Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2008, 08:21   #31
BANNED

Quote:
They are actually very decent and if they see a family (kid should be present) then they don't bother,
And a kid in the car makes them sure that the driver is sober?
Old 21st July 2008, 09:25   #32
BHPian

Good something is initiated, I have seen people driving with high beam and fog lights in Bangalore during hot summer.
Old 21st July 2008, 09:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
The checks near the HAL airport is there almost every week. Especially friday and saturday nights. I bump into them if I'm coming home late from office on Friday or elsewhere. They are actually very decent and if they see a family (kid should be present) then they don't bother, otherwise its the same bag of tricks, which is actually quite sad...

You sure about this on Friday/Sat ? I never encountered them. Probably, they didn't stop me because my family is always with me whenever I take my vehicle out. Will keep my eyes open.
Old 21st July 2008, 11:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

They usually start after 10 pm. Not before. Since I stay just beyond the Suranjan Das road junction which is just after HAL Airport, I keep getting stopped. If you are alone, then you would be stopped all the time. Sometimes they ask for paper, sometimes they don't. You can't come through Jeevan Bheema Nagar also. There's usually checking right next to the police station there.
Old 21st July 2008, 11:11   #35
BANNED

I hope they have some mechanism to catch all those with non OEM headlamps. And then, of course, heavily fine them.
Old 21st July 2008, 15:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Saab, fundoo police isko kehte hain:

Where the street racing is fast and the police aren't furious - International Herald Tribune
Old 22nd July 2008, 09:39   #37
BHPian

This is really a good move by Bangalore cops. I hate people who use high beams and fog lights inside the city. You dont need fog lights in city limits.
I dont get it why people want to use fog lights. could be to show off that they have 4 sets of cool lights.

They should also start fining bikes and Autos who dont have any head or tail lights at all
Near Koramangla I allmost ran into an auto who had no lights what so ever.
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:20   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
They should also start fining bikes and Autos who dont have any head or tail lights at all
Near Koramangla I allmost ran into an auto who had no lights what so ever.
they are poor buddy, so the law don't apply to them but if you hit them then the law applies to you
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:30   #39
BHPian

Thts a good move. But at the same time what about the bikers in Bangalore who thinks that rear bumper of every car is their own property??? They speed thro the heavy trafic like they are in NH and crash land on the car in front of them. When the driver turn back, they will simply say "Sorry Sir" and fly off....

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 22nd July 2008 at 11:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks