Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2023, 13:31   #20896
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

^ Good! Such morons should be taught a lesson or two!
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 13:46   #20897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
She was in a peacock-green Nexon EV, was doing all that you mentioned plus more -
Call it coincidence but I encountered a similar colored lady driven Nexon ev last weekend. Again this was in front of Innovative multiplex on the service road but going towards Marathahalli and seemed to be in tearing hurry. I took the other approach - I crawled for some time so she could move much ahead in the chain but not bother my move.

Last edited by ashis89 : 8th May 2023 at 13:59.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 14:52   #20898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
...Next chance that I got to overtake her in front of Ecospace flyover, slowed down & stopped my car bang in front of her, trapping her behind mine...
Lesson from my driving instructor: don't let your anger EVER take the wheel.

For your own safety & sanity, as annoying and worthy of a teaching moment as a moron fellow road-user may be, please do not indulge in brake-checking and join their tribe of irresponsible road behaviour. Given your description of the errant driver's antics, I wouldn't risk putting limb or machine in their path.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 16:08   #20899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Lesson from my driving instructor: don't let your anger EVER take the wheel.

For your own safety & sanity, as annoying and worthy of a teaching moment as a moron fellow road-user may be, please do not indulge in brake-checking and join their tribe of irresponsible road behaviour. Given your description of the errant driver's antics, I wouldn't risk putting limb or machine in their path.
I second that. There was a time when I used to fall prey to road rage too upon seeing trucks crawling in the fast lane (especially ubiquitous in south India), and I used to drive up in front of them and stop. Had done this several times on NICE Road, Hosur Rd ghats, etc. I later realized that while this may seem like I've won some battle-of-sorts, it could actually cause an accident as someone else may rearend into that truck from behind.

I nowadays avoid doing that, and just shrug such incidents off.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 12:03   #20900
BHPian

Bangalore is one city where bikers think talking on the phone and texting while driving is their birthright. While driving, many of them get up and pick up their mobiles from their pockets or place them inside.

Unfortunately, my car isn't KA registered. Even if I honk while someone is slow and leisurely driving while on the phone, I get a death stare.

Bangalore used to be strict on traffic rules 5-6 years back. Now, it is totally ignorant and negligent. I feel the emergence of online penalties has spoiled the riders.
Old 9th May 2023, 12:55   #20901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Today I realised that this blockade is not just at Jakkasandra, but also on all other roads that bring traffic into the anticlockwise ORR. I was driving from HSR Sector 6 to Bellandur in the morning rush hour; Google said the HSR flyover has a +25 minutes delay. So took the 17th cross into Agara village and tried joining ORR under Agara flyover; but BTP had barricaded off the last block of that connection too. Had to go through many bylanes and eventually gave up; drove towards Koramangala and went via Ejipura-Domlur.
The entire mess was (and still is) due to a crater that formed in the service road between Agara towards Iblur. The road caved in and since all buses are routed through service road, the backed up traffic is huge to choke all entry points.
Old 13th May 2023, 12:36   #20902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyG View Post
Election buzz in the air it seems, what with the PM coming down every now and then to inaugurate infra projects (I don't remember him coming to inaugurate the green or purple lines, but the 8 station Whitefield line is of utmost importance ), newly tarred roads everywhere and the BTP actually manning traffic and not just standing there taking pictures of violators the don't fancy.
Not sure if I'm dreaming, but many of the newly tarred roads in North Bengaluru seem to have washed off in the recent rains. The old potholes that I remember have reappeared. Could be only in my route though, with the rest of the roads being normal.
Old 13th May 2023, 12:42   #20903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Not sure if I'm dreaming, but many of the newly tarred roads in North Bengaluru seem to have washed off in the recent rains. The old potholes that I remember have reappeared. Could be only in my route though, with the rest of the roads being normal.
In Bangalore nothing is permanent except death, taxes and potholes.
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 17:16   #20904
BHPian

I need to be in Bagmane Tech Park for the next few days. I will be coming from Hennur side. I know its quite a mess but I have events to attend in Coral building. How is the traffic situation? I will typically be there from 11am till about 8 pm.
Old 16th May 2023, 11:49   #20905
arb

Folks,

Warning if you plan to travel towards Silkboard -> ORR. Massive jam, not sure on the cause. See pic from my spouse stuck in the melee, started 9:10 from around Marenahalli, approx 2.5hrs later next to Agara at this very point of time.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-agara-1.jpg

~ArB
Old 16th May 2023, 12:08   #20906
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb View Post
Warning if you plan to travel towards Silkboard -> ORR. Massive jam, not sure on the cause.
Apparently a tree has fallen across the road. Some twitter accounts say it's because a truck crashed into a tree and that fell.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 12:32   #20907
arb

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Apparently a tree has fallen across the road. Some twitter accounts say it's because a truck crashed into a tree and that fell.
Probably so, thanks!

Also, the traffic is moving now. Reached office next to Manipal just a while back.

~ArB
Old 16th May 2023, 12:44   #20908
BHPian

Anybody notice that ever since our dear PM traveled via Suranjan Das Road (C V Raman Nagar) for election campaigning (around 6-7 May), the BEML Gate traffic signal has not been functioning .

Once in a while, I see a cop manually directing the traffic. Most of the times I travel through this junction, it is just a free-for-all, I-have-right-of-the-way kind of traffic mess
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 13:02   #20909
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I need to be in Bagmane Tech Park for the next few days. I will be coming from Hennur side. I know its quite a mess but I have events to attend in Coral building. How is the traffic situation? I will typically be there from 11am till about 8 pm.
Assuming this is the Bagmane tech park at C V Raman Nagar.

You can take Hennur-Outer Ring Road-Kasturi Nagar-Old Madras Road-Varthur road-DRDO township phase 1-LRDE-Bagmane, your bottlenecks could be on the Outer ring road due to metro construction, at Varthur road-Nagavarapalya junction, should be manageable overall. Return after 8pm should not be too bad, but you will need to take Suranjan Das road back since the DRDO township gate will be closed for traffic.

*Varthur road is the one from the signal on Old Madras road where the erstwhile Big Bazaar was and now has the Analog Devices office I think.

Last edited by NPV : 16th May 2023 at 13:10.
Old 16th May 2023, 13:24   #20910
Senior - BHPian

I was traveling from Jayanagar to Outer Ring road and was stuck for more than 2 hours in Koramangala. This may be the effect of a tree falling in HSR. Finally managed to get out of the jam, took a diversion towards EGL Road > Old airport road to reach the destination.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks