Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2023, 19:14   #21031
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I believe heavy vehicles, including school buses, are not allowed to take the u turn at brand factory. Of course no one complies with that.
Nope, no such restrictions. All and Sundry are allowed and do take the U turn. There was a height barrier there couple of years back, but was removed. Things wouldn't change unless they block off that U turn, as people are incapable of staying in their lane. Everyone who wants to take a U turn, are on all the 3-5 lanes that they have created for themselves in a 2 lane road.
Old 22nd June 2023, 19:54   #21032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Not a rant.
Please share your inputs to improve our city at https://brandbengaluru.karnataka.gov.../Feedback.aspx .
How much of this is acted upon is anyone's guess, but akin to voting, putting up suggestions ex: last mile connectivity for mass transit etc will atleast generate data points for activists to push for them.
Hogwash, waste of time! Been there done that several times. Every Karnataka govt is forever in taking suggestions mode from public, a phenomenon unique to Bangalore and Pune, both with abysmal infra. Shows they (BDA, BBMP, BESCOM, BWSSB) totally lack the expertise!

And oh BTW, they never get into implementing the given suggestions mode.

Last edited by vharihar : 22nd June 2023 at 19:55.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 12:57   #21033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
One side of one of these mini underpasses at the first intersection when coming into Ecoworld is open now.

I totally fail to understand what is the purpose and how it will help..
View of that under pass:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_8846.jpeg

More than an exit from the tech parks, I think this helps for an easy entry to the tech parks. You don’t have to block the opposite traffic to make way for vehicles entering into these tech parks beside these underpasses.
Old 26th June 2023, 14:44   #21034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Right now saw the worst pile up both sides, from airport side it was creep creep from HAL Museum. From whitfield side, the pile up was beyond the underpass at Kundanahalli when I took turn to Brookfields side. So I guess the old system just can't handle the current traffic.
Now the right turn at the top of the underpass is back Last week after they got back to the U turn near Yemaluru it got really bad on both sides. Now they are back to managing the right turn on Marathahalli Underpass but today morning I observed that the holdup from Kundanahalli underpass side was lesser.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 15:07   #21035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Now the right turn at the top of the underpass is back Last week after they got back to the U turn near Yemaluru it got really bad on both sides. Now they are back to managing the right turn on Marathahalli Underpass but today morning I observed that the holdup from Kundanahalli underpass side was lesser.
The overall traffic was much less today. The next 3 (Tue-Thu) days is when the traffic is usually higher. I see there is no other alternative but to live with this for now.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 19:25   #21036
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Underpass but today morning I observed that the holdup from Kundanahalli underpass side was lesser.
I had noticed that they had tarred up the central area at Jn on Friday afternoon, so I was expecting this to come back as near permanent. May they fix this nice by next week, when am back in town
Old 27th June 2023, 09:51   #21037
Distinguished - BHPian

Right turn closed again.

Not sure if two strong lobbies are fighting against each other for this implementation. Today it was closed and that led to a traffic backlog until HAL Museum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I had noticed that they had tarred up the central area at Jn on Friday afternoon, so I was expecting this to come back as near permanent. May they fix this nice by next week, when am back in town
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
The overall traffic was much less today. The next 3 (Tue-Thu) days is when the traffic is usually higher. I see there is no other alternative but to live with this for now.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 10:50   #21038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right turn closed again.
When I passed that junction around 9:40am, it was very much open. I come from the Kundalahalli side. Traffic was heavier than yesterday but was moving slowly. Being in a TW helps though
Old 27th June 2023, 12:51   #21039
BHPian

Not sure if it is me, but off-late, there are lot of people who drive/ride through one-ways, wrong side on a two-way road. Cut across without utter care for fellow motorists, absolutely no respect for other cars/bikes.
Old 27th June 2023, 13:06   #21040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
This is only going to get worse as around 2-3 massive tech parks are coming up in that narrow Chinnappanahalli road. All these tech parks have back gates and folks who work there will take this narrow road to commute to/from ORR.
Quote:
Yes the new tech parks are atrocities with just no approach and the only respite has been the widening of the road between Graphite India and this tech park. However the back side of the park which has an exit towards that narrow railway gate road will become a nightmare. And I dont see a railway bridge being built there anytime soon, even though the road geometry will permit an easy overbridge there. Should see what is the result of the hosur railway line doubling since that will narrow down the road further.
There is a private overbridge that was approved by the Railways three months ago. The approach road is being built completely on private land beside Chinnapanhalli Lake, connecting the tech parks. The approach road lands in the service lane about 100 meters before the Kalamandir bus stop. I can't comment on when the overbridge will be completed, and what it will do to the Marathahalli-Kalamandir bottleneck is another million-dollar question.

Note: Approval for these tech parks was granted in 2013, anticipating a favorable verdict in the Graphite India case.
Old 27th June 2023, 21:36   #21041
Distinguished - BHPian

Whatever they’re smoking I want it!

Karnataka: State Govt Proposes Peenya-Hebbal-K.R. Puram-Hosur Twin Tunnel On NH-44 To Ease Traffic Gridlock In Bengaluru

https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/k...k-in-bengaluru

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th June 2023 at 21:37.
itwasntme is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 22:20   #21042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Karnataka: State Govt Proposes Peenya-Hebbal-K.R. Puram-Hosur Twin Tunnel On NH-44 To Ease Traffic Gridlock In Bengaluru

https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/k...k-in-bengaluru
Both the big boys of the govt are always in some sort of high. So such things are expected. I am sure they imagine tunnels to be created magically underground so no land acquisition, no lobbying and so within a few days so they can rake up a huge commission. On the ORR there is no more scope for vertical expansion of roads so they went underground

And these bunch of biggies who met the CM and proposed tunnels also don't have a clue on what they are speaking about. To dig a trench on a main road, they end up damaging everything from communication cables to gas pipelines(ref. Whitefield metro work). Imagine a tunnel along the ORR. It will just serve as a method to link all the lakes right from Hebbal lake, Nagawara lake, Benniganahalli lake underground and improve groundwater and finally take credit for that. Okay, end of my stupid rant.

Last edited by audioholic : 27th June 2023 at 22:22.
audioholic is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 07:45   #21043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme
. This tunnel seems to be another fancy idea like the K.R Puram hanging bridge built during 2000s when Bengaluru was being changed into Singapore . I hop[e statements such as Steel Flyover project: Siddu got scared, I'd have gone ahead.., are just a bit of bravado and not more potent serious stuff.
Old 28th June 2023, 11:27   #21044
BHPian

Quote:
Imagine a tunnel along the ORR. It will just serve as a method to link all the lakes right from Hebbal lake, Nagawara lake, Benniganahalli lake underground and improve groundwater and finally take credit for that. Okay, end of my stupid rant.
Come to think of it, the tunnels might salvage Bangalore from it's storm water drain problems, with all lakes interconnected by these underground water channels, motorist would be able to blissfully drive on the ground level roads during rains!

Last edited by Acharya : 28th June 2023 at 11:37.
Acharya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 19:19   #21045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Come to think of it, the tunnels might salvage Bangalore from it's storm water drain problems, with all lakes interconnected by these underground water channels, motorist would be able to blissfully drive on the ground level roads during rains!
Tender called: Construction of Twin tunnels along outer ring road to ease traffic

Few years and few monsoons later when its time to cut the ribbon:
“Inauguration of World class underground lake linking and borewell recharge system” - to prevent water logging and ease traffic

I think no company will agree to embark on such a project and even if they do, it will be the biggest scam pulled off by the government and the most expensive infra project at least in Karnataka if not India.

And I really can't digest the fact that the people who suggested this are well educated folks some also from the construction fraternity. In my limited knowledge, L&T is the tunnel master of India and not even they would have built such a long tunnel project so far. And we have the MD of a huge builder a part of this group who suggested tunnels. Their own apartment basements aren't rid of water logging.

The STRR and PRR are exactly being built to divert passing traffic out of Bangalore city and ORR. After this, and the ring road metro, what's left as vehicular traffic on ORR will be some commuters and short distance travelers. If they can ensure consistency in the road, well designed exits, flyovers with even surface, that's enough to keep the ball rolling for a few years to come. Not sure why people can't think sensibly and suggest things only to sound cool - Because tunnels sound cooler than flyovers?
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks