Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2023, 20:11   #21121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
How about safety and overall conduct. Have you ever come across co-passengers who were problematic?
Usually the riders are corporate employees & generally well behaved. I used the app for almost 1.5 years before covid & the experience was usually good. Met some great people and used to be fun chatting about their work & life in general. Helped with offsetting some fuel expenses as well.

Yes a few used to be a little rude treating it like a general cab service(heading straight to back-seat when front is empty, shutting doors heavily & worst was not ready to buckle-up even on front seat) but you can always block such people after that one time. In general no real safety issue as such as usually that I noticed, just usual behavioral issues that you can see anywhere in general.

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th August 2023 at 20:14.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 08:00   #21122
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like HAL to Peenya & back

PM Modi to visit Bengaluru on Aug 26 to congratulate ISRO team for Chandrayaan-3's success

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/india/p...uccess-2659622
Old 25th August 2023, 09:22   #21123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looks like HAL to Peenya & back

PM Modi to visit Bengaluru on Aug 26 to congratulate ISRO team for Chandrayaan-3's success

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/india/p...uccess-2659622
Why don't VIPs use helicopters within City ? I know ISTRAC is a old facility, not sure if they have a helipad. But they should upgrade given they will be doing more things going forward and have to expect VIPs
Old 25th August 2023, 09:41   #21124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Why don't VIPs use helicopters within City ? I know ISTRAC is a old facility, not sure if they have a helipad. But they should upgrade given they will be doing more things going forward and have to expect VIPs
ISTRAC is a huge campus and they have enough land to create a temporary Helipad.

So the roads are blocked from 4:30 AM, and the stretch is from Summanahalli to HAL Airport one amazing arc where we cover one major atrial road as well.

Bengalureans brace yourself for a spillover effect of Jams tomorrow.
Old 28th August 2023, 09:48   #21125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntra800 View Post
Bengalureans brace yourself for a spillover effect of Jams tomorrow.
Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that I will be a victim of my own comment. To avoid the rush/jam I decided to leave home by 4AM and avoid outer ring and join Tumkur road via NICE road, all was going good joined Kanakapura road and entered NICE road and then out of the blue all the vehicles were asked to exit at Mysore road since there was a concrete mixer truck thought must be some bridge related repair, I exited NICE road hoping to take the entry back into the road in Mysore road. I was in for a surprise had to go almost a kilometre for a U turn only to be stopped by Cops from entering NICE road, upon asking them their reply was road closed, go via the city and this cost me precious 30 mins the whole process of getting out of nice road and then the small talk with the cops along with a huge pile up of trucks on Mysore road.

As the advisory said avoid the ring road, Tumkur road from 4 to 10 AM ventured towards the city via the old ring road in Kengeri and reached Magadi road junction only to find barricades preventing me to join the ring road again, somehow squeezed through the gap hoping no cop will stop me. Reached Tumkur road and then took the elevated flyover, luckily the side leading outside the city was open for traffic but not the one leading into the city. As I got down from the flyover I noticed the traffic pile up on the side leading towards city extending way beyond BIEC.

I agree there is a protocol for PM's travel, but for gods sake the least our authorities can do is plan properly and issue proper advisories no where in the advisory they had mentioned NICE road will be blocked .
puntra800 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 13:40   #21126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree there is a protocol for PM's travel, but for gods sake the least our authorities can do is plan properly and issue proper advisories no where in the advisory they had mentioned NICE road will be blocked .
True, advisory says one thing and something else is implemented on the road on that specific day!
I was also stuck in one of the Roadshows during state elections 4 months ago...
Old 28th August 2023, 15:45   #21127
Distinguished - BHPian

Danish Sait Reel

Saw the above Reel from Danish Sait today, he has perfectly captured the nuisance of One side driving in Bangalore in a hilarious manner.

Last edited by AtheK : 28th August 2023 at 15:56.
AtheK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 09:28   #21128
BHPian

Really sparse traffic in Bangalore today morning, drove 20 KM on ORR in 38 minutes flat. Wish everyday could be Onam!

Last edited by Acharya : 29th August 2023 at 09:49.
Old 29th August 2023, 14:03   #21129
BHPian

Quote:
Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that I will be a victim of my own comment.

I think the PM should take a chopper from the airport and not allow the city's traffic to be taken for a ransom. Even the extra fuel burnt by the cars on the road would more than pay for his chopper fuel many times over. Our politicians need to be more considerate and not throw the mango man's already harassed life into further disarray.
outdoorlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 23:04   #21130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This was a random plan from the PMO to felicitate the ISRO team, I guess! The authorities had little time to plan.

To be very fair, as protocol was relaxed, the convoy was minimal. I was outside a hospital where my wife was and the convoy consisted of

2 Police sweep vehicles
A Fortuner anti jammer
2 Fortuners + Range Rover + one Tata pick with camera crew and another 2 Fortuners
2 Karnataka state Innovas

That was it and that was how it should be - no state govt cars, no party cadre cars.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 09:23   #21131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
That was it and that was how it should be - no state govt cars, no party cadre cars.
Agree, it's more the petty politicians and carpetbaggers that make a bigger mess by throwing their insecurities and weight around. I believe this time there were strict instructions to avoid any jamborees.

Albeit, the helicopter ferry is so much better. There are any number of secure helipads now in BLR and outskirts starting from HAL, E-City, Yelahanka & Jalahalli AFBs, Jakkur Aerodrome, ITC Taj Vivanta, BIEC and so on.
Old 7th September 2023, 08:26   #21132
Senior - BHPian

Sheer genius on the part of our Dearly Beloved Traffic Polizei to block an arterial road such as this one near Agara on a mid week morning with a very high density of commuters.
Beautiful Bangalore! Smart City!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_4990.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 09:03   #21133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Beautiful Bangalore! Smart City!
Looks anything but beautiful. Those ugly RCC poles, overhead power cables and OFC cables, and overhead pole-mounted transformers so typical of most streets of Bangalore, are a complete eyesore (and dangerous). Makes it looks like a Tier 4 mofussil town.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 14:10   #21134
BHPian

The railway underpass connecting the road on the side of Kadubeesanahalli Croma to Balagere road has been closed. It was an improvisation done by local body to convert a water way into a connecting road and was quite useful, when not flooded. Any idea if this is temporary due to water logging or permanent?

The traffic on other routes to cross the railway line have been pretty bad since then. Hope this get sorted out, otherwise its adding 15 to 30 mins to my commute.
Old 7th September 2023, 15:26   #21135
BHPian

The Binnypet road which leads to Chamrajpet from Magadi road is closed due to SWD works, I got stuck for more than hour because all the traffic was diverted towards Cottonpet main road. There were cops who were suppose to divert traffic but did nothing(I understand their frustration but atleast they could have diverted the traffic near Arogya Soudha itself)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks