Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2013, 21:27   #196
BHPian

Re: Need advice after Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post

The email I recieved was with a RED heading in bold that said reminder. He says, call me and pay up. No more emails.
So I am done.
PS: He sent me an invite on Linkedin though. I am still wondering why. I dont think I am going to endorse him.
Wonder why he sent you the linkedin invite, #funny I would say. B.T.W what's the latest update on this. He's still calling you, or has the whole thing being moved to the insurance companies.
Old 10th February 2013, 21:34   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
Wonder why he sent you the linkedin invite, #funny I would say. B.T.W what's the latest update on this. He's still calling you, or has the whole thing being moved to the insurance companies.
Yesterday morning I got 2 text messages from him.
One said and I quote: Dont just fool around in checking profile. just pay the money
The second one read: Sending person to your office to collect money just confirm

I did not bother to reply. No other calls/emails from him. Will keep you guys posted.
Old 11th February 2013, 12:44   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday morning I got 2 text messages from him.
One said and I quote: Dont just fool around in checking profile. just pay the money
The second one read: Sending person to your office to collect money just confirm

I did not bother to reply. No other calls/emails from him. Will keep you guys posted.
This is all pressure tactics.
Don't buckle to his pressure.
Could you please check whether you have the insurance policy number of his car. If you have it (even if you don't, you can use his car number) why don't you call his insurance company and ask for details about the payment they have made.
If his claims are incorrect call his bluff and don't even bother to answer him further.
If he still persists, file a harassment case against him. You already have email conversation and text messages, use it as evidence. This will shut him right up once and for all.

I have been in this situation and you can read about it here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2758457
Old 12th February 2013, 22:51   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
This is all pressure tactics.
Don't buckle to his pressure.
Could you please check whether you have the insurance policy number of his car. If you have it (even if you don't, you can use his car number) why don't you call his insurance company and ask for details about the payment they have made.
If his claims are incorrect call his bluff and don't even bother to answer him further.
If he still persists, file a harassment case against him. You already have email conversation and text messages, use it as evidence. This will shut him right up once and for all.

I have been in this situation and you can read about it here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2758457
Thanks speedmiester. I know. Seemed like sending the linkedin invite was a way to try and show me how he can find me. Or show me Look i can use a computer and google you.
No new developments for now. No calls,texts or emails.

PS: To the Liva guy: If you are reading this any how, you are still welcome to claim your damages from my insurance. If you still plan to ask me for the money, dont bother. You dont get a dime. Simply because you tried to overplay your hand. I am 23 and you atleast 10 years older. Dude, where did all the extra 10 years of wisdom go? People like you set a bad bad example.
Old 14th February 2013, 21:56   #200
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I've been a very ardent silent spectator in this group for a long time. This is my first post here and I'm posting this on behalf of my friend who was involved in a accident today.

A Short History:
My friend moved in recently from mumbai to bangs(galore) pun very well intended. He chose a pre-owned spark and on the very first day while travelling to office he crashed into a BMTC bus which severeved suddenly from the bust lane to the right side of the road. He managed to stike a compromise with the BMTC folks and managed to drive back home ( < 1 km)

The Damage:
The front headlight assembly is completly wrecked, Damages to the door panels and the left side of the bonnet.

The Problem:
Since my friend just purchased the vehicle, the RC book is not yet transferred in his name. The dealer (True Value) says it will take about a month to get this transferred, post which repairs can be started.

Secondly, since an FIR was not lodged fearing our famed judicial effeciency, he is planning to alter his statement to report that he really ran into a tree or something solid to have done this damage.

My 2c to him:
Forget about insurance as it will be easier to get it repaired out of pocket rather than go through the insurance.

Help Required:
Fellow bhp-ians, kindly suggest good body shop/garages in Bangalore nearby whitefield area.
Old 14th February 2013, 22:42   #201
BHPian

My 10 paise on fibbing about nature of accident:
1. Insurance inspectors / surveyors are not naive. It's their profession, so they have knowledge behind them. So it will be difficult to lie your way.
2. Hitting a tree would most probably be infered as solely your (your friend's) fault. Some insurance companies may not be considerate in such a case.
Old 15th February 2013, 00:50   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post

Secondly, since an FIR was not lodged fearing our famed judicial effeciency, he is planning to alter his statement to report that he really ran into a tree or something solid to have done this damage.
You only need FIR if there is injury to someone. I've claimed insurance without it no hassles and no need to lie.
Old 15th February 2013, 15:32   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
My 10 paise on fibbing about nature of accident:
1. Insurance inspectors / surveyors are not naive. It's their profession, so they have knowledge behind them. So it will be difficult to lie your way.
2. Hitting a tree would most probably be infered as solely your (your friend's) fault. Some insurance companies may not be considerate in such a case.
Hi,
Thanks for the advice, however since the damage is majority to fiber/glass parts the insurance will not cover this fully. Need help in knowing any reliable garage where he can take it for estimates and then decide on the course of action.

To go the insurance route, he has to wait for a couple of weeks as teh RC transfer is in progress, hence it will be better if he can evaluate the possibility of doing it out of pocket.
Old 15th February 2013, 17:25   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow bhp-ians, kindly suggest good body shop/garages in Bangalore nearby whitefield area.
Hi, There is no hassles and you can claim insurance through your insurance company. Get it done through the service center, these guys bloat up the claim but help you get the money through insurance.

I got it done twice for my old car.

In your case the catch is on the transfer of ownership. suggest you check with the one of the service center and see what they have to say.
PC77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 00:23   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
...2. Hitting a tree would most probably be infered as solely your (your friend's) fault. Some insurance companies may not be considerate in such a case.
So what?? If I hit a tree or a dog or even it's my fault, why do they deny insurance? It IS an accident and they have to honor the liability based on their rules & regulations (depreciations and half-cover for non-metal and all)!

And most of the dealers have a very good personal rapport with certain companies. If you have an insurance from such a brand, it's easier to get the claim done and the SAs can extract more than what we can do in person.

Quote:
...Secondly, since an FIR was not lodged fearing our famed judicial effeciency, he is planning to alter his statement to report that he really ran into a tree or something solid to have done this damage.
That's fine. But please consult with the A$$ he goes to. There could be certain evidences which might work against your friend's claims. Especially if there is paint from the other vehicle at the point of contact.

Quote:
My 2c to him:
Forget about insurance as it will be easier to get it repaired out of pocket rather than go through the insurance....
Do a detailed assessment. Check if he actually has NCB on his insurance. Otherwise it would NOT make sense to pay from his pocket.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th February 2013 at 00:25.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 00:51   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Could anyone tell me how does the claim on another one's insurance works?

That is, A & B got into an accident.
B acknowledged it's his / her mistake and requested A to claim insurance from B itself

What is the procedure for this? In my case, we have 2 cars at home (3rd one might be added) and we could reserve one of the insurances to be the scape goat () and do all claims on it for all the cars and save on the NCB for other ones.

One of the cars at home has numerous hits and it HAS to go thru an insurance claim. I am thinking the problems on my car too could be addressed using the claims on car 1.
Old 24th February 2013, 16:26   #207
BHPian

Quote:
No new developments for now. No calls,texts or emails.
Hey Akshay, Wanted to check up on how this issue panned out finally.

Last edited by bblost : 24th February 2013 at 21:40. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 24th February 2013, 17:59   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
Hey Akshay, Wanted to check up on how this issue panned out finally.
That was the end of it. Never heard from him again.
Old 24th February 2013, 21:38   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could anyone tell me how does the claim on another one's insurance works?

That is, A & B got into an accident.
B acknowledged it's his / her mistake and requested A to claim insurance from B itself
Its called third party insurance. When vehicle A hits vehicle B, then both parties are supposed to claim damages from their respective insurance. Thats why insurance is mandatory and exists in the first place. If one feels like claiming damages from the other's insurance, it involves a tedious legal process, where in the insurance tribunal is to be invoked, the damaged vehicle left in police custody to be examined, FIR filed, all this takes several months, if not years, so most people dont bother claiming third party.

However third party insurance is useful to pay of accident victims. This money is used to settle hospital bills, expenses or even death claims.

Fact of the matter is, no matter whose fault, one should always claim insurance. If one fights and forces the other to pay money, then he/she can be charged and jailed under extortion cases.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 21:47   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
...Fact of the matter is, no matter whose fault, one should always claim insurance...
Thank You!

One more question : Once my car was hit while parked in the A$$ (another car was taken out of the service bay by a mechanic & seemed like brakes got jammed; turned and ended up hitting my car).

I did the claim on my insurance and got the difference of NCB from the A$$.

While talking to my manager later, he said the A$$ should have some kind of insurance and I should / need NOT have claimed my insurance. Any details on this?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th February 2013 at 21:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks