Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2024, 15:44   #21796
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

I too have a similar query - coming from OA Road, what is the best way to to get to KA-03 (Kasturi Nagar) RTO office? Google shows a route through a RUB at the west end of KR Pura railway yard (before the rail track triangle starts, via what is marked as FCI Godown Road). Is this manageable in a two-wheeler?
Yes. It is a reasonably large underpass. It is prone to getting waterlogged during rains. But it was alright 3 days ago.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 15:54   #21797

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Yesterday, I needed to go to Baptist Hospital in Hebbal from Hennur side. It took me a good 1 hr + where I needed to cross Bellari road under the flyover and go straight and then take a right turn through bhoopasandra and then cut the Bellari road again and go through narrow roads and emerge near the emergency entrance of the hospital.

Isnt there a better way to reach baptist hospital other than the one I took? It was pathetic, to say the least.
I had to go to Baptist Hospital last evening, from Jakkur. This is what I do these days if I have to cross Hebbal flyover towards the city - I go towards Yelahanka from with the Shobha Emerald internal roads and join the Airport flyover towards Hebbal near the Vidyashilp joint from Jakkur Plantations side, the bottle neck at Hebbal FO is much lesser for folks taking the Airport flyover.

Pathetic traffic below the flyover, it is well worth the additional 2-3 kms detour that I had to take to get on the flyover.
EVICE is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 06:40   #21798
BHPian

As per BTP the road connectors at New Horizon and KLM Mall will be closed to reduce congestion. Should stay on the service road if you have to go towards Marathahalli bridge.

Source
115 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 10:18   #21799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115 View Post
As per BTP the road connectors at New Horizon and KLM Mall will be closed to reduce congestion. Should stay on the service road if you have to go towards Marathahalli bridge.

Source
Sounds like a fairly bad idea. These are the wider entry points to service roads. With these closed it will force motorists to use the narrower entry points leading to the traffic on the main carriageway getting choked further.

Also, they have also not mentioned which entry to use to get into the service road for both these locations. Forcing motorists to go long distances on the service road will be counter productive considering the varying width, illegal parking, poor surface of the service roads.

With all civic agencies in a sleep more, understand that BTP is desperately trying various experiments to keep traffic moving and can appreciate that, but this definitely seems like a move that will backfire.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks