Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2018, 13:02   #15781
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Tell me about it! !
This is indeed getting worst. 2 weeks ago, I started from Brigade Metropolis, took ORR thinking it would be okay. Big mistake. Till HSR, I never had the opportunity to slip into third. All the way either 2nd or 1st gear.
Usually in the evenings, my return from RMZ to HSR is relatively free, as compared to the opposite direction. This is now no longer the case. the IRR - Domlur, Sony Work junction, teachers; colony is not even an option!
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 13:22   #15782
Distinguished - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-305193596_5e0105ba07.jpg

Yes, yes, I too use my own transport, I too think the public transport infrastructure is not yet there for me to ditch my own vehicle. But this is the undeniable reality: traffic is bad because there are too many of us on the road.
am1m is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 13:50   #15783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
HSR to Ecospace is a bigger joke. Now a days traffic piles up right till the Mantri apartments opp to Agara Lake. Yesterday, traffic was very light from Jayadeva till Silkboard, but it was the usual crawling for 30 mins from Agara to Ecospace
Actually, entry & exit into Ecospace from either direction is a joke. Appears like most of them are getting their cars out to beat the rains. Somebody should create an elevated road over ORR for non-eco participants and let the eco-folks slug it out below the flyover.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 16:21   #15784
Senior - BHPian

Strange, this week Monday & Tuesday were clogged in front of Ecospace in the mornings. Wed, Thu & today, it was smooth. What changed?
Old 15th June 2018, 16:34   #15785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Strange, this week Monday & Tuesday were clogged in front of Ecospace in the mornings. Wed, Thu & today, it was smooth. What changed?
There was some work happening related to the water logging near the flyover near ecospace and there were some broken patches as well. I don`t know whether they were able to complete the work but they have done some patchwork at the beginning of the flyover. I think this might have resulted in easing a bit of traffic mess.
DragonHawk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 17:39   #15786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
What changed?
They have halfheartedly relaid road at start of Bellandur flyover on road towards direction of Silk-board. This has considerably eased up traffic.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 22:17   #15787
Senior - BHPian

Horse is no better than vehicles on Bengaluru roads - Frustrated with Bengaluru traffic, techie ditches bike for a horse on last day of work.

Quote:
Fed up with Bengaluru’s nightmarish traffic, Roopesh decided to get on his trusty steed instead. His 10km journey from his residence at Mathikere in Bengaluru to his office in Embassy Golf Links did take longer than his usual ride – just about seven hours, having started at 7am and reaching work at around 2pm. But Roopesh sure did make heads turn, even as he made a dramatic entrance on his last day in office.

Last edited by airbus : 15th June 2018 at 22:30.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 08:01   #15788
BHPian

Traffic Update

A BMTC has broken down near HSR Flyover, going towards Ecospace-Marathahalli.
This is the traffic situation around 7:40AM. Expect delays in your commute and plan for alternative routes if possible.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-hsr-traffic.jpg

And yes, Happy Monday !
drive2eternity is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 12:18   #15789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Traffic Update

A BMTC has broken down near HSR Flyover, going towards Ecospace-Marathahalli.
This is the traffic situation around 7:40AM. Expect delays in your commute and plan for alternative routes if possible.

And yes, Happy Monday !
Took me two hours today from JP Nagar 6th Phase to ecospace. Reached Agara lake around 9.00 am and traffic was piled up on the top of the flyover (the first flyover after silkboard). Had to crawl all the way till escospace. Did not notice the broken down bus, and not sure what else was causing the traffic to move so slowly.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 17:22   #15790
Senior - BHPian

Tumkur road was horribly stuck yesterday night and could see the traffic for atleast 10-15KM. I was fortunate enough to take the service road only to get stuck just before Parle G factory. Luckily found a diversion and hit Hesaraghatta road-Jalahalli-BEL circle. Though longer, I found this road really useful to avoid traffic.
Old 18th June 2018, 18:30   #15791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Tumkur road was horribly stuck yesterday night and could see the traffic for atleast 10-15KM. I was fortunate enough to take the service road only to get stuck just before Parle G factory. Luckily found a diversion and hit Hesaraghatta road-Jalahalli-BEL circle. Though longer, I found this road really useful to avoid traffic.
That must be Hesarghatta Road that you would reach taking left even before reaching the 8th Mile Junction an then turn right at Bagalgunte Signal, Pass Jalahalli Airforce station quarters, merge back to Jalahalli road and then take Gangamma Circle to reach BEL Circle.

I used to take this road few years before to avoid the mess both at 8th Mile junction as well as Jalahalli Cross and Aiyappa Temple. Few sections were narrow with drainage around and still HCVs taking it despite of banned entry but now things are better here than before.

As you said, its longer but a great savior during times like these .

Route Link

Last edited by paragsachania : 18th June 2018 at 18:33.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 18:43   #15792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Funny! I just came back via Tumkur Road and today there was no traffic at all.

That's Bangalore for you .
Old 18th June 2018, 19:25   #15793
Distinguished - BHPian

From 5PM the exit of NICE road towards Hosur was completely a mess. No idea what was the reason, but even trucks were exiting the from the wrong side(entry ramp). The jam was till the exit toll.
My company cabs take this entry ramp and today they had to go back to the main highway making some u turns and then take the NICE road from the other side.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180618wa0011.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20180618152158_maps.jpg
  1. You can do the unexpected
  2. Nothing is impossible
  3. Think out of the box
  4. Don't underestimate others
It's funny that these motivational/personal development quotes applies to our roads.
  1. You cannot even expect what might be waiting ahead.
  2. People can come from anywhere, climb medians, footpaths.
  3. People device so many ways to break rules and sometimes methods to escape from it.
  4. ever underestimate others, they are capable of creating a jam from nowhere.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 09:18   #15794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
From 5PM the exit of NICE road towards Hosur was completely a mess. No idea what was the reason, but even trucks were exiting the from the wrong side(entry ramp). The jam was till the exit toll.
My company cabs take this entry ramp and today they had to go back to the main highway making some u turns and then take the NICE road from the other side.

Attachment 1772734

Attachment 1772735
  1. You can do the unexpected
  2. Nothing is impossible
  3. Think out of the box
  4. Don't underestimate others
It's funny that these motivational/personal development quotes applies to our roads.
  1. You cannot even expect what might be waiting ahead.
  2. People can come from anywhere, climb medians, footpaths.
  3. People device so many ways to break rules and sometimes methods to escape from it.
  4. ever underestimate others, they are capable of creating a jam from nowhere.

Saw this while coming to office today. There was a big lorry accident in between Bannerghatta road and Hosur road in the EC to Peenya direction and blocking the road completely. Traffic was backed up for more than a couple of km.

As usual, enlightened souls are taking going the wrong-way all the way from EC toll to Bannerghatta toll.
Old 19th June 2018, 11:17   #15795
Distinguished - BHPian

Hebbal was choked today morning and hence decided to take Kodigehalli Main road - Dasarahalli road to work. Dasarahalli road has been patched up and has a decent layer of tarmac except for a small 50 m section. In Jan, this road was in shambles and now its a very good option to take if you want to avoid hebbal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks