Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 08:31   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Thank you. I also know that there are some of you who are reading and holding their comments till the story is over. The story is over, your comments are now welcome.

And for those of you that think I should write a book someday, I smile, nod and send you my love. Thank you for the encouragement. Maybe I will write a book someday. Who knows, you may the only guys who actually buy my book, lol.
Exceptional story-telling!

You know your readers well. Yes you should write a book!
I have at least five friends who are not on T-BHP who will buy your book!
I may be able to convince a few more, LOL.
Old 11th March 2009, 20:51   #152
BHPian

excellent writing skills. always love reading your blogs.But somehow i always miss them when they being written and i am saved from all the nail biting waiting for your next post.
Keep writing about these " look back and laugh" experiences.

Write a book -Memoirs of a Yeti

Last edited by paras211 : 11th March 2009 at 20:54.
Old 12th March 2009, 03:08   #153
Senior - BHPian

KPBhatt - That was howlarious especially the Sunny paaji imagery! Methinks you've been watching too many '80s Bollywood movies!
Old 12th March 2009, 04:17   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why was I not allowed into the police car with my father?

Gentle explained that the policeman told her that the police car is insured and so are the occupants inside, if they have reason to be inside. This means that the 2 policemen and my criminal (my Dad) were covered by the insurance. However I had no legal reason to be in that car - so they simply could not take me.
Some people think that Indians adopted the British knack of mindless self-defeating bureaucracy and honed it to a fine art never to be surpassed. But, you see, the Germans can compete with anyone in the world on that score.

Last edited by DirtyDan : 12th March 2009 at 04:19.
Old 12th March 2009, 08:01   #155
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Some people think that Indians adopted the British knack of mindless self-defeating bureaucracy and honed it to a fine art never to be surpassed. But, you see, the Germans can compete with anyone in the world on that score.
This incident with Sam was many years ago, India has continued to make great strides in the advancement of bureaucracy, while germany and the rest of the world have stagnated or even gone backwards.
India FTW! Now, I'll get that in triplicate after obtaining a challan and getting it attested by a gazetted officer.
Germans can compete, but the crown will always be ours! We have title deeds for the same.

Old 12th March 2009, 09:05   #156
BHPian

Write the book

How many books do one have to sell to make it a bestseller?

T-BHP has now close to 40k members, so we T-BHPians only can pretty much consume a large part of the sales, HAPPILY! Not to mention the word-of-mouth publicity and stuff like that

I promise to buy 5 copies atleast, provided one is personally autographed by Sam himself!

Sam: Bring it on!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 12th March 2009, 09:13   #157
ECM
BHPian

Somehow I missed this story don't know how,before I write further let me say straight to Rush that Sam is takeing level of Distinguished club higher and higher each day hence make him platinum member or create a new catagory for him which is above Distinguished catogory.Most of us love his style of expressing,telling his stories in a unique way etc..
Ok Sam someone wrote that this story is capable to turn into a hindi film and I like that idea.
If you agree my script is ready but only after getting a green signal from you.
I really enjoyed this episode.
Old 12th March 2009, 11:38   #158
BHPian

Do you have all these blogs stored somewhere on a hard disk (apart from our TBHP servers?). If not, you better do it. People would pay money to get all your blogs in a pdf format or better still as a paperback.
Old 12th March 2009, 11:43   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

I cannot thank you guys enough for enjoying my stories. It is one of the greatest pleasures of my life to read your appreciation. I am a simple open man and I have no qualms in admitting that I read your appreciation with great glee. It is my only reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Do you have all these blogs stored somewhere on a hard disk (apart from our TBHP servers?). If not, you better do it. People would pay money to get all your blogs in a pdf format or better still as a paperback.
No I don't. But I wonder how interesting the stories would be without pictures... Besides I have no patience to assimilate all I have written. One good thing is that it is all on Team-BHP.

I'll admit. I'd love to write books, even publish the short stories I've written here so far. Even if a few books sell, that would make it very interesting.
But I write stories that are memoirs. I do not write fiction (though I could)

I have no courage to send it out to a publisher. I have no idea what to do with them. I have no idea how to handle a rejected manuscript.

So here's an open offer. All those who think I should publish.. does anyone want to be my manager? I am quite serious.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 12th March 2009 at 11:47.
Old 12th March 2009, 12:14   #160
Senior - BHPian

If you bring them out as books, I'd buy 'em all. Probably many times.
Old 12th March 2009, 12:21   #161
Senior - BHPian

good write up. I thought there were rules for everything in Germany. Good that you were safe. who paid for the lawer?? may be the insurer??
Old 12th March 2009, 12:33   #162
BHPian

Quote:
I have no courage to send it out to a publisher. I have no idea what to do with them. I have no idea how to handle a rejected manuscript.
The Training VP of the organization that I work at had a similar problem. He is into HR training and wanted to write a book since a long time but somehow he kept on having similar kind of fears (if i may call it so). He finally ended up creating a simple website having a collection of his editorials and sent out the link to people who were interested in him writing a book. He himself advertised it by adding the URL as a signature in his mails too. Even though our TBHP is serving a similar purpose, the idea is for the interested reader to read the stories in an assimilated format. Believe me, your stories are worth preserving. When time permits, I am going to assimilate them for my own personal reading. I am sure that many of my non-TBHP friends would also appreciate it and would be interested in reading it.

I am surprised about your apprehension of the lack of pictures making the story less interesting. Yes, it'd be true for some of your travelogues, and a pdf would definitely allow you to add pictures too.

A heartfelt thank you for continuing to regale us with your memoirs.
Old 12th March 2009, 13:21   #163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, I'm trying to work in office!
Sam, I'll do your work, Just write.

The work you do is pleasure for me anyways.

Quote:
He raises his hand slightly and my Dad shuts up.
Did you thank that man?

Quote:
You guys are really incredible. I've never been forced to write faster before but this time you really pushed me hard.
I guess you are the only TBHPian with a fan club!

Quote:
I was so angry with the Germans for making us go through all that nonsense that one day, amny years later I stole one of their best women and took her away to India.
Make Sam angry and he marries you! Talk about 'Gandhi-giri'.

Quote:
No. I don't know her name and I never made any contact, never had any contact details.
Liar!

Quote:
Guys! This was 13 years ago! TheOne® was still in school!! How could she be a radio jockey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
[i]You asked for it. Here is the alternate ending:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
KPBhatt - That was howlarious especially the Sunny paaji imagery! Methinks you've been watching too many '80s Bollywood movies!
NC, where are you. You got followers!
Old 12th March 2009, 14:24   #164
ECM
BHPian

Navin he is popular coz he is not a moderator haha.
Quote:
I guess you are the only TBHPian with a fan club!
Old 12th March 2009, 14:36   #165
BHPian

Do you want to Publish or Do you want your Work to get Published?

Quote:
So here's an open offer. All those who think I should publish.. does anyone want to be my manager? I am quite serious.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks