Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2008, 20:58   #31
BHPian

Similar thing happened to me one day when I had come down to Coimbatore for vacation. I was driving my sister's m800 and was accompanied by my mom, sister, her friend and mom's friend. So basically, it was full load. I had just turned to the main road from a side lane and started accelerating steadily. Only to find a few cops standing under a large tree on the side of the road aiming a radar gun at the car. They gestured me to stop and I did so promptly. I get out of the car and the cop shows me the speed gun and tells me in tamil, "You were driving at 60."
I'm like, "So?".
He says,"Speed limit is 45kmph."
I say,"There's no sign here."
He points to a signboard near a signal and says, "That board says 45"
Pointing to the side lane I tell him,"I came out of that lane. The board is not visible from there. How was I to know?"
He says,"That's not my problem. You were exceeding the speed limit and you have to pay Rs.300".
While this guy was talking to me, around 6 - 7 cars just went zooming past and he didn't bother to check their speed.
Since the others were in the car, I did not want to create a scene there. So I paid up, muttered curses under my breath and left.

This was one road which never had radars. Then, out of the blue, you have this.

Later that evening, when I told dad about this, he said, "That's ok. I've been fined 4 times already."

Last edited by wheeler : 13th April 2008 at 21:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks