Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2023, 09:58   #21076
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
One +ve update : STTR from Nandi Upachar Devanhalli to Hoskote is finished (till 7-8 km before hoskote) . Could be a good option for all the whitefield guys who want to go to Nandi Hill and Hyderabad by avoiding Budigere, Devanhalli etc. The old road is to be taken for 7-8 km before this new road starts.
Can you please show this route in Google maps? I am not able to identify the new road. It'll help a lot for my airport runs.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 10:53   #21077
Distinguished - BHPian

https://twitter.com/dcpwhitefield/st...497138177?s=20

Cops have caught those Gunjur rowdies. Hope they mete out exemplary punishment and publicise the same as well. Their follow-on assault on the victims could have resulted in severe injuries or fatalities.

Hitting anyone with helmets etc. can easily fatal. Remember Mr. Navjyot Singh?

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th July 2023 at 11:10.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 10:58   #21078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Cops have caught those Gunjur rowdies. Hope they mete out exemplary punishment and publicise the same as well.
This is probably not their first offence and pretty sure they'll make bail and be out soon.

Unless the laws, enforcement of laws and punishments are super strict, these incidents will continue to happen.
Old 14th July 2023, 12:59   #21079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Cops have caught those Gunjur rowdies. Hope they mete out exemplary punishment and publicise the same as well. Their follow-on assault on the victims could have resulted in severe injuries or fatalities.

Hitting anyone with helmets etc. can easily fatal. Remember Mr. Navjyot Singh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
This is probably not their first offence and pretty sure they'll make bail and be out soon.

Unless the laws, enforcement of laws and punishments are super strict, these incidents will continue to happen.
It looks to be triggered due to the influence of alcohol. Else I dont believe someone can be so mindless to first assault in the middle of the road and then all the way at their residence. CCTV cameras are all over the place and there will definitely be legal consequences once these people get an FIR in their case history irrespective of being bailable or whatever.

The guy with the white T shirt was the most drunk I feel, he couldnt even stop his vehicle correctly and even at the apartment he was trippy. The one wearing yellow jersey couldnt even speak clearly. The black T shirt guy was the most in his senses and he doesnt seem to have been arrested either. What might follow is that those guys would be made to pay up for the damages and a compromise reached in the presence of the police.
Old 14th July 2023, 18:21   #21080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What might follow is that those guys would be made to pay up for the damages and a compromise reached in the presence of the police.
Highly likely that these goons are backed by someone influential in politics. A compromise to pay for material damages is fine (sometimes the culrpits and the mediator will agree to pay only upto a certain limit which may cover only a part of the damage) but what about the innocent people in the car that were attacked? Sadly, the physical assault and mental agony cannot be compensated.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th July 2023 at 11:57. Reason: Fixing minor typo :)
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 18:56   #21081
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Highly likely that these goons are backed by someone influential in politics. A compromise to pay for material damages is fine (sometimes the culrpits and the mediator will agree to pay only upto a certain limit which may cover only a part of the damage) but what about the innocent people in the car that were attackedy
If that were the case the matter would not have reached the stage of an FIR with such a quick arrest. Would have been hushed off at the police station. Contrary to your belief, even if they are backed by someone influential in politics, it wont work once the matter escalates to this level unless its directly dealing with that influential person. Else the typical attitude of ‘I know someone’ will only work to a limited extent.

I can safely bet that these guys didnt expect the matter to escalate to such a level or were not in a state of mind to do so. Now that it has happened, you can already see the regret on their faces in the picture. Mental damage is another issue that cant be fixed even if a compromise is reached. But it’s not so easy getting away from the law just because someone is backed by someone else. Will only work when the accused themselves are pretty powerful in which case they would have been marked absconding by now

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th July 2023 at 11:57. Reason: Fixing typo in quoted post
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 19:21   #21082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic
CCTV cameras are all over the place and there will definitely be legal consequences once these people get an FIR in their case history irrespective of being bailable or whatever.
From a legal stand point, an FIR is not the only very important document. An FIR is just a document that the government (who are to protect citizens) have been made aware of an attack/crime on some people. The government machinery which deals with this - the police - has taken cognizance of this offence. What happens when an FIR has been lodged is that the police have to work on it and take it a closure. So they cannot act that such an event did not take place.

What has to happen next is the police would have to identify and take the criminals into custody. Which has been done now. The police decided what sections of which laws (usually the IPC) needs to be used against the guilty. Based on this, the accused can get what is known as 'station bail' and get out of the station immediately. Or else they can enjoy the hospitality at the police lock up, then appear at a magistrate court and try bail there (based on bail conditions set by the magistrate). The police will have to then draw up a charge sheet and present it to the magistrate court for the trial. The people who complained (and also made the videos) will also have to support the police and appear as witness in the case. And based on all that; the accused may be convicted and then sent on imprisonment and/or fine. It is the charge sheet which matters, and then the charges also being supported by witness statements.

Quote:
I can safely bet that these guys didnt expect the matter to escalate to such a level or were not in a state of mind to do so.
Precisely. These folks generally have a feeling that they can get out of such things using a few supposedly 'advantages' 1) physical size and more in numbers 2) local language and local contacts. Often their victims/targets lack both of these. These advantages vanish in a jiffy when more people come to know of the incident and are demanding justice. Their local contacts (Panchayath, Ward members etc.) do not have the clout to challenge this now, and would most likely advice them to deal it by themselves. Local language and skills in abusing also is of no use with the state police who also speak the same language and knows how to deal with abuses/threats.

Making them to give an apology in real humiliating terms (admitting that their parents were not capable of decent parenting and teaching decent behaviour) and then making that go viral in social media may be a better punishment. They will lose face in their locality as well.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 07:55   #21083
Distinguished - BHPian

Dreading the extra congestion at the entire KR Puram + Beniganahalli area:

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...olice-8839949/

Last edited by itwasntme : 16th July 2023 at 08:22.
Old 17th July 2023, 11:25   #21084
BHPian

Quote:
Dreading the extra congestion at the entire KR Puram + Beniganahalli area:

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...olice-8839949/
I faced this today, normal route of Sir SMVT station to Byapanahalli ROB was totally choked. tried to come back to Ulsoor Lake route also was totally choked. So came back home for today. Need to see the best way to get accross tomorrow.
Old 17th July 2023, 11:38   #21085
Distinguished - BHPian

Faced this yesterday night, since it was Sunday night was manageable. Google was showing some 6 mins delay, but felt it was much lesser.

The issue is, since the traffic is routed through the left side underpass, vehicles have to take a slightly curved route. Bigger vehicles were taking this turn cutting across lanes and smaller vehicles as usual were trying to go via the rightmost / closed lane and then cut across the queue. This was adding up to the mess.

If only the full length of metro line to Whitefield was open, at least some of the people could have used that as alternative.
Old 17th July 2023, 11:49   #21086
Team-BHP Support

The new ruling party of the State has been frequently brining traffic to a halt in the CBD. Long lines of tempo travellers parked up on every other street ferrying party workers by the thousands, flex banners erected and lined on every major street around the CBD, and major meetings scheduled and organised by them at ShangriLa hotel. These activities are throwing traffic in the CBD completely out of whack and disturbing the little peace that was left in the city centre.

Utterly disappointed in their complete lack of compassion, not to mention the huge levels of inconvenience caused to those who need to get around.

Those who need to commute to the city centre - you have been warned.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 11:59   #21087
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ all opposition parties (to the central government) are convening in Bangalore today and tomorrow. Posters put up all over CBD announcing this so please be advised to avoid the CBD area till tomorrow EOD.

Bengaluru Opposition meet - 26 parties to attend gathering

Last edited by ninjatalli : 17th July 2023 at 12:01. Reason: Added link
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 12:24   #21088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
^^ all opposition parties (to the central government) are convening in Bangalore today and tomorrow. Posters put up all over CBD announcing this so please be advised to avoid the CBD area till tomorrow EOD.

Bengaluru Opposition meet - 26 parties to attend gathering
Yup, 2 day meeting at the Taj West End. Totally avoid if possible.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 20:45   #21089
Distinguished - BHPian

Some mind boggling number on the number of employees and cars commuting between KR Puram and Silk Board on ORR daily. 650,000 people and 300,000 vehicles.

Maybe a little inflated also looking at some of the numbers, but even 50% of this is massive.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20230717_203546.jpg

Source and Detailed News: Link
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 22:05   #21090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Some mind boggling number on the number of employees and cars commuting between KR Puram and Silk Board on ORR daily. 650,000 people and 300,000 vehicles.

Maybe a little inflated also looking at some of the numbers, but even 50% of this is massive.
50% is staggering! And that doesn't include cabs ( office or personal ), with those added in it will get to 75-80%. And I'm one of those 300k+ vehicles. I have tried everything as below
  • 2 wheeler/scooter (unsafe, especially when it rains)
  • Auto(exorbitant pricing and I don't get an auto back home in the evening)
  • Bus works well when it's not raining and if I'm not in a hurry - but I have to take 3 buses to get to work, and then walk 2.5 kms to get to my desk; having traveled in govt buses for 25+ years of my life, I have no energy to put up with this anymore. Not to mention how crowded they can get and the pickpockets on prowl
  • Cabs - no cab during office hours. Have to wait hours on
  • Personal Car - your life is in your control. No 2 kms walking on nonexistent footpaths, no waiting times for cabs, no worry of rains, no exorbitant price. However, the drive time cannot be used for any other productive thing. There are days when I feel like not driving and none of the options above are helpful - it's frustrating so much so that I don't even think of it.
  • Office cabs - Somewhat the best option, but don't prefer the lack of flexibility ( e.g., if your kid's school bus is late, which it usually is, your cab is at your door already; not to mention circuitous routes for pickups and drops.

I stick to my personal car for all office commute!
airguitar is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks