Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2005, 01:46   #1
BHPian

Accident

Banged zen ---- feeling really bad

Hi guys - i am feeling really bad writing this about my car after what happened today evening ---
a great indian biker or racer i should say ( the PUNEITE species - most dangerous !!!), banged head-on to my zen while i was entering my building - -- i just could not believe the way he zoomed on to me - he himself told me - " gaadi 60 pe thi yaar - kaise control karta ? " --- *** ??? who drives a boxer at 60 ?? and that too right in the middle of the city ??
Guess what - i got some major repairs done to the car in last week ( to be specific - she was worked upon till yesterday afternoon) and i had received it at 1.00 PM today.
The biker got away with a bit torn jeans, a small dent - about 3 X 3 cms and thats all.
Damage to my car :
1. front bumper - fitted brand new in last week, completely torn
apart.
2. cross member on which bumper sits, is bent inwards - hence will
require removal of radiator.
3. right headlamp shattered to smallest bits.
4. Radiator damaged to small extent but will require replacement

Lessons to learn :
1. never ever cut across any biker -- they own the road
2. never ever cut across any puneite biker - they are the only
owners of the road
3. boxer is uncontrollable at 60kph -- mr banger if you read this-
this lesson is for you.

@mumbai members -- please come to pune city - the core area( tilak road, laxmi road etc. etc.), once for a meet. you will surely get to see some exceptional riding skills by 2 wheelers, autowalas ( riksha-walas as they are known in pune) and most important of all cyclists --- because after this incident happened, i was unable to move my car out of the road due to the hanging front bumper, one cyclist found his way through the gap of around 60 cms between my car and the gate of building. - now thats what i call riding.
Old 20th July 2005, 01:54   #2
BHPian

Hey HK,
I am feeling really bad about your car ... Man same thing happened to my Accent a month back .. Just got her back from the service station all Chaka Chak .. repairing all the dents and scratches that the car went thru for 2 years .. 3 days later a bus driver who wanting to go straight all of a sudden decides to go left and pushes my car which is stationery into a traffic signal post ... Cracking both the headlights .. Front Bumper broken ... Both side front fenders dented beyond repair .. Suspension and lower arm completely damaged .. It was like the bus was crushing the car with all its might .. Felt like we were in a car salvage crusher ...So i know exactly what u going thru..

Anyways I am glad that you are not hurt the least and cars can always be repaired ...
Old 20th July 2005, 10:03   #3
BHPian

@hkanitkar - Sorry to hear about your Zen. I hope you recovered the 'kharcha-pani' from the biker. Unless they are penalised in some form, they will never learn.
Old 20th July 2005, 10:15   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry93
@hkanitkar - Sorry to hear about your Zen. I hope you recovered the 'kharcha-pani' from the biker. Unless they are penalised in some form, they will never learn.
I don't think that the biker would have paid anything. People tell others to claim the insurance money even if the accident was because of their fault.
Old 20th July 2005, 10:32   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hey hkanitkar... sorry to hear about that... my Zen has been a victim of hit and run by bikers a lot of times... those impatient holes who just want to be first at everything including traffic signals just brushed my bumpers off on a number of occassions...
The best being simultaneous two hits on the rear bumper at the same signal... the first one was a Bajaj M80 with a side dicky which hit the rear right side and just screwed the paint and shape of the rear right and escaped at full throttle... before I could even get out of the car to see what happened another biker scrapes off the left with his crash guard on my bumper..
Didn't find it worth wasting time to even ask them whether they know how to ride so have been carrying the wounds until I can get a few more scratches until I get it repainted...

BTW Pune guys how about appointing a painter and giving him AMC for repainting bumpers for our cars?? LOL he will buy a Merc in a year...
Old 20th July 2005, 11:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar
he himself told me - " gaadi 60 pe thi yaar - kaise control karta ? " --- *** ??? .....one cyclist found his way through the gap of around 60 cms between my car and the gate of building. - now thats what i call riding.
Gawdm ... WTF? This takes the cake.
Old 20th July 2005, 12:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gaadi 60 pe thi yaar - kaise control karta ?

you should have wacked him and said"deemag kharab kiya toone,kaise control kartha????"
Old 20th July 2005, 13:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Very shocking to hear that nothing serious happened to the biker. Compared to the damages done to your car, the bike should've been in a mess too. Anyways, no one injured critically except your poor car. You should claim compensation from the biker, seriously. If there was absolutely no fault of yours, then you should be collecting some compensation from the biker.

Gordon

P.S. Wasn't he thrown off the bike??!?

Last edited by Gordon : 20th July 2005 at 13:06.
Old 20th July 2005, 13:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

When things go wrong they really go wrong. Feel bad for your Zen man. It really hurts when your car gets damaged. I totally agree with you on the Pune part. Though I stay in Mumbai, I have a place in Pune which I visit at times but thats at Pashan. I do drive in Pune when I'm there and I know what Tilak Road Laxmi Road are like. Man they suck. Damn once I went through a proper green light on Ganeshkhind road and this biker jumped the red light and came right in from of my car. I braked hard and thats what saved him. Damn even the Pune pandus are least concerned about driving dicipline.

Dippy
Old 20th July 2005, 14:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey hkanitkar sorry bout your car man

but i have one question
WHY DID YOU LET HIM GO ?
atleast should have slapped him real hard (give reason said by speedsatya)
or else try acting like you will be taking him to police station (best thing will be to file a complaint against him & force him to pay under any condition) & first thing get hold of his keys & make sure your keys are with you

if he can't control his vechical then he doesn't deserve to have a liecence (half of the pune doesn't)

hope you'll get your zen repaired

if we take mumbai members to tilak road, laxmi road they'll probably ban pune meet topics
Old 20th July 2005, 23:14   #11
BHPian

here's a pic :

i almost slapped that guy but my dad stepped in and i had to stop.

@gordon - he skidded onto my car - bollywood ishtyle - thats why he didn't get thrown off.

BTW mechanic has given me estimate of about 10k - that includes the radiator. i guess its a fair. most probably i will be selling her off in a months time - planning to buy one more corsa - any suggestions ???
Old 20th July 2005, 23:35   #12
Team-BHP Support

Definately looks to me that the Boxer was at a higher speed than mentioned...BTW what speed were you at...!
10k seems a fair estimate for the damage caused! If you are planning to sell her off I will suggest dont REPLACE but REPAIR the radiator as it will reduce the price involved considerably....its not a tedious task if the damage is not too high to the radiator...!
Old 20th July 2005, 23:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

thats pretty bad
hope you'll get it fixed soon

Quote:
planning to buy one more corsa - any suggestions ???
yeah

GO FOR IT
Old 20th July 2005, 23:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

sorry to hear about the zen dude....
...that guy deserved good beating ..neways parents have a habit of stepping in at the wrong moment...

Quote:
planning to buy one more corsa - any suggestions ???
yeap... do the right thing!! 1.4 is a great buy dude...
Old 20th July 2005, 23:55   #15
BHPian

yup - thats what i am telling my dad - lets just go for it - she's a beauty

@moralfibre- i am not yet sure about selling her off but still what you suggest sounds good - radiator got bent inwards just a little so getting it repaired would be the best option.

one more thing guys - i heard opel is discontinuing corsa in about 3-4 months - any idea about that ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks