Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:33   #21421
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
In the last many months, there is a disturbing trend going on. Bikers brushing against cars/scraping/knocking/mild-banging stationary cars and just riding on as if nothing happened

Disgusting.
Today something similar happened on Marathahalli Flyover in the morning. There was a cab in front of me to my left lane and a biker overtook the car crashing into the car's left ORVM breaking it and the biker didn't even turn back or stop. He just escaped into the gaps between vehicles and vanished.

The poor cabbie was left picking up the pieces ( literally and figuratively ).

More "citizen eye" type of things required here to deter people from causing damage like this and escaping without accountability. I wish I could hand a bit of the dashcam footage I have to the driver and even if I did, not sure the driver would pursue; I don't even know if the number of the biker was captured well enough in the dash video: need to check.

Last edited by airguitar : 22nd November 2023 at 19:36.
airguitar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 14:01   #21422
BHPian

Received on one of my WhatsApp group
Quote:

Forwarded as received...

Look forward for a massive traffic jam for three days.

Avoid Bellary Road and surrounding areas on 24th, 25th and 26th November.

* Tulu Koota Conference will be held on 24th at Bangalore Palace Grounds.

* One of the Organising Committee Member told me that about five lakh people are expected to participate.

* On 25th and 26th November, KAMBALA has been organised in the same Bangalore Palace Grounds.

* About 15 lakh people are expected to watch Kambala, both days put together.

* There will be massive traffic jam on Bellary Road.

* This will have a cascading effect on the areas surrounding the Palace Grounds such as Guttahalli, Sadashivanagar, Vyalikaval, New BEL Road, Mekhri Circle, Jayamahal Main Road, Cantonment Station, Hebbal, Gangenahalli, etc, etc.

* 200 pairs of Oxen will be brought to Bangalore in 300 vehicles.

* It is going to be really massive.

* So, please avoid Bellary Road and surrounding areas on those three days, 24th, 25th, 26th November.

* Passengers going to International Airport will have to think of alternate routes.

* Plan. Plan. Plan meticulously.
Old 23rd November 2023, 21:43   #21423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115 View Post
Received on one of my WhatsApp group
Bengaluru Traffic Police issued the following advisory, Source: https://www.facebook.com/BangaloreTrafficPolice
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp1.jpg  

airbus is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 08:07   #21424
Distinguished - BHPian

Going to be utter mayhem. The entire stretch can barely handle peak commute loads and now this!

I initially thought it was a hoax, and ignored it thinking surely the relevant authorities will not allow something like this. But in Bangalore, truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 08:47   #21425
BHPian

If they really wanted near Bengaluru, they could hold these events in Kunigal or Doddaballapura. I would attend them if parking is planned (which is doubtful since even the aero show is not planned for public parking). Doing something like this in the heart of City is very irresponsible.
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 08:52   #21426
Senior - BHPian

I am really surprised that the event is being held on a weekday when there are people commuting to office. This is going to throw the traffic totally out of control and is mainly going to affect the essential good transport inconveniencing a lot of sectors. Must spank the person who came up with such a brilliant idea.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 17:53   #21427
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone know what's happening on NICE road - MYsore Road junction area ? Seeing a traffic jam kind of situation on NICE road part on either side of the Mysore road. Seems to be happening for at least 2-3 days now.
Old 25th November 2023, 21:15   #21428
BHPian

Using Nice road has become such a gamble these days.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-nicetraffic.jpg

More toll I pay, more time and distance I've travel to reach my destination. Today's condition took 30mins more via Nice than city roads on my travel from Tumkur to Kanakpura road with more toll.
Old 25th November 2023, 22:44   #21429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Anyone know what's happening on NICE road - MYsore Road junction area ? Seeing a traffic jam kind of situation on NICE road part on either side of the Mysore road. Seems to be happening for at least 2-3 days now.
White topping on the Southward direction for a fair bit of distance that has led to the Northward direction sharing the both side traffic, which means each side has 1.5 lanes including the shoulder.

Hence it is expected to cause chaos for a few more days since the work is almost done when I drove through two weeks ago but for a final stretch. After that things will be back to normal.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 12:36   #21430
Senior - BHPian

A query actually. Not a rant.

As we know there are cameras installed in several of the major and minor junctions. Many of these are after the junction focusing on the rear of our vehicles. I assume to capture the violations after they have occurred.

Many times, If you're behind a heavy vehicle like BMTC bus, you cannot see the signal tree. BMTC don't have to follow the stop at red light rule and is inevitably going to jump the signal. You are right behind the bus and can see that the signal is red only after you're halfway through the junction. It's too late to stop. So your 'offence' is recorded on the camera.

If the camera was at the traffic light, it cannot see you because you cannot see it. But these new cameras are going to capture the signal jump and you're probably going to be penalised.

How do we prevent this from happening?

1. Giving about 10 feet from the back of a heavy vehicle is not possible because another vehicle is going to squeeze in.
2. Driving in the corner of the heavy vehicle will cause a lane violation
3. Unlike taxis private vehicles are not allowed to have a bull bar covering the number plate.

Any practical suggestions?
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 17:36   #21431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
A query actually. Not a rant.

1. Giving about 10 feet from the back of a heavy vehicle is not possible because another vehicle is going to squeeze in.
3. Unlike taxis private vehicles are not allowed to have a bull bar covering the number plate.

Any practical suggestions?
So I have been a victim of this sort of situation at the Bommanahalli signal going towards Koramangala. But those were the days of lower fines and I got away with a crisp Rs 100 note. Since then, I have followed option 1 as mentioned in your list and purposely allow that other vehicle to squeeze in. Might cost me a couple of minutes if I end up missing the signal but peace of mind is invaluable.
Old 1st December 2023, 07:55   #21432
Distinguished - BHPian

Here we go (again)!
Nine major road corridors in Bengaluru to get Rs 400-crore facelift

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...celift-2792034
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 07:23   #21433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Here we go (again)!
Nine major road corridors in Bengaluru to get Rs 400-crore facelift

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...celift-2792034
Quoting ...
>>
but utilities would not be shifted below the footpath. "Creating underground infrastructure for utilities is a time-consuming and expensive exercise. The rest of the design is on a par with global standards,” RKMishra said
>>

Dumb, idiotic statement! Blore will continue to remain an eyesore this way, along with associated problems like unreliable power supply, power theft, electrocution hazard, etc!

This was a golden opportunity to push all utilities underground as done in all other Tier 1 and 2 cities nationwide, especially power cables. Unfortunately Blore city fathers are thinking of thwarting this opportunity too!
Old 2nd December 2023, 07:43   #21434
BHPian

Now Bangaloreans seeking traffic-related anger management help :

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...update-2788632

Unsurprising TBH, to put up with so much traffic everyday, would certainly lead to these.

Quote:
Anger issues are on a high

Paulomi Sudhir, professor, department of clinical psychology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, says that she has come across numerous patients who have experienced anger in varied situations, inclu...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...update-2788632
Old 2nd December 2023, 12:27   #21435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post

No.1 is the most ideal and practical option. Keep distance between your car and a heavy vehicle, always. I do not like driving immediately behind a bus or truck as it greatly hinders the visibility. Add to that the hot engine air and exhaust fumes from the rear of buses.

As for this situation of traffic light, I won't mind another vehicle squeezing in. Let him take the risk (or reward) but I'm now able to see the traffic light. Moreover, if the light is red, it will also prevent me from possibility of a collision with vehicles coming from other direction (where the traffic light has turned green).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks