Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 11:54   #20341
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I needed to be in BWT yesterday and was dreading going there. However, it was smooth ride with hardly any snarls from hennur side to BWT /Bagmane World Technology Center in the morning (around 10:30 am) - reached within 40 mins (which is acceptable in Bangalore I guess) only slow traffic was in Rama Murthy Nagar section. KR Puram / Tin factory area was completed in minutes and I was very very surprised.

Return around 6 pm was a different story - i could not avoid leaving at this time because I had calls to attend to after 8 pm. It took me a good 1hr 45 mins to reach home after travelling 17/18 kms. Tin factory - KR puram flyover, Rama Murthy Nagar sections were super blocked. AND my rant is this. In all this chaos, there are these delivery "partners" riding in the opposite direction. Shouted at one of them who nearly touched by left OVRM in choosiest Kannada slangs I could come up with. The audacity they have is (for lack of a better word) amazing!
Old 14th October 2022, 12:13   #20342
BHPian

I got a job at Bagmane Constellation business park and need to start house hunting in the surrounding areas. I'm already dreading my office commute reading through this thread. Somebody suggested to rent a house in Pai layout near tin factory and I can reach Bagmane from inner roads without getting stuck in ring road traffic. Is this a good idea?
Old 14th October 2022, 12:40   #20343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I got a job at Bagmane Constellation business park and need to start house hunting in the surrounding areas.
Pai Layout till Bagmane Constellation will still be affected by ORR & OMR traffic and their confluence at KR Pura. I think (depending on your budget) you can find housing much closer in Doddanekundi/Mahadevpura/Garudacharpalya etc. from where you could walk to office.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 21:45   #20344
Senior - BHPian

Man!!! what jam near Attibele toll while entering KA from TN side. Earlier it used to be bad but never saw this bad. Took almost an hour to cover just 1-1.5kms inspite of fastag.

NH44 used to be my go-to place whenever I wanted a peaceful long drive for wide & smooth road having less traffic and scenes like this.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-8a28d5da59ac4b1e9a33e9f08e806aa5.jpeg

But lately even that’s becoming a pain specially this toll booth and the EC part of NH44.

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th October 2022 at 21:49.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 09:36   #20345
BHPian

Not a rant, but a slightly off-topic query:

I need to visit Sony World signal. I was thinking of taking Ola/Uber, but it is showing me Rs. 600 one way. So, I thought I can take my car. Is there a good, safe parking place nearby? I don't want to park on the road or small parking places which will need me to handover my keys. I'm ok to walk for up to 15 min which will be about a km.
Old 17th October 2022, 09:39   #20346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post

I need to visit Sony World signal. I was thinking of taking Ola/Uber, but it is showing me Rs. 600 one way. So, I thought I can take my car. Is there a good, safe parking place nearby?
Been ages since I went to this area, but I think Oasis Mall will be the best bet.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 09:48   #20347
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I got a job at Bagmane Constellation business park and need to start house hunting in the surrounding areas. I'm already dreading my office commute reading through this thread. Somebody suggested to rent a house in Pai layout near tin factory and I can reach Bagmane from inner roads without getting stuck in ring road traffic. Is this a good idea?
Please stick on to Doddanekkundi/Garudacharpalya/Mahadevpura areas only, there are plenty of apartments/communities with in 2km radius of it.
bht is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 09:48   #20348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
Not a rant, but a slightly off-topic query:

I need to visit Sony World signal. I was thinking of taking Ola/Uber, but it is showing me Rs. 600 one way. So, I thought I can take my car. Is there a good, safe parking place nearby? I don't want to park on the road or small parking places which will need me to handover my keys. I'm ok to walk for up to 15 min which will be about a km.
Pay and Park in Oasis Mall where Lifestyle and all are located. Or Pay and Park in front of Croma. Or Pay and Park in the Marks & Spencer basement.
Of the three, the best is Oasis Mall if you are actually going to Sony World signal and around Sapphire Toys or Wildcraft or whatever.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 19:21   #20349
BHPian

I Was discussing with a friend, what are the top choke points in our Ooru? There was a time when we used to talk about Sony World, but it has got a whole lot better now. In my experience, these are the 3 spots that are in the God tier
1. Goreguntapalya junction
2. Silk Board
3. ORR Sarjapur Road near Agara/Iblur
4. Hebbal to Windsor Manor on Bellary Road

Anything else?

Last edited by jaganm : 18th October 2022 at 19:25.
Old 18th October 2022, 19:27   #20350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
In my experience, these are the 3 spots that are in the God tier.

Anything else?
The entire ORR from Silk Board till KR Puram railway station is a choke point. Morning towards Silk Board, evening towards KR Puram.

Today I noticed a lot a BMTC buses on road. The left lane of the whole stretch were lined up with buses. Looks like they started deploying their complete fleet.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 20:52   #20351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
The entire ORR from Silk Board till KR Puram railway station is a choke point. Morning towards Silk Board, evening towards KR Puram.

Today I noticed a lot a BMTC buses on road. The left lane of the whole stretch were lined up with buses. Looks like they started deploying their complete fleet.
This week has been full-throttle crowd/traffic on the road. Possibly people want to be seen in office "well enough" before they vanish for Diwali. There have been traffic jams right from 730 AM this week.

I'm reeeeeaaaalllly looking forward for next week and the week after. Bengaluru roads would be the emptiest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I Was discussing with a friend, what are the top choke points in our Ooru? There was a time when we used to talk about Sony World, but it has got a whole lot better now. In my experience, these are the 3 spots that are in the God tier
1. Goreguntapalya junction
2. Silk Board
4. Hebbal to Windsor Manor on Bellary Road

Anything else?
Clearly, you haven't been on this side of the world, the part that defines "traffic jam"
- Whitefield(Kundalahalli) to Yemalur junction through Marathahalli
- KR Puram to Agara/Bellandur.
- KR Puram to Tin Factory ORR flyover
- Tirumalashettyhalli cross - Channasandra - Hopefarm - ITPL - Tinfactory. This is one of those stretches that sees 5x traffic on weekends : thanks to the two malls and their visitors.

Last edited by airguitar : 18th October 2022 at 20:55.
airguitar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 07:47   #20352
Senior - BHPian

How is today’s traffic scenario on the Iblur-Outer Ring Road area looking?

I have to travel from HSR around 12noon, for a work-lunch appointment to a hotel near Marathahalli on the Outer Ring Road and get back around 2pm.
Old 19th October 2022, 07:59   #20353
Senior - BHPian

I had to attend a dinner event at Bannerghatta Road on a Sunday evening (three days back). From Gottigere, it’s about 5.6 km and it took me a harrowing 1 hour 10 minutes. If it was a treadmill, I would have covered this distance in 35 minutes, but no, this was Bannerghatta Road.

I initially thought that there must have been an accident or some crash, but absolutely nothing. It was just the sheer volume of cars/bikes/autos/bmtc’s occupying every single inch, where the metro work has taken over most of the already narrow spaces.

No more Sunday evening jaunts. That’s it!

Last edited by Sheel : 19th October 2022 at 10:12. Reason: Typo.
jkrishnakj is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 17:57   #20354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I had to attend a dinner event at Bannerghatta Road on a Sunday evening (three days back). No more Sunday evening jaunts. That’s it!
Its' becoming common. Sat afternoons and Sunday evenings are as bad as weekday mornings or evenings. One of these days I sat down to list down all the negative and avoidable things in life plaguing me and road traffic was there on my top 3 list. The most productive 2 hours of one's morning spent sitting in chaos. Sets the tone for the rest of the day really.
airguitar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 18:15   #20355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj
No more Sunday evening jaunts. That’s it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar
The most productive 2 hours of one's morning spent sitting in chaos. Sets the tone for the rest of the day really.
+1. Social life is practically becoming zero. During week ends, generally I now do not plan more than one event/activity especially if that has to be done in the city. And most often I plan two activities for a Saturday & Sunday. And after the Saturday's exploits, get so bugged that the Sunday program gets cancelled 8).

Now there are also recommendations/gentle requests from work place to work from office. Which means that nearly one hour gets lost for a commute of 21kms. And the primary concern is when and how long will it take to get back home. Where as when logging from home, I easily get two more productive hours of work with lesser tension of commute. But as I see it things are going back to pre-COVID days with 'work from office' coming back with a bang.
sachinpk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks