Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2009, 10:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible for you to post the TOI link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
As far as I know, the HC has conformed that that out of state vehicles does not need to pay any tax and if they have paid the tax it should be returned back, this came in TOI for karnataka
Old 24th August 2009, 15:38   #32
BHPian

I have driven my KA registered vehicle in Goa,Chennai,Hyderabad, Pune, Nagercoil, Kerala, Ooty, Coimbatore etc and not even once was penalised. In Hyderabad, twice I was stopped, but when I produced the papers they let me go. Probably because my Driving license is from Bangalore and the car is also registered in Bangalore in my name. So, that puts to rest any of the claims that I am using the vehicle in other states.

I keep commuting between Pune/Bangalore often and every time I visit Pune, I stay for a week or so.I keep the toll receipts as if they are my lifeline to avoid such harassment.

So, if you are planning to commute between Hyderabad/Bangalore and want to drive a KA registered vehicle, dont change your license address. Keep the car registered in Bangalore and with the toll receipts you can manage. There is a toll gate in Kurnool - Hyderabad and that should serve as a proof that you are visiting.

Nainar
Old 25th November 2009, 14:18   #33

They say India is one single country. But when we go from one state to another, these cops behave as if we are from enemy nation.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:33   #34
BHPian

You should be getting a refund from the place of your earlier registration. Please check that.
If you are transferred across 3 states in 6 yrs, you can't keep on paying tax in every state. There is a provision for refund from earlier state if you have paid in another state.
Old 25th November 2009, 18:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
As far as I know, the HC has conformed that that out of state vehicles does not need to pay any tax and if they have paid the tax it should be returned back, this came in TOI for karnataka
That High Court judgment pertains to entry tax on new vehicles & not road tax.

Last edited by rishab.k : 25th November 2009 at 18:04.
Old 25th November 2009, 20:24   #36
BHPian

Notification issued by TR&B (Tr.II) Department, Andhra Pradesh Government vide G.O.Ms.No224, dated 10.11.1993, gives the following exemption:

NOTIFICATION:

In exercise of the powers conferred by Sub-Section(!) of Section 9 of the Andhra Pradesh Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1963 (Act 5 of 1963), the Governor of Andhra Pradesh orders that in respect of Motor Cars and Motor Cycles owned by Central Government officers and used for their own private use only and registered in other states and being being brought on the rolls of Andhra Pradesh State on transfer of the Personnel :

(i) no tax be paid in cases where life tax has already been paid in other states.

(ii) tax shall be levied annually in cases where no life tax was paid in other States, after the expiry of the validity of the tax already paid in other States.
Old 25th November 2009, 21:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspv View Post
Notification issued by TR&B (Tr.II) Department, Andhra Pradesh Government vide G.O.Ms.No224, dated 10.11.1993, gives the following exemption:

NOTIFICATION:

In exercise of the powers conferred by Sub-Section(!) of Section 9 of the Andhra Pradesh Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1963 (Act 5 of 1963), the Governor of Andhra Pradesh orders that in respect of Motor Cars and Motor Cycles owned by Central Government officers and used for their own private use only and registered in other states and being being brought on the rolls of Andhra Pradesh State on transfer of the Personnel :

(i) no tax be paid in cases where life tax has already been paid in other states.

(ii) tax shall be levied annually in cases where no life tax was paid in other States, after the expiry of the validity of the tax already paid in other States.
Now that is good news. But I wonder whether the RTO guys are aware about this or not.

P.S: Any idea where can I download this GO?

Last edited by MileCruncher : 25th November 2009 at 21:09.
Old 25th November 2009, 21:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Shouldn't there be some uniformity of rules - how about those employed in private companies and having transferable jobs ?
Old 25th November 2009, 21:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Shouldn't there be some uniformity of rules - how about those employed in private companies and having transferable jobs ?
Please remember the rules are made by Government servants, so the first thing that they do is try to save themselves. Others can take a hike. Hence this rule.
Old 22nd February 2019, 06:19   #40
BHPian

re: Vehicle seized - Hyderabad (Road Tax)

For how long can I keep an out of state registered car in Hyderabad?
Answers on net varies from 1 month to 12 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks