Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2022, 17:32   #19501
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyG View Post
Hi Guys. Wanted to check on whether there is any news or update on the Koramangala flyover from Ejipura signal to Kendriya Sadan. A few months back I had seen some quick progress being made but things seem to have stalled once again. Last I remember reading was some HC orders to file an FIR against Simplex. Guess now it is into its second 5 year yojana of misappropriation.
During my recent drives via Koramangala, I did not observe any progress in work on this flyover.

Yet, the Gold medal for "flyover forever under construction" goes to Byappanahalli-NGEF flyover near Old Madras Road
Old 27th February 2022, 10:01   #19502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
During my recent drives via Koramangala, I did not observe any progress in work on this flyover.

Yet, the Gold medal for "flyover forever under construction" goes to Byappanahalli-NGEF flyover near Old Madras Road
Is that the railway flyover over Byanppanahalli line? Is that still not done? I remember it being half way when I used to live in that part of the city and regularly commuted through the small road from Frazer town to OMR next to the railway line.
However, the Gold medal may be on its way to Koramangala flyover. The NGEF flyover would link OMR to the new terminal which has been marketed heavily. So fast tracking would be done for its completion. Whereas BBMP is now supposedly going to take constructors of the Koramangala flyover to court. So there is no hope there for now. The 70kms peripheral ring road will most likely be completed before the 2.5 kms flyover.
ShreyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 09:34   #19503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is that the railway flyover over Byanppanahalli line? Is that still not done?
The rail over bridge connecting OMR to Maruti Sevanagar is done. Major relief, used to be a mess while waiting for trains to pass, now it's a breeze.

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Guys. Wanted to check on whether there is any news or update on the Koramangala flyover from Ejipura signal to Kendriya Sadan.
This flyover is a major tragedy. Hardly see anyone working on it ever.

Quote:
Which one is this?

Last edited by am1m : 28th February 2022 at 09:36.
Old 28th February 2022, 10:09   #19504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Mekedatu march in BLR between 1 - 3 March:
Avoid Mysuru Road, say police (ToI report)

Quote:
Police have requested commuters to use alternative routes to get to Bengaluru till the padayatra reaches the city.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 10:53   #19505
BHPian

Quote:
Is that the railway flyover over Byanppanahalli line? Is that still not done? I remember it being half way when I used to live in that part of the city and regularly commuted through the small road from Frazer town to OMR next to the railway line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Which one is this?
I'm referring to the same one as ShreyG. Years ago, I used to regularly come from Cox Town to Old Madras via road bordering Railway line on one side and Kalpalli Cemetry on the other. I also used to take right turn from OMR to this road on the return journey which is now blocked.
Have they completed and opened this flyover which connects OMR to Baiyappanahalli Yard Cabin & Indian Oil Flyover?
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 11:02   #19506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm referring to the same one as ShreyG. Years ago, I used to regularly come from Cox Town to Old Madras via road bordering Railway line on one side and Kalpalli Cemetry on the other.
Ah ok, yes, that flyover is ready and opened. Smooth drive now. The 2 roads below are still being tarred though, the one leading towards Kalpalli, might take a few weeks more.

Quote:
I also used to take right turn from OMR to this road on the return journey which is now blocked.
Yeah, that turn is blocked, so you'll have to go down a bit and take a U-turn at the 100-ft road junction. (Watch out for the stream of idiots going the wrong way on the road though, because they can't cross the road now to get to 100 ft road!)
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 17:07   #19507
Distinguished - BHPian

Beware!

Bengaluru traffic to be affected due to Mekedatu padayatra: List of diversions

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...ons-161449?amp

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st March 2022 at 17:22.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 07:29   #19508
Senior - BHPian

My favourite NICE road isn't safe at night I believe. So many robberies reported that they closed it at night for two-wheelers. I'd taken the Kanakapura road and it was jam packed due to the Mekedaatu Padayatra
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_2848.jpg  

Old 8th March 2022, 13:39   #19509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to check on whether there is any news or update on the Koramangala flyover from Ejipura signal to Kendriya Sadan.
Quote:
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/90061764.cms

Looks like this flyover will take another decade to be completed.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 14:06   #19510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My favourite NICE road isn't safe at night I believe. So many robberies reported that they closed it at night for two-wheelers. I'd taken the Kanakapura road and it was jam packed due to the Mekedaatu Padayatra
Err.. Isn't the police supposed to ensure that there are fewer robberies than stop public from accessing the road?

What next? Drive on alternate days since there are more accidents on a particular road?
ValarMorghulis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 14:33   #19511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/90061764.cms

Looks like this flyover will take another decade to be completed.
Yep. Saw the news today morning. What a wonderfully convenient way to brush off any blame. I think the same vendor was also assigned for the Metro work on Bannerghatta road. Not sure what has happened in that case.
I had once mentioned that we will see the peripheral ring road in action before this Flyover. Seems BBMP is working towards granting this wish.
Old 8th March 2022, 15:30   #19512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The news highlights about Koramangala, but honestly this flyover is of more use to people of Indiranagar/ BTM going from one end to another (i.e. the BMTC Route 201). One had to not take the flyover to go anywhere in Koramangala.

They did patch up the 100 ft. road though, it is much better than a year ago.
mayukh42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 20:50   #19513
Senior - BHPian

Funny to read that due to a resort’s promotional offer on women’s day led to a 2 hour traffic jam on Bangalore - Mysore highway.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...ad-2427925.amp
Old 9th March 2022, 22:23   #19514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
The news highlights about Koramangala, but honestly this flyover is of more use to people of Indiranagar/ BTM going from one end to another (i.e. the BMTC Route 201). One had to not take the flyover to go anywhere in Koramangala.
Yeah Citizen Matters also highlights this very point (that it is not of much use to people of Koramangala)

https://mobile.twitter.com/citizenma...35855441166336

As for me - I go via Bellandur/Agara to areas south of 100 ft road in Koramangala, and Vivek Nagar/NGV to areas north. IRR is usually the last choice.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 11:25   #19515
Distinguished - BHPian

When driving down the Bellary Road to KIAL, be mindful that sometimes there are 2 interceptors. One is at the 'usual' place on top of the Chikkajala flyover and the other one is located opposite Decathlon.

People tend to speed up after the passing the first one.
itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks