Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 12:13   #16
Jay
BHPian

A few of my friends used to tell me stories as to how they travelled in ambulances with the driver putting the siren just to have a clear road so that he could reach places faster while he was doing taxi service...
Old 29th May 2008, 12:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Another trend noticed is that , here in bangy we have a few imbeciles following the ambulance like a convoy to avoid traffic. You make way for the ambulance and the next thing you see is a string of vehicles following the ambulance at the same speed.
Old 29th May 2008, 14:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Another trend noticed is that , here in bangy we have a few imbeciles following the ambulance like a convoy to avoid traffic. You make way for the ambulance and the next thing you see is a string of vehicles following the ambulance at the same speed.
Its true everywhere, mostly bikes here. Just can't understand what their hurry is, maybe they will follow the hearse too.
Old 29th May 2008, 14:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Its true everywhere, mostly bikes here. Just can't understand what their hurry is, maybe they will follow the hearse too.
I do that with VIP convoys on BLR - MYSORE road, when I get a chance. You can actually do the whole stretch without stopping anywhere.

But Ambulance, in the city
Old 29th May 2008, 14:32   #20
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
I do that with VIP convoys on BLR - MYSORE road, when I get a chance. You can actually do the whole stretch without stopping anywhere.
You can do the whole stretch without stopping anywhere provided the VIP doesnt stop in between. Plus you'll have to follow them at less than 100kmph as thats the max the protocol jeeps can go. Try doing that ahead of the convoy, you'll enjoy it better .
Old 29th May 2008, 14:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
John here it is more of the company owned cabs that do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
I once did this in e-city when some delegate( read Prince) from Europe visited a company called xsysys. I was stopped at the e-city phase 1 exit to make way for the convoy. I was lucky that my car was the 1st one in line. Once the convoy left , the cops allowed traffic to move.

My colleague gave me the idea to follow the convoy which I successfully did and guess what ? I reached MG Road in less than 20mins time.

However jay 100kmph is on the books maybe.Coz quite recently I had the privilege to this once again on the Mysore -Hassan stretch and the convoy was doing speeds in excess of 120kmph.
Old 29th May 2008, 14:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
You can do the whole stretch without stopping anywhere provided the VIP doesnt stop in between. Plus you'll have to follow them at less than 100kmph as thats the max the protocol jeeps can go. Try doing that ahead of the convoy, you'll enjoy it better .

When Senior Gowda was the CM, I followed his convoy all the way to Mysore, most of the way they did more than 110 KMPH and was hard for me to keep up, as I was in my M800, which was very shaky beyond 110.

Of course I'm not stupid to try any stunts like overtaking the convoy.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:44   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
John here it is more of the company owned cabs that do this.
I agree. Following the ambulance you would find Tempo Travellers carrying their own share of tired and weary people.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
VIP's hardly use sirens . Mostly, they just have the red strobe light on. If I were a VIP, I wouldnt want an ear splitting siren at an arm's length while I am travelling.

You mean a fire engine?
1) Mostly the VIP's are not as good people.

2) yes, yes I meant Fire Engine.
( Sorry for poor presentation )
Old 29th May 2008, 16:58   #25
BHPian

I hope that van belongs to Navnit motors. correct me if am wrong.

This incident reminds me a scene in tamil movie Chennai 600028..

where they put full use of the ambulance for the sake of cricket.
Old 29th May 2008, 17:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Mostly the VIP's are not as good people.
Nothing to do with VIP's being good or bad. Its just that sound of the siren continuously wailing irriates the VIP's as well, especially when they are seated in the same vehicle on which the loud siren is playing !! So the probably ask the driver to switch the siren off and just keep the red light on.
Old 29th May 2008, 20:06   #27
LLL
BHPian

I hope some naxalites or terrorists kidnap some VIPs trvelling in cars with red lights on and word spreads of this.

Next day, all red lights , sirens and big VIP stickers will disappear. (I saw an ambassador that had a big red printout of VIP pasted on the front windscreen). i guess its a matter of time before start painting VIP all over their cars. :(
Old 29th May 2008, 20:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Nothing to do with VIP's being...
I have always seen the siren being on when there is dense traffic. When there is less traffic,they dont use sirens.
Old 29th May 2008, 20:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Getting back to the Topic!

Totally unacceptable. If I see this vehicle. I am going to cut it off and slow him down.

Sirens just cause someone spent a bomb on a car?

I understand customer service, but not at expense of the public.

Last edited by IronWolf : 29th May 2008 at 20:43.
Old 29th May 2008, 21:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Beacon light even for Swamiji's car...!

How many here are aware that in Kerala, a self proclaimed 'Swamiji' used red beacon light in his car? He says that he is the inventor of 'Karma'. His car (A F.Red Palio Sport) sported big stickers which read "KARMA SOS"

Going slightly offtopic: (Contd...)

Anyway, he is under police custody now. He went to Police station in his car with the beaocn light on, and inside the PS, he created a situation with his pistol. He fired it twice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks