Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 09:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Crazy two wheeler experience

I was driving on Mysore road at a reasonable speed of 40 -50 kmph. I had to honk a two wheeler out of the way as he was going slower than me. That guy had a cheek to catch up with me in the next signal and scratch my car bumper purposefully. I can't explain this behavior at all. I couldn't even stop him and ask why. the signal went green and the vehicles around me started honking. I am really annoyed by this attitude. Such incidences make me think that I should own a Bolero or Sumo and not Swift.
Old 7th April 2008, 10:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this; just that some people are just not lucky enough to have proper brain growth (not referring to physical growth).

And yes, these are the exact situations where you feel that being a bully is better than being bullied!
Old 7th April 2008, 11:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

A similar thing happened to me many many years ago on Jaipur - Delhi road when I was returning from Behror. I overtook a M/cycle rider after lot of honking etc., & he wouldn't give way for whatever reason God knows.

Finally I managed to overtake him, gave a mouthful and went away. At one of the traffic lights near Neemrana, he scratched my left side of the Gypsy and raced away. I was seething with anger and finally caught up with him on the highway. Fortunately not much traffic was there and I just squeezed past him from the right side and then swung the steering hard left. There was a thud and then I don't what happened and I didn't care. Maybe I shouldn't have done that, but uncontrollable rage probably clouded my senses..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I was driving on Mysore road at a reasonable speed of 40 -50 kmph. I had to honk a two wheeler out of the way as he was going slower than me. That guy had a cheek to catch up with me in the next signal and scratch my car bumper purposefully. I can't explain this behavior at all. I couldn't even stop him and ask why. the signal went green and the vehicles around me started honking. I am really annoyed by this attitude. Such incidences make me think that I should own a Bolero or Sumo and not Swift.
Old 7th April 2008, 12:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
... I just squeezed past him from the right side and then swung the steering hard left. There was a thud and then I don't what happened and I didn't care. Maybe I shouldn't have done that, but uncontrollable rage probably clouded my senses..

classic case of road rage
Old 7th April 2008, 12:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD
I just squeezed past him from the right side and then swung the steering hard left. There was a thud and then I don't what happened and I didn't care.

Sounds like what I would have done.
Yeah,its also called "Road rage,blah blah" too.
Old 7th April 2008, 13:41   #6
Team-BHP Support

I never try to hit two wheelers who try this scratching or over honking thing with me.
Whenever they start honking at red lights(because they want to jump the light and I don't), I do exactly what he wants me to do. Floor the accelerator. But I don't engage the gear, so I partially oblige the guy and at the same time dump him with a tonne of soot.
Oil burners have their advantages.
Old 7th April 2008, 15:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

I just missed ramming 2 imbeciles today.This happened at SadashivNagar signal bang' opp' the police station. Signal was green and 2 dudes were ahead of me on a bike.For no reason he brakes and I had to slam the brakes so hard that the car screeched.

To my amusement, the dude has the adocity to abuse me in Kannada, though it was his mistake.The traffic cops walks up and plays the role of the good Samaritan asking the fool on the bike to let go of me. I gave him my mouthful right in front of the traffic cop and thats when they realized I was a localite.
I generally let go of such incidents and never care a hoot for these retards, but today it was different.

When I started abusing them back in Kannada with the best of words I could use, they are on their heels now. Start their bike and take off.
I dint want to let them go scott free, I drove ahead and caught up with them on the stretch between Mekhri circle and SadashivNagar Police Station.

Cornered them twice towards the footpath. Eventually they stopped their bike and waited for me drive off. I knew I was wrong , but you know sometimes it gets on to you which exactly was my case.
Old 7th April 2008, 15:17   #8
BHPian

What I usually do with such morons who do not move out of the way even after a few honks is just press the clutch pedal fully and rev the hell out of the engine and watch them get out of the way in double quick time
Old 7th April 2008, 15:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
... There was a thud and then I don't what happened and I didn't care. Maybe I shouldn't have done that, but uncontrollable rage probably clouded my senses..
He was asking for it. Serves him right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
...To my amusement, the dude has the adocity to abuse me in Kannada, though it was his mistake.The traffic cops walks up and plays the role of the good Samaritan asking the fool on the bike to let go of me. I gave him my mouthful right in front of the traffic cop and thats when they realized I was a localite...

way to go RJ! Atleast someone is giving these nitwits what they deserve!
Old 7th April 2008, 16:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

@DieselFan: There are nitwits in all shapes sizes. Your luck was to get one on two wheels who was willing to risk his life for a 200 rupees ka scratch. Relax. That is life. Let's get over it, shall we?

@gd saab: Road rage is mutual. You were plainly lucky that he neither had friends following, nor were you near his village. Else there could've been bricks through your windshield/been chased by 3 of such fellows or their friends in jeeps, or be hauled away by police for man slaughter/cause to murder. Your anger does not give you a right to play God. You wouldn't have attempted the same "stunt" with a truckie, wouldja? Or a sumo full of maya bhenjis' boys with flags waving?

@Nitrous - You sure?

@Tsk: Gimme a break. NA indicas can't do that to most bikes this size of 125 cc. That being said, can see how a CT100 might prolly get it But yes, smart!

@RJ: You again escalated the issue. Again same koshun - if you were in their side of the pond??

Please do realize that for alot of bikers, the average car driver would be not fast enough in traffic for him either That tension is part of the overpopulation that is our city roads.
Old 7th April 2008, 17:42   #11
BHPian

@phamilyman - my head says to agree with you. there is always an other side. Do the nuts in two wheelers realize this?

Quote:
Please do realize that for alot of bikers, the average car driver would be not fast enough in traffic for him either That tension is part of the overpopulation that is our city roads.
I simply dont understand their logic of squeezing into every possible gap. They think they are smart. Lot of non-fatal unreported accidents happen mainly because of this behviour. I can understand them squeezing between two vehicles in a signal when the vehicles are stationary. But when the vehicles are moving?

I agree for all these mistakes, road rage is not the answer. But then who is going to teach them lessons? I follow these 'soft' road rages...

1. I dont give them out of ordinary way - when they try to overtake a vehicle and I am coming in the opposite direction (I am pretty clear about my right of way). They do flicker their lights - but I dont budge. I have done this to indicas and sumos too.

2. If the traffic is moving slow and these jokers honk from my left side (they would have squeezed into my lane - and would want me to move right or would want the slow moving vehicle to speed up).. when the traffic clears up, I deliberately slow down to lock them in the same space (I would go at the same speed as the slow moving vehicle ahead of us - leaving no way for the two wheeler to squeeze ahead of me).

NOTE: I am a very defensive driver. I YIELD to walking pedestrians and even vehicles (including two wheelers) who indicate and are waiting to cross my lane. <<provided, its safe to brake>>

Flame me - but I think that auto drivers have better accident evading sense than these two wheeler riders. Just watch - how a two wheeler/ auto cuts before a car/ bus. The auto wallah speeds up - the bike driver slows down.

Bike riders follow similar stunts that the autowallahs do. However if accidents happen - its not the same result for autowalah vs bike rider. I hope they understand.

EDIT: My bashing is not for all bike riders, but rash bike drivers. I know there are rash drivers in all categories of vehicles. However bike riders have to realize they are in MORE danger than any other category. The bike manufacturers are making flimsier vehicles to improve on the fuel efficiency. The safety features are far lesser.

Last edited by druva : 7th April 2008 at 17:48.
Old 7th April 2008, 18:09   #12
BHPian

Just was meandering thru the travelogue and another post triggered this thought.

What if a bus/ truck driver has road rage? Compared to us they are spending more time on the road and I would say they are better behaved.

My justification: They are on the roads for atleast 8 hours. With all sort of vehicles cutting before them - including your truly car. How much have we experienced as road rage from them? The percentage comparison would be far less - aint not?

Quote:
The bus and truck drivers are the least appreciated drivers. Think about this - they dont have power steering/ ABS. They dont have big rear view mirrors. No one understands the concept of blind spots - larger for big vehicles.

And we always blame them for rash driving.
Old 7th April 2008, 18:21   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Just was meandering thru the travelogue and another post triggered this thought.

What if a bus/ truck driver has road rage? Compared to us they are spending more time on the road and I would say they are better behaved.

My justification: They are on the roads for atleast 8 hours. With all sort of vehicles cutting before them - including your truly car. How much have we experienced as road rage from them? The percentage comparison would be far less - aint not?
I have seen number of MTC buses engaging in road rage in chennai. There are exceptions i agree but most of them are bad.
Old 7th April 2008, 18:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari
I have seen number of MTC buses engaging in road rage in chennai. There are exceptions i agree but most of them are bad.
Yes, dont know about other city bus drivers, but in Chennai most of them are rash, purposely park in the middle of the road (at bus stops) thereby creating traffic jams where none should exist etc.
Old 7th April 2008, 18:47   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@
@Tsk: Gimme a break. NA indicas can't do that to most bikes this size of 125 cc. That being said, can see how a CT100 might prolly get it But yes, smart!
NA indica can do that to a HayaBusa too.
Any bike in the world.
Read my post again.
And then imagine.
you are behind a NA indica, honking because you want to jump a red light
The guy in the Na indica is tsk1979
He floors the pedal in "Neutral".

By the time the soot gets out of your eyes, the light would have turned to green and red again

Most Viewed