Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2019, 10:59   #17221
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
One truck breakdown and it's bloodbath on the maps!
Attachment 1884139
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Just look at the chaos this lorry has created on the ORR and adjacent roads.
I was stuck here. Entered agara junction from 27th main(below the flyover) at 7:40AM & reached bellandur flyover at 8:35AM. That's almost an hour for a meager 5 kms stretch at such early hours

Along with usual menace what aggravates such gridlocks is this. If you notice the signal is red & it starts with a reading of 90 seconds IIRC. No car was ready to stop although it was red & that made the jam aggravate even further. And these are mostly private cars.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-inkedagara-jam_li.jpg

Only after the cops came in, some sanity was maintained.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-inkedimg_20190612_075114_li.jpg

Re-quoting myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Bangalore traffic issue is not just the lack of enough roads or too many vehicles. A BIG contributing factor is the lack of discipline and empathy among drivers. Not just cabbies but even the so-called-educated folks.

Last edited by SoumenD : 12th June 2019 at 11:15.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 11:17   #17222
Distinguished - BHPian

Bellary Road at KIAL/Sadahalli toll - Underpass construction to start.

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/69748023.cms

Better budget ~10 minutes extra for this. I also hope they will not let the project stretch for years like they did with that simple underpass near MVIT Road/A2B junction.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 16:10   #17223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
One truck breakdown and it's bloodbath on the maps!
Are we sure it was a breakdown and not an accident? I was there in the morning, bore the brunt of traffic even-though i was travelling in the opposite direction. I passed by the truck at 9:20 and i did see damages on right bumper in the front and some stones lying around from the divider. First thing that came to my mind was another day, another driver fallen asleep theory! It is not the drivers who fall asleep, it is the authorities who refuse to wake up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I was stuck here. Entered agara junction from 27th main(below the flyover) at 7:40AM & reached bellandur flyover at 8:35AM. That's almost an hour for a meager 5 kms stretch at such early hours
The result of the chaos (you experienced) caused under the Agara flyover, resulted in a pileup till Iblur flyover because of the vehicles clogging the entry and not allowing onward vehicles towards Silk Board to go through smoothly. This was the case at the next two intersections (Indian oil pump, Mantri Sarovar bus stop) as well. What is a 40 minute journey for me from Bellandur to ECity became a 1.5hr journey because of a single truck and that too not in my direction
Mukund is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 16:08   #17224
BHPian

Well, even espncricinfo is making fun of our traffic situation. Here is the comment from one of their commentator,
"10.58am The covers were briefly off for the time it takes for Bangalore's famous Silk Board signal (haven't heard? - world famous, shame on ya!) to turn from green to red. They're back on again. Booooooooo"
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 19:07   #17225
Senior - BHPian

Saw on Marathahalli ORR.

What survey they do? NHAI vehicle, so probably just passing by through the city.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20190613_175623984.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 10:42   #17226
BHPian

It is becoming nightmare for the people travelling to Manyata from KR Puram side. In the mornings (while coming to office), we have to suffer because of the fly over construction in front of Manyata and in the evening (while leaving) we have to go through the jam due to ‘white topping’ bhagya! The problem is, white topping saga is not going to end any time soon. After Hennur underpass, they still have Nagawara flyover, Banaswadi underpass, RM underpass and then Kasturi Nagar flyover!
Old 14th June 2019, 11:17   #17227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
After Hennur underpass, they still have Nagawara flyover, Banaswadi underpass, RM underpass and then Kasturi Nagar flyover!
Maybe a good time to take a sabbatical, travel around the country, and return in a year or so. Hopefully all the work is done by then
Old 14th June 2019, 11:25   #17228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Maybe a good time to take a sabbatical, travel around the country, and return in a year or so. Hopefully all the work is done by then
Seriously, every day it is becoming nightmare for me to commute to office. My long term plan (2029) is to relocate from Bangalore to Chitradurga. But if I can find a company who can pay me even 1/4th of what I am getting now, I am ready to relocate now itself
Old 14th June 2019, 11:38   #17229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Seriously, every day it is becoming nightmare for me to commute to office. My long term plan (2029) is to relocate from Bangalore to Chitradurga. But if I can find a company who can pay me even 1/4th of what I am getting now, I am ready to relocate now itself
Going offtopic, but seriously for guys like us, the only option is to start our own thing and grow it slowly in a low cost low risk environment. Doubt we will find anyone willing to employ our skills in such places for any kind of reasonable pay.

A friend of mine had enough of all this and last year moved out close to nelamangala, picked up a small amount of land and has turned farmer. Ofcourse he practiced for a few years with a terrace garden
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 11:44   #17230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My long term plan (2029) is to relocate from Bangalore to Chitradurga. But if I can find a company who can pay me even 1/4th of what I am getting now, I am ready to relocate now itself
By that time Chitradurga would have become like Bangalore

Govt really needs to think to de-congest Bangalore building high-speed transport to near-by towns. Density of Bangalore is ever-increasing.

Instead of building bullet train from Mumbai and Ahmedabad, if govt has built a 60 kms highspeed train to Tumkur, Kunigal, hosur, Chikballapur towns it would have been useful.
Old 14th June 2019, 11:55   #17231
BHPian

Quote:
A friend of mine had enough of all this and last year moved out close to nelamangala, picked up a small amount of land and has turned farmer. Ofcourse he practiced for a few years with a terrace garden
Even one of my friend at work did exactly the same. He had enough of this and finally decided to do farming near Mysooru. He comes from farming background and he already had a farm land, so it was easy for him. But, for people like me, who are not from farming background, it may not be easy to buy a farm land, am I right? And even otherwise, I have so many family commitments that I cannot think of quitting this job for at least 5 more years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
By that time Chitradurga would have become like Bangalore
I don’t think Chitradurga will ever become like Bangalore. Even if our government wakes up and tries to develop other cities, there are plenty of other cities (for example, Hubballi, Mangaluru, Belagavi, Davanagere, Shivamogga, Mysooru, etc) in the top of the list that I am damn sure Chitradurga will be at the bottom of their list. So, I am still banking on my retired life to be peaceful at Chitradurga
Old 14th June 2019, 12:11   #17232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But, for people like me, who are not from farming background, it may not be easy to buy a farm land, am I right? And even otherwise, I have so many family commitments that I cannot think of quitting this job for at least 5 more years!

:
Farming is just one option of many. Shouldn't get buttonholed with that. Ofcourse, its making the most news, good or bad.

I think the second point of family and monetary commitments are the bigger pain points.
Old 14th June 2019, 12:15   #17233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Farming is just one option of many. Shouldn't get buttonholed with that. Ofcourse, its making the most news, good or bad.

I think the second point of family and monetary commitments are the bigger pain points.
Till such time our kids start earning and we are done with our home loan, only then the talk of quitting the job and taking a sabbatical will work out.
Old 14th June 2019, 12:20   #17234
Distinguished - BHPian

More gridlock in CBD: Kamaraj Road to be closed (till 2023!) between Cubbon Road junction & MG Road (Cauvery Emporium).

Dreading MG Road, Cubbon road itself as well as both the Manipal Centre side and Anil Kumble (JDP) junctions.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/69780909.cms
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-kama-2.jpg  

Old 14th June 2019, 14:52   #17235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
[b]More gridlock in CBD: Kamaraj Road to be closed (till 2023!)
2023 in a parallel universe where this city's civic authorities actually care about keeping a schedule. Given how timely the Metro project has run, we may as well chalk that bit of road off the map permanently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks