Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How often do you get challan'ed?
Never been challan'ed! I'm too good a driver 25 21.93%
Rarely/less than once a year. I'm super-careful driver 61 53.51%
Once a year on average. I'm a careful driver 18 15.79%
Twice a year on average. I drive well, but sometimes... 8 7.02%
Thrice a year on average. Mistakes happen... 1 0.88%
More than thrice a year. The cops are biased... 1 0.88%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2014, 14:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: How often do you get challan'ed? And why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Got wrongfully challaned today by SI Mahipal Singh (D-2862)
Buy a dashboard cam, the fun of proving you are right is priceless.

Pramod
Old 7th April 2014, 16:42   #62
BHPian

I have been fined only for over speeding, which has happened several times. I have paid fine around 5 or 6 times on highways where the interceptor got me at speeds around 90 to 110 km/hr. But mostly it was on a straight stretch where most of us would speed up. In kerala most of the police interceptors are in such places where you're sure to pick speed, unless you're an extremely speed cautious driver.

One frustrating experience occurred when my father was caught over speeding at 71 km/hr where the speed limit was 70 km/hr. We tried to explain that it is not possible to drive looking at the speedometer, but it was of no use. He had to pay the fine.

Another experience was at cochin, where the police officer was going to fine me for sun control film. It was my skoda octavia and it has a green tinted glass. No matter how much I explained he wouldn't admit the fact that it had a tinted glass, we had to argue quite sometime until I asked him to tear of the sun film, which he couldn't do and he was convinced that there was no film on the glass. But still he fined me and several other vehicles near by for parking at a NO PARKING area.
Old 8th April 2014, 17:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: How often do you get challan'ed? And why?

I've got challaned twice in my 6-7 years of car driving. I drive around 18-20k kms every year.

1. Parking in a 'No parking' zone. I parked roadside because there was no parking in the mall that I had gone to, only to realize that I parked in front of Saket court instead. The challan was pasted on my front windscreen when I came back. There was no 'No Parking' sign where I had parked but I couldn't really do anything. Went to the RK Puram police station and paid the 100 rupee fine .
2. Took a U-turn where I was not supposed to. My wife was running late for a business meeting so I thought why not save some time. I did save 2 mins and paid 100 rupees for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks