Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 18:08   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

In Jayanagar 4th Block, one sure-shot place and having perfect rain protection and security (comparitively) is the Puttanna Theater basement parking. Its worth the Rs 20 bucks they charge, and parking place is always available there.
Old 10th September 2009, 18:33   #17
BHPian

cunningham road.. u can park in the road parallel to it. the enterance to it is from mission road.. take a left.. go straight, it is a winding road to the left and u have parking plenty there.

lavelle road - near coffee day .. take the bad road parallel to the lavelle road and mostly u get the parking there(in the circle right turn). near mocha.. a few side road(left turns) u get parking there.

MTR/lalbagh.. just before the lalbagh circle(opp MTR) there is a vacant plot.. u can park there for 20 Rs i think.

Shivananda circle - behind shivananda stores, there is a vacant plot. u can park for 5 or 10 Rs.

Malleshwaram - you are damn lucky if get a parking place anywhere :-)
Old 10th September 2009, 19:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post

MTR/lalbagh.. just before the lalbagh circle(opp MTR) there is a vacant plot.. u can park there for 20 Rs i think.
That Vacant Plot is now a used car show room
Old 11th September 2009, 09:26   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
There is a plot/bunglow opposite to it and you can use that for parking. I have used it a couple of times for Rs 10/-.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
i guess the one you are referring to is the one on the left side of the road. the parking spot in on the right side just before the petrol bunk. its got a gate and a security guy is always there. I park there all the time.
Once a cop chased people away and didn't let anyone park inside that plot coz the entrance was creating a jam. thats the only time i parked in the multi storeyed parking lot on jc road and walked all the way back to MTR. there was a wait list in MTR and that waiting time was the parking time for me.!!
Old 11th September 2009, 09:46   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
cunningham road.. u can park in the road parallel to it. the enterance to it is from mission road.. take a left.. go straight, it is a winding road to the left and u have parking plenty there.
Mission road near cunningham road??? Mission road is 5kms away from Cunningham road!!!
Old 11th September 2009, 10:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Btw i havent spotted a "no parking" board on lane, i mean one towards KR puram. yea the road towards innovative has the board and also not the right place to park looking at the size of the road.
Hehehe!! Once I parked my car in ORR opposite to Staples and the police promptly put a sticker for 100 Rs to be paid at the airport police counter. I went there and told the cop that I did not see any "No Parking Board" and hence I parked. The SI asked me with a wicked smile, did you see a "Parking" board? And said, if you dont see a Parking board, by default it is no parking. How about that?

I have used innovative parking often, and there is another paid parking a little beyond. At Marathahalli I always use these two. On the other side of the road, by Ristorante Italia, there is another paid parking.

Nainar
Old 11th September 2009, 10:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

lolz am just trying to imagine what would i have done if the cop had shot that que at me anyways now i will have to be careful of this place and park at only places where there is parking board. now that makes life more difficult heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Hehehe!! Once I parked my car in ORR opposite to Staples and the police promptly put a sticker for 100 Rs to be paid at the airport police counter. I went there and told the cop that I did not see any "No Parking Board" and hence I parked. The SI asked me with a wicked smile, did you see a "Parking" board? And said, if you dont see a Parking board, by default it is no parking. How about that?

I have used innovative parking often, and there is another paid parking a little beyond. At Marathahalli I always use these two. On the other side of the road, by Ristorante Italia, there is another paid parking.

Nainar

Last edited by lohithrao : 11th September 2009 at 10:30.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
In Jayanagar 4th Block, one sure-shot place and having perfect rain protection and security
Commercial complex parking. Once you down, you wish you hadn't.
But, no bad experiences yet. Badly maintained, spooky and tough on weekends.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
While this is a good idea at times, you cannot exactly rely on this service road for parking. I have seen multiple occassions when cops are seen writing traffic offences to those who have parked their vehicles here. While you may have been lucky all these times, one cannot really be too sure. Bikes are a very likely candidate to be towed. On the rare occassion i have also seen a car being towed. Needless to say, the treatment to the vehicles makes you cringe.

* An option i would suggest in this area is the paid parking provided by Innovative multiplex. You would be slightly more assured that your car would be relatively more safer.
* Another option would be the parking provided beside the Yo! China outlet. Rate : Rs.20/- per hour, i suppose.
In Marathhally I always park inside Brand Factory . Never had parking problem there even on weekends - must be because I always reach there by 3:30 before the crowds start.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Mission road near cunningham road??? Mission road is 5kms away from Cunningham road!!!
sorry miller's road.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:03   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
In Marathhally I always park inside Brand Factory . Never had parking problem there even on weekends - must be because I always reach there by 3:30 before the crowds start.
Parking in Brand Factory costs you Rs.50/- if i am right. The good part is that it is redeemable against purchase.

If you are looking for parking where the parking fee is redeemable against purchase, the other option would be in the Home Town basement parking. Cost is Rs.50/-.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:08   #28
BHPian

Where to park in Bangalore ???? .... well the quickest answer that came to mind is on weekends at home...and on working days in your office parking lot

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further

Last edited by Dippy : 11th September 2009 at 11:50. Reason: See note in post
Old 11th September 2009, 11:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great thread. In marthahalli I use brand factory parking. the basement is cool. costs money but is refundable on purchases from the shop. also you can keep the car there and check out all the other shops close by.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
In marthahalli I use brand factory parking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
In Marathhally I always park inside Brand Factory
Only problem with Brand Factory parking is that if their basement is full, then they park vehicles somewhere outside the premises, for which they take the car out on the road, go down the road, take a u-turn, come back and take a right turn next to the building. They park somewhere there. I dont like the idea of my car being driven on the roads of Bangalore by a valet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks