Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2024, 20:02   #21571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvaddi View Post
Huge traffic jams at multiple locations on the ORR today mid-noon. KR Puram railway station, Tin factory junction, tin factory flyover, and other places towards Manyata are all jampacked. I am reminded of the dreaded gridlock that I experienced last year.
There was heavier than usual traffic on the Old Airport road as well. Not sure what caused this and hopefully does not become a norm.
Old 6th February 2024, 20:03   #21572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
once Pink line becomes operational, folks like us on BG Road need to use it till either Dairy circle or MG Road and change line to connect to Whitefield, right?
MG Road to take the Purple line to Whitefield. Dairy circle to take the proposed Red line to Sarjapur which is still in (DPR) proposal stage. But Pink line might probably be delayed into 2026 (currently Mar 2025 deadline).
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 20:24   #21573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Hello Naetik - From what I understand, once Pink line becomes operational, folks like us on BG Road need to use it till either Dairy circle or MG Road and change line to connect to Whitefield, right?
Reason am asking is, I too travel almost the same route and to avoid traffic hassles, I commute to office really early in the morning and return back in noon and re-connect from home from noon till late evenings. This is sapping my energy, but, as you rightly said, no other way out till Pink line becomes funtional.
Yes. Will have to take Pink line upto MG Road and then switch to Purple line to Whitefield. Based on current usage patterns it would be standing room only from MG Road to Byappanahalli. Still manageable. But Pink line is still some time away.

The point is - I have never used public transport ever. From school (not even school bus) to college to work. All private transport. But I definitely like the metro life.
Naetik30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 18:21   #21574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Thanks for sharing the details. How is the two-wheeler parking facilities at Konankunte station? Is safe & adequate parking available?

I commute from Akshayanagar to Whitefield. This metro route might be an alternate option I can explore
Old 7th February 2024, 19:37   #21575
BHPian

Today I was on the left lane traveling just a touch faster than a bus on the right lane, which was a few feet ahead of me. Knowing the route# of the bus, I knew that it would take a right, I stuck to my course. Both of us were doing slow speeds. Just as I passed the bus, the door of the bus opened and 2-3 aged people jumped out of the door ( the bus yet to stop fully ) into the 3-4 feet space between the bus and my car on the road! Thankfully by then the rear of my car had passed the door fully.

Highly irresponsible of the bus driver to get passengers to deboard in the middle of the road with no indications... And most of these people just step out of the bus like they are stepping on red carpet at some family function - they don't bother to check before getting down at non-designated stops.

On another note, the whole of Prestige Tech Park to Whitefield is one long traffic jam these days irrespective of the time of travel. Takes a good 85-90 minutes to get home (12 kms!). Affecting my peace of mind too much and destroying any energy that I intend using at work. One of the biggest reasons that I look forward for my retirement ( 18 years from now ) is that I will not have the torrid commute anymore.

Last edited by airguitar : 7th February 2024 at 19:41.
airguitar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 20:06   #21576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Thanks for sharing the details. How is the two-wheeler parking facilities at Konankunte station? Is safe & adequate parking available?

I commute from Akshayanagar to Whitefield. This metro route might be an alternate option I can explore
I use Ola auto for commute to and fro metro and so I am not fully sure. I have seen a small space in the station where a few 2 wheelers are parked, not sure if it is for public or only employees at the station. Will try to get the info in the next few days.

Personally I stopped using two wheeler in BLR a long time back other than 2 min runs to the neighborhood grocery. I stay in Doddakamanahalli and I think this might be a good option for you.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 20:37   #21577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
How is the two-wheeler parking facilities at Konankunte station? Is safe & adequate parking available?
There is a fairly large 2-wheeler parking there, on the east side of the station.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 22:28   #21578
BHPian

My company provides cab service from home(Vijayanagara) to office (Bagmane constellation park, on ORR). It used be smooth and morning it used to take 45-50 minutes and return at 4pm used to take 60-75 minutes for ~25kms. However last 2 months it has increased to 60 minutes and 90-105 minutes respectively. So I shifted to Metro, now it is 60-70 minutes in either direction. Fortunately it is only10 minutes walk on both sides.

So it's metro for me from last 3 weeks.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 23:27   #21579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Fortunately it is only 10 minutes walk on both sides.

So it's metro for me from last 3 weeks.
You mean 10 min walk from the nearest bus stand right? it is way more than 10 mins from KR Puram or Garudacharpalya.
Old 8th February 2024, 09:23   #21580
BHPian

View of the BETPL towards EC at 8:15 am
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.jpg
A line of cars as far as the eye can see

Such situations defeat the purpose of having tolled roads and building bridges if the end points are not properly planned. . In this case, only 3 lanes of a toll where even two wheelers need to pay slowing down the entire process
ShreyG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 21:59   #21581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
You mean 10 min walk from the nearest bus stand right? it is way more than 10 mins from KR Puram or Garudacharpalya.
Metro station to my home and metro station to my office. Each side is 10 minutes walk
Old 9th February 2024, 10:58   #21582
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any safe/paid car parking near 17th cross Malleswaram?
Old 9th February 2024, 11:06   #21583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyG View Post
View of the BETPL towards EC at 8:15 am
Attachment 2570487
A line of cars as far as the eye can see

Such situations defeat the purpose of having tolled roads and building bridges if the end points are not properly planned. . In this case, only 3 lanes of a toll where even two wheelers need to pay slowing down the entire process
Since this is the fog formation month(s), there could be a minor accident and this could be the reason for the line of the cars. The fog is present on the flyover where there is a huge lake next to it. Below is the screenshot of the map that I took at 11:15AM and you can see that the there is traffic jam near to the lake that I mentioned.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20240209_112039.jpg

The two wheelers should not be allowed on this flyover as they take up one whole lane and they are in the risk of getting killed and also we have seen some two wheeler accidents where they fly off from this flyover to the below road.

Last edited by bobbyblr : 9th February 2024 at 11:22.
Old 9th February 2024, 11:25   #21584
BHPian

Switched to metro instead of travelling by car to Itpl from Domlur. Took rapido/ parked bike at station and then took metro . Was always hasslefree and had a sigh of relief seein traffic blocks on ORR,OMR,Tin factory,Hoodi
touring_spirit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 11:25   #21585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any safe/paid car parking near 17th cross Malleswaram?
There is free parking available near the Malleshwaram ground, (Left turn at the signal after the the ground when coming from Tata Institute) backside of the KEA building. I've parked there towards the evening, so not sure if it would be available during the day time.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks