Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

2022 TomTom Traffic Index

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20230217_115311.jpg

Source
Old 17th February 2023, 17:17   #20777
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I need to attend an event this evening at Icon Premier hotel by Bhagini (Devarabisanahalli on the outer ring road). I know there will be crazy traffic and mess due to the metro construction. From C V Raman Nagar, I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and take the straight forward but slow route via Old Madras road-Tin factory-K R puram station (below hanging bridge) and the up ramp onto ORR and reach the destination on the left (much simpler than taking old airport road-Yemalur-Bellandur).
Old 17th February 2023, 17:45   #20778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I need to attend an event this evening at Icon Premier hotel by Bhagini (Devarabisanahalli on the outer ring road). I know there will be crazy traffic and mess due to the metro construction. From C V Raman Nagar, I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and take the straight forward but slow route via Old Madras road-Tin factory-K R puram station (below hanging bridge) and the up ramp onto ORR and reach the destination on the left (much simpler than taking old airport road-Yemalur-Bellandur).
The devil and the deep sea! On evenings I return from Koramangala to Doddanekundi and I always notice a jam on the flyovers on the opposite side. My side moves slowly but it moves, unlike the other side which looks like cement. I would recommend the inside road from Bellandur lake side. But I haven't been on that road for a long time and don't know the condition nowadays. Best is to trust Google.
Malyaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 17:54   #20779
BHPian

Quote:
Why would you want to put yourself through so much of pain? I start from somewhere near Mahadevpura and even then I sometimes take inner roads to reach Yemalur and then take the Bellandur lake road to reach Devarabeesanahalli and beyond. From near HAL it is a no brainer to take Yemalur. Infact avoiding Yemalur and instead taking the Wind Tunnel road might actually be shorter based on the traffic near Kemp Fort.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 18:28   #20780
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
The devil and the deep sea!
Best is to trust Google.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
From near HAL it is a no brainer to take Yemalur. Infact avoiding Yemalur and instead taking the Wind Tunnel road might actually be shorter based on the traffic near Kemp Fort.
Gmaps is actually suggesting taking old airport road-doddanekkundi, double U turn at Karthik Nagar and proceeding on ORR all the way

Is that a legal turn at the Karthik nagar-ORR service road junction?
Old 17th February 2023, 19:02   #20781
BHPian

Quote:

Is that a legal turn at the Karthik nagar-ORR service road junction?
Nope. Ideally you will have to take U turn under the Doddanekundi flyover. But nearly eveyone goes slightly wrong way on the service road to take an u turn at isro junction itself
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 09:43   #20782
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Nope. Ideally you will have to take U turn under the Doddanekundi flyover. But nearly eveyone goes slightly wrong way on the service road to take an u turn at isro junction itself
Traffic was thankfully quite easily manageable till I reached the ISRO junction. There was a traffic warden who was not allowing any vehicles to go the wrong way to get to the main carriageway, so I made a left turn, continued on service road and then merged onto the ORR ahead. The metro work and the road median all the way ensured that my only option was to go below the Doddanekkundi flyover to make a U turn. In all, I would have lost about 10 minutes in this, still probably much better than the Tin factory route! Traffic all the way to Icon Premier was manageable

On the return, there was heavy traffic on ORR at 10pm, but I managed to get onto old airport road and it was a breeze from there.

Last edited by NPV : 18th February 2023 at 09:45.
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:16   #20783
Distinguished - BHPian

Amit Shah in BLR. Avoid CBD today and tomorrow if possible!

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...nounced-173650

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/to...d-1193966.html

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd February 2023 at 09:38.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 20:59   #20784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
As seen on Twitter
Attachment 2418476
Saw this news snippet and was reminded of this post
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fpnwo33acaaipwt.jpg
Old 25th February 2023, 08:21   #20785
BHPian

Saw some repair work on the e-city expressway (the lane towards electronics city was blocked) evening ~5.00pm.
As consequence, saw a massive pile up at silkboard. Not sure if it opened up now.

Thanked my stars I was on the opposite lane.
Old 26th February 2023, 20:52   #20786
Senior - BHPian

Nice road has gone narrow due to white topping work. Mostly one way divided into 2-way. Watch out for impatient helmetless two wheelers. I drove from bannerghata road till Mysore Road exit.

Having said that, Mysore Road has become awesome. Speed limit is 100 but since I had a toddler onboard, maintained 80ish in the middle lane. Went till Raasta Cafe. Car(Jazz CVT) was showing a staggering 22kmpl at one point
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-230273a220674de6a9ba4859dbc546ad.jpeg  

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th February 2023 at 20:54.
Old 27th February 2023, 07:45   #20787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Nice road has gone narrow due to white topping work. Mostly one way divided into 2-way. Watch out for impatient helmetless two wheelers. I drove from bannerghata road till Mysore Road exit.
Driving on tarmac is a much more smoother experience than over a concrete road.
The finish that they give is not upto the mark and the car keeps vibrating and jerking much more on concrete.

Btw in case you noticed this , have then finished the work between Banarghatta and Kanakpura exit ? The last time I took NICE road I entered from Banarghatta and exited Kanakpura, it was pathetic took double the time compared to the normal road.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 09:09   #20788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Driving on tarmac is a much more smoother experience than over a concrete road.
The finish that they give is not upto the mark and the car keeps vibrating and jerking much more on concrete.

Btw in case you noticed this , have then finished the work between Banarghatta and Kanakpura exit ? The last time I took NICE road I entered from Banarghatta and exited Kanakpura, it was pathetic took double the time compared to the normal road.
The roadwaorks between BG road and Kanakpura road are ongoing making it virtually a two lane highway with a divider. Of course we have the odd idiot going off road to overtake even on such roads.
I shudder to imagine what the situation would be like in the event of something even as minor as a fender bender. There is also a 2-3 kms section between Hosur road and BG road which is similar.
ShreyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 10:36   #20789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post

Its still the same. And even Kanakpura to Mysore & EC to BG road is also having similar patches. Never had such bad experience driving on NICE road. Will avoid till the road repair finishes. And agreed, driving on concrete roads is no fun at all.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 11:52   #20790
BHPian

Metro work near Manyata Tech Park Gate 2 is causing significant trafic pile up over flyover from Hebbal towards Manyta Tech Park on ORR.
Observing higher jam on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks