Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 13:57   #19666
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
... will not have time to park and then get to the terminal. I assume with bike this may be easier...
+1. Parking on a tight schedule is a big no-no. With ongoing construction around at the terminal, the departures loop exit, arrivals loop entry and pedestrian crossover to P4 parking lot all converge into a small two lane interchange manually controlled by a couple of stewards, so takes a while. If P4 is full and one needs to park at P6 and walk back, it's bye-bye flight.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th June 2022 at 13:59.
Old 16th June 2022, 10:33   #19667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Guys what is happening on Sarjapur road any ideas? It cannot be the metro work on ORR causing this pileup.

All this even before the underpass construction has started.
Been coming to Manipal Hospital at Sarjapur Rd Jn for 2-3 days now and experienced the jam. One reason is obviously the left turn mess you mentioned, then the ORR metro construction is also a contributing factor. Apart from this, one hunch I have is that the traffic police are manually operating the signals and hence the timer duration keeps varying. Most days now traffic is backed up on ORR to Agara, HSR and when there is a jam that side, I think cops just keep the red on for a much longer time.

Yesterday when my wife travelled, it was jammed past the lake till Kaikondrahalli on Sarjapur Road and took 30-40 min to reach Harlur Jn and finally she got down and walked.

Today same time I drove and it was still blocked till the lake, but kept moving slowly and I reached Iblur Jn in 10-15 min. Yesterday evening 5pm it was free flowing..

Very unpredictable.

The back routes to ORR, Dodakanalli- Panathur, Carmelaram Road are all also jam packed again.All this is still with maybe 30-40% of folks working on ORR back in office?
Old 16th June 2022, 20:35   #19668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Today I had planned to visit office and starting at 12:30pm from my home near Lalbagh. Was surprised to see huge traffic from JC road towards Majestic. It took me almost 40 mins to cross JC road and reach Corporation circle. Again the traffic from there until Mysore bank circle was high and it took another 15 mins to cross that. What should have been a 35-40 mins drive to office took almost 1.5 hours. Not sure about what the issue was as there was no vehicle breakdown or accident that I could see.
This was due to an accident near Kengeri between a Lorry, BMTC and an auto. This had a cascading effecting on all the CBD areas on that day.
Old 16th June 2022, 21:07   #19669
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited Whitefield once last week for some office meetings. Left home near HAL around 8:40am, took old airport road and reached my destination around 9:20am with the last stretch from Gopalan Habitat/CMR taking almost 20 minutes , because of a drain being constructed across the road (just outside SJR Brooklyn). The slow spots were around Yamalur turn off signal and near Brand Factory, even Kundalahalli junction wasn't bad that morning, taking just about 5-6 minutes.

On the return, I started around 4:30pm, drove via Mahadevapura, KR Puram and reached home by 5pm.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 21:18   #19670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Visited Whitefield once last week for some office meetings. Left home near HAL around 8:40am, took old airport road and reached my destination around 9:20am with the last stretch from Gopalan Habitat/CMR taking almost 20 minutes , because of a drain being constructed across the road (just outside SJR Brooklyn).
Last Saturday, I went to service my car at Doddanakundi industrial area. On the return leg, around 12:30PM, I noticed traffic had piled up (on the other side of the road) from AECS layout junction until SJR Brooklyn, all because of that drain work. Kundanhalli junction is a lot better now because the road over the underpass is open allowing free movement of traffic and there's a cop manning the junction during busy hours (he wasn't there on Friday night).
Old 16th June 2022, 21:56   #19671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
even Kundalahalli junction wasn't bad that morning, taking just about 5-6 minutes.
Yes. Kundanahlli junction has stopped being a pain point ever since they started constructing the underpass. It clearly shows what smoothens traffic is not unnecessary underpasses but preventing criss crossing of traffic and having just one lane for each traffic flow instead of having some 2-3 lanes merge into one and having each side fight for right of way.
Old 17th June 2022, 08:15   #19672
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove back to Bangalore yesterday. Took about 6.5 hours for 360km including a couple of stops for breakfast and a break. Then took 1.5 hours for the last 20km inside Bangalore! Wasn't even heavy traffic or rain. Just what has become normal in our city!
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 10:35   #19673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Then took 1.5 hours for the last 20km inside Bangalore!
True.
Have tried entering Bangalore at various times of the day. The only occasion when it did not take over an hour for the final 15-20 km was around 3 AM.
adisan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 10:42   #19674
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
True.
Have tried entering Bangalore at various times of the day. The only occasion when it did not take over an hour for the final 15-20 km was around 3 AM.
+1, for all my outstation trips I have made it a practice to leave Bangalore before 3-30am and not enter Bangalore before 1am on the return.
bht is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 11:50   #19675
BHPian

Went to ORR yesterday at 10:00am thinking the peak time must be over and found a jam from Manipal hospital towards ORR.

This stretch is going to be murderous when everyone returns to office.
Old 17th June 2022, 20:34   #19676
Senior - BHPian

A lot of Cabbies have the 'Live to Drive' Team-BHP sticker on their bumper. What with their pulling into traffic without seeing, reversing on a bridge, right indicator and left turn, vice versa, Stopping in middle of road, always on a call, etc.

I want to vandalise the sticker and make it 'Learn to Drive'
wildsdi5530 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 21:25   #19677
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
A lot of Cabbies have the 'Live to Drive' Team-BHP sticker on their bumper.
Well the only saving grace is that almost every "Live to Drive" I've seen on cabs are either fake stickers or directly painted on
Old 18th June 2022, 11:34   #19678
Distinguished - BHPian

Beware the coming Monday, 20th June morning.

PM in BLR. As far as I know, he will land at Jakkur helipad and go to IISC by road. Going to be a total traffic block on that entire section for an hour at the very very least.

There is a massive rally also planned at Mysore Road too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...june-20-176609

Last edited by itwasntme : 18th June 2022 at 11:39.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 17:05   #19679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Yes. Kundanahlli junction has stopped being a pain point
Not really.

Thought of getting pollution certificate done and tried driving up from Marathahalli ORR to one in Brookfield. Got stuck from spice garden till Kundanahalli signal. Crawling for some 30 mins. As if that was not enough, after taking the left, up there comes another pile up on the Brookfield road right from AECS junction. I planned to abort going ahead and took left into AECS and planned to drive back to ORR. Comes again road closure near Chinnappanahalli and had to take left along with the railway track and back to spice garden again. Traffic was already piled up towards Marathahalli now right from the flyover. And again crawling till a petrol bunk near brand factory only to hear that the testing equipment is not working. Drove back to home. 1.5 hours got wasted and purpose was not done as well.

What is with the spice garden flyover? It looks to be some construction happening on to of it.

Traffic is not back to pre-covid. It is worse. Earlier the weekends were nice to drive with less traffic on most parts. Now weekends are worse all over the place.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 18th June 2022 at 17:34.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 17:34   #19680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Not really.
Ouch.. yes city wide the traffic is definitely worse than pre covid. Just today it took me 1.5 hours from mahadevpura to cubbon park at noon.

On the old airport road however I have been a regular over the last 6 months to Varthur and the pain points usually are the minor junctions were there is a parked vehicle on the left lane and vehicles turning right or taking an u turn on the right impeding the smooth flow. The kundanahalli signal by itself I found it to be a much smaller bottleneck than 3 yrs back.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks