmenu_register("postmenu_638884", true); That is really nice to hear and i had seen one incident on MG road near the road which deviates towards manipal center. An ambulance was stuck in the jam and the cop stopped traffic on the road and let the ambulance pass. Only problem was the cop took time as he could not hear the noise
Old 29th November 2007, 12:00   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
.... The driver of the bus next to me gets down, runs to the cop, and tells him there's an ambulance behind his bus.

The cop actually stopped the traffic going from Hosur Road towards Madivala and let this side of the traffic moving, ...
And the bus driver also got to cross the junction in the process This I have seen many times, where people give way to ambulance and then race after that, as if its part of the convoy.
Old 29th November 2007, 23:08   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
And the bus driver also got to cross the junction in the process This I have seen many times, where people give way to ambulance and then race after that, as if its part of the convoy.
I guess it would have been required for the bus to go across the lights,if the ambulance was to get to where it was going.
Its a good thing to know. I've always seen people stand at lights,and not be bothered one bit about giving way to an ambulance in an emergency.

Try that in the US,and you could end up in jail ( apart from a hefty traffic violation ticket).
Old 6th December 2007, 10:22   #225
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday, was following a Santro near HAL helicopter division. Chappy does not brake and turns left into complex without signalling. Cuts a hero honda off. Rider and pillion go for a toss. Hyundai stops looks and

I stop and people have lifted the bike up and he stands up but in shock. He needs water which security get for him. I sit him down and he has scraped itself. Give first aid. Although nothing major, he cannot ride on. Only one other guy and another person who drove in actually calm him down. He calls his boss who makes his way. I had to carry on but boss rings to thank me.

Hyundai driver no where to be seen. If he at least tried to ensure first aid etc. nothing would be lost. The boss was planning to make a police case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks