Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2024, 23:24   #21991
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaRai View Post
Why "Shudder to Imagine"? These jokers already want to narrow down the PRR and give away commercial land next to the road
Considering the PRR will be mostly used by trucks to bypass BLR, what business will boom next to it? Even private cars taking the bypass from either of the sides to the other, will want to be on the actual highway before stopping, especially when rest areas are aplenty on them already.

Most users of the road will simply want to pass it as soon as they can to get the most out of not so cheap toll, stopping in between defeats the purpose.
Old 4th September 2024, 23:57   #21992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman_tales View Post
I went out on Sunday do the useless PUC certificate done. I didn't know that they had closed the kadubeesanahalli underpass for some metro construction. It took me 2 hours to travel between Marathahalli and Kadubeesanahalli which is like 2km. This must be some kind of a record for Bangalore traffic.

PS - I reset the trip meter halfway into the "trip"
8 kmpl for 1 kmph average speed is awesome! Is it a Diesel? On my Yaris it would possibly have showed 3 or 4 kmpl
theabstractmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 08:34   #21993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
8 kmpl for 1 kmph average speed is awesome! Is it a Diesel? On my Yaris it would possibly have showed 3 or 4 kmpl
It's Altroz DCA petrol. I wouldn't read too much into fuel efficiency readings based on 1km of travel.
Also I just thought of this, I have never seen the reading go below 8kmpl, may be it's rigged to do that?
Old 5th September 2024, 08:47   #21994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman_tales View Post
It's Altroz DCA petrol. I wouldn't read too much into fuel efficiency readings based on 1km of travel.
Also I just thought of this, I have never seen the reading go below 8kmpl, may be it's rigged to do that?
User of a Tata Petrol since 2016 here.
Yes, the lowest FE display in MID is 8kmpl in all Tata cars. Tankful-to-tankful calculation will show you much lower FE.
Old 5th September 2024, 10:28   #21995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Considering the PRR will be mostly used by trucks to bypass BLR, what business will boom next to it?
Aren't you confusing this with STRR?

PRR land is a dense urban sprawl (we are talking of Yelahanka, Yeshwanthpur, Hennur, Varthur, Sarjapur Rd), which explains the spiraling acquisition cost. Think instead of businesses like commercial/corporate spaces.

If designed correctly, these businesses don't have to be facing the highway (like on that infamous outer ring road), but on contiguous land serviced by the highway via interchanges.

I though do hope they at least leave land for metro in the corridor itself. Adding a metro retrospectively underground or overhead is prohibitively expensive and takes forever.
dust-n-bones is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 11:07   #21996
Mik
BHPian

I hope the PRR never comes as it is going to create chaos in bangalore. Politicians have money making schemes in the name of PRR, Tunnel roads and the HD Kumarasamy special of North South, East West flyover.
Once STRR is fully completed, truck traffic will hopefully not enter the city. The only thing that will solve the traffic nightmare is when we don't need to deploy cars to get to office. At 23 lakh cars, (i wonder if the out of state ones are counted in this - if no, the number is higher) we cannot build infrastructure at any pace to sustain this. The free bus travel for women has worked to some extent too as more women take the bus.
Metro and suburban rail are critical and then the last mile connectivity in terms of autos. But then, who will bell the cat on these autowallahs
I do have hope that by the year 2027, things will be a bit better if metro phase 2 is completed, specially the ORR section and the suburban rail too.
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 13:56   #21997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
Aren't you confusing this with STRR?
PRR land is a dense urban sprawl (we are talking of Yelahanka, Yeshwanthpur, Hennur, Varthur, Sarjapur Rd),
Yeah, my bad. The PRR will be within the STRR, latter being the bypass.

Quote:
If designed correctly, these businesses don't have to be facing the highway (like on that infamous outer ring road), but on contiguous land serviced by the highway via interchanges.
Office land can come up after the original width (12 lanes) proposed for PRR. (4+2)x2 lanes are needed for easy infrastructure upgrade like metro lines later. Beyond that a tech park can be accommodated at builders' own land acquisition cost.

The government need not trim the width of PRR for it, but we know why they want to do this. Proposed reduction to 60-75m from 100m is just going to make it another ORR
mayukh42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 18:32   #21998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
I hope the PRR never comes as it is going to create chaos in bangalore.
I do have hope that by the year 2027, things will be a bit better if metro phase 2 is completed, specially the ORR section and the suburban rail too.
I am of the view that something like the PRR is definitely needed. The STRR is going to be a proper City Bypass. Having said that, with the shape and form the PRR is taking today and the areas it needs to pass through, it seems unlikely it will ever get done and may end up just being a money making exercise.

I think one of the big misses for Bangalore was not doing NICE Road as a full circle around Bangalore. When NICE was being done, the Hosur-Sarjapur Road-Hoskote- Airport Road-Tumkur Road areas where this road would have passed through(which is kind of the current alignment of the PRR) was not built up at all and hence it would have been much easier to do(Keeping in mind all the challenges and farmer issues that happened with NICE implementation).

Of course, the rapid build out of East Bangalore would have anyway happened, but the existence of a NICE Road on this semi circle would have definitely eased the pressure all the arterial road around Hosur Road, Sarjapur Road, Varthur, Whitefield etc.

From that perspective the PRR is critical, but I don't see how it can happen.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 18:43   #21999
BHPian

Quote:
100% this.

Even the current mess of ORR could have been avoided with this approach. The whole flooding mess is created because we built up all land outwards without thinking about it.

Mark my words, Varthur, Gunjur, Balagere are going to be the next flood destinations if the PRR along with commercial expansion is the plan. These places are already flood prone and we can see it when it rains.

And Bangalore is gifted with relatively flat plateau land all around it with little to no geographical barriers!

They can totally build satellite locations that are planned to support the population density expected and connect these through high speed expressways, metros and high speed rail.

Instead we have this gradual cancerous growth filling every single land available.

It has everything to do with politicians wanting money out of these lands.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 5th September 2024 at 18:45.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 18:52   #22000
Team-BHP Support

I had to visit my office campus on ORR to meet a visiting friend/ex-colleague. Not that there's ever a good way/time to go to ORR, but via Old Madras Rd was especially horrific today, took me two hours each way from South Bangalore, and I did it during 'non-peak' hours (11 AM - 5 PM).

PTSD flashbacks.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th September 2024 at 18:57. Reason: edits
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 20:56   #22001
BHPian

Lady cancels Ola ride and ends up getting a slap with abuses and threats!.

And as usual the Kannada/Hindi etc.

Cancellation charges are collected and paid to the driver?
Old 5th September 2024, 21:42   #22002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Latest update on this incident - link.

Quote:
The Auto Driver has been apprehended by Magadi Road Police.Action is being initiated for the offence committed as per law
Old 6th September 2024, 21:12   #22003
BHPian

The metro Yellow line to E-city keeps getting delayed again and again. Now its pushed to Jan with trains every 30 min

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/in...-12815106.html
Old 6th September 2024, 21:42   #22004
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I had to visit my office campus on ORR to meet a visiting friend/ex-colleague.

PTSD flashbacks.
I can understand the feeling. I quit an earlier job just because of the commute to Hoodi via Old Madras road (as well as old airport road) and that was after staying positive for 2.5 years trying various other routes and variants, by car as well as scooter, till I simply ran out of options!

Last edited by NPV : 6th September 2024 at 21:43.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 23:34   #22005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=0FbJI64FDIU

Both sides were being unnecessarily belligerent rather than trying to defuse/settle amicably?

Last edited by airguitar : 6th September 2024 at 23:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks