Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 11:49   #31
PVS
BHPian

RTC 'X" roads is a pain to negotiate, mostly during the peak hours. Buses coming from Shankar Mutt side and headed towards Musheerabad side, tend to occupy the left most most lane, obstructing the free left towards Chikkadapalli side. And once the signal turns green, they move completely to the right, holding up traffic proceeding straight towards Indira garden side. A real pain!!
Old 25th February 2009, 12:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
RTC 'X" roads is a pain to negotiate, mostly during the peak hours. Buses coming from Shankar Mutt side and headed towards Musheerabad side, tend to occupy the left most most lane, obstructing the free left towards Chikkadapalli side. And once the signal turns green, they move completely to the right, holding up traffic proceeding straight towards Indira garden side. A real pain!!
That's one reason I avoid going to RTC 'X' roads or towards Secunderabad side due to the narrow roads and heavy traffic!
Old 2nd March 2009, 23:50   #33
BHPian

i make it a point to drive slowly when i see an Orange light at signals and block the road until green for the madly honking traffic behind me....i also make it a point to slow down for people crossing roads only to irritate honkers behind me. no danger of getting rear ended coz i dont drive fast to brake suddenly.

try it, its fun!

sometimes i wish i could install a loud horn facing backwards in the rear to blow at people honking behind me.

about on coming vehicles not dipping the light at night, two wheeler riders can try to turn their rear view mirror to face the on coming traffic. i used to do that years ago when I had a bike. the vehicles coming towards me more often that not used to dip the headlights at once when they caught their own high beam on themselves. i am tempted to install something similar in my car.
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
about on coming vehicles not dipping the light at night, two wheeler riders can try to turn their rear view mirror to face the on coming traffic. ......
Now that is what is known as giving a taste of his / her medicine. Shall try this tonight, only issue is, I will not be able to use the side rear view mirrors for the sake they are.
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Now that is what is known as giving a taste of his / her medicine. Shall try this tonight, only issue is, I will not be able to use the side rear view mirrors for the sake they are.
You guys have rear view mirrors on your bikes? Welcome to the Non-Hyderabadi riding ishtyle club! (I too have them)
The regular Hyderabadi two-wheelers remove their rear view mirrors at the showroom or have them turned and twisted to face the rider so that they can see the wind in their hairs!
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i make it a point to drive slowly when i see an Orange light at signals and block the road until green for the madly honking traffic behind me....i also make it a point to slow down for people crossing roads only to irritate honkers behind me. no danger of getting rear ended coz i dont drive fast to brake suddenly.

try it, its fun!

sometimes i wish i could install a loud horn facing backwards in the rear to blow at people honking behind me.
tried that do that every time. huge fun other than blowing BOVs just close to bikers..ha ha..
Old 6th March 2009, 11:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Around 10 minutes back, while driving to office via durgam cheruvu, I see a Scooty & an Active (both were female riders) in front of me, climbing slowly on the uphill behind iLabs. The scooty was on the left most side and the activa on the right most side of the lane. The activa tries to takes an illegal turn to enter VIT Park and then I realize the scooty is with the activa and without checking for vehicles behind her, she cuts across to join the activa.

Luckily, I managed to brake just in time, Had it been a speeding cab the scooty girl would have been flying off to heaven!

They were finally chased away by the security guard to go and take a U turn ahead!
Old 6th March 2009, 15:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Make sure Himanshu, getsurya or I am not behind you!

Quote:

try it, its fun!
Stop if you want to. I make it across before the light goes red . Unless you want me flying over you at well over a 100 you better make way. The others mentioned too have huge, heavy tanks so you'd better make way for them and oh yeah - road-rollers too!

Cheers
Old 6th March 2009, 16:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anand, You are trying a practice out of good faith. Only problem is if faith is not understood by your tailers??

Ravvendra has rightly pointed out that! So before you control the traffic behind you, please ensure that you are in safe distance! I am sure you do it the right way
Old 6th March 2009, 16:30   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

If i find someone slowing down in front of me with empty roads ahead of him. I make sure to overtake him ( even if it means i take the road that i am not meant to go in the first place) and slow down in front of him.

Agression is the way of life on roads these days
Old 6th March 2009, 16:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

[quote]Agression is the way of life on roads these days/QUOTE]

Avi, rightly said!! Though many might not agree in principle, it works!!
Old 6th March 2009, 17:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Quote:
Avi, rightly said!! Though many might not agree in principle, it works!!
It again depends on the kind of vehicle. Right? I can't show aggression on my puny little zen! I stick to the rules except for overtaking on left which is unavoidable here!
Old 6th March 2009, 17:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If i find someone slowing down in front of me with empty roads ahead of him. I make sure to overtake him ( even if it means i take the road that i am not meant to go in the first place) and slow down in front of him.

That is exactly what I do very often---just to give that blighter a dose of his own medicine.
Old 6th March 2009, 18:24   #44
BHPian

Day before yesterday, there was a big jam on the road towards Gacchibowli (Infy). Cause: A pit had been dug for laying cables right at the junction where you take the free left to go to Infy. Result: A km long jam, with 6, yep 6, lanes of traffic ground to a halt/ crawl. Nowadays, whenever I see roads being repaired, I mentally get ready to face some digging jams in the days to come
Old 9th March 2009, 01:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That is exactly what I do very often---just to give that blighter a dose of his own medicine.
Yes it can be irritating when someone slows down in front of you for no reason and makes you slow down as well and wastes your time.

But, if you slow down yourself after overtaking such a guy, just to teach him a lesson, and if you spend your time following him onto roads you wouldn't have entered otherwise, wouldn't that contribute more to your loss of time? Whether it is worth it or not is of course to be decided by the doer.

Don't mean to criticise you guys - I have done stuff that's similar (in principle) too. It just struck me as soon as I read the above two posts that this was an example of how even mild roadrage can backfire. Personally speaking I have found it not worth it. But then with the sort of luck I usually have, the minute I overtook a slow-driving guy to teach him a lesson, he would probably turn off the road and park!

My first experience of this sort of backfire was many years ago and very basic. After learning to drive, the first time I yelled at another road user. An auto guy cut across me like he was driving in his house compound, I leaned out of the window to let him know my opinion of his ancestry and turned my head to the front to see the car hitting a traffic police metal barricade. Luckily no damage, especially as it wasn't even my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks