Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 19:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
He was driving at around 120 and slowed down near some village near Nagpur. Suddenly, a man darted across the road, not even looking at his direction. He braked hard and veered sharply to avoid hitting that idiot, and managed to pass by without any mishap.
Is that guy trying to fall in front of the car to damage himself for extortion? IF one fails to negotiate he faces the risk of vehicle running over him

Same tactic is showed as a comedy scene in a movie
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Tell the police that you are a doctor, and the bandage that has been done is not done properly...if not corrected may lead to permanent damage. Insist on going to a nearby hospital and getting it done properly.

I am sure you'll see that man running away on 1 leg
Hey that's a fantastic idea!!!
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:11   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
On my way from Goa to Bangalore, I was stopped at the karnataka border checkpost.
Those guys are pure worthless pricks, they just want money. They dont have an iota of self respect. All the paper checking is hogwash, when they say paper's show them rs20 then they will make some noise, keep rs50 and start walking the lowly creatures will be satisfied.

Sorry for the OT.
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Goes to say,when driving on city/highway roads,there's really no scope to sit back & drive at ease. One has to be constantly scanning the roads for such useless people,out to make a fast buck.

There used to be a time when long distance trips used to be fun.But now,there'll be no time to enjoy the drive,but to keep a vigilant approach all the while,and drive as cautiously as possible.
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Goes to say,when driving on city/highway roads,there's really no scope to sit back & drive at ease. One has to be constantly scanning the roads for such useless people,out to make a fast buck.
I have pre-meditated on what to do if I am being stopped at night on a highway by some of these robbers.

Option A:
1) Slow down the car that much so that those who are blocking the way feel that you're actually stopping.
2) By any chance, if they move to the sides to attack you or to ask you something, (thinking that you're actually stopping), just take off by pushing hard, accelerate as fast as you can, escape.

Option B: (If option A doesn't work)
1) Stop the car, turn off headlights, do not open windows/doors
2) Rev up the engine like crazy, it should scare them, or at least make them think that you're going / a crazy driver
3) Start moving forward but slowly by still revving harder - make the car's bumper sweep the idiot(s) standing in front to the sides :P
4) Just drag the car, turn on lights and away to safety!

Once I had tried Option A at a toll booth and it really worked. (They were unnecessarily collecting toll for about 13 years for a small bridge!)
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Do you guys think Police will file case as you mention? Never. They will always file the FIR in favour of the injured (or not). Btw, if you registered a case that is the best thing you can do eventhough the FIR would be against YOU only. And it will certainly say that you drove rash and negligently for sure. Most of the time the police will not file any FIR and try to convince you that it is ok and compromise.
If the FIR is filled, then you have certain formalities to be done
1. Get fitness certificate from nearest RTO for your vehicle. This is to make sure that the vehicle you drove is fit to be run in the public place.
2. Get the FIR copy WITHOUT fail. This is the most dificult task and near to impossible if you know no contacts.
3. Once this is done, you will get a notice in a week or so for paying the fine. (Normally 25o range, Max of 2500 if the guy died, this is what told to me by the police guys)
4. If you have contacts, then you no need to go and pay the fine. Just pay it to the police and they will get some proxy and close it. in case you need receipt, then you can send your friends or driver anyone.

Why we need to register. If the case is not registered and you are not fined, then in future there are chances that the counter party can go to court at a later stage and claim that he or she is earning member of the family, and due to this accident they are not able to earn etc etc.. and you end up either in paying huge amount or going to court every week. ANd you know how long its gone a take to get done.
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:56   #22
BANNED

If you live in a country where there are people ought there to suck your blood to make some easy money, what do you expect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
To me this looks like an unholy nexus between unscrupulous cops and their touts.
Old 3rd April 2008, 21:12   #23
LLL
BHPian

i am seething in anger and ashamed that such people are born in india. Not a surprise that no one thinks highly of our credibility.

in this case, atleast the guy tried to cross the road. next time around, cops might just stop you and say that you ran someone over and you need to pay.

and teach this trick to every beggar and hijra and they will do this drama on every signal in every city.
Old 4th April 2008, 09:36   #24
BHPian

DL must be original. for other documents an attested copy would suffice
Old 4th April 2008, 10:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

According to what I know - the DL and Insurance papers have to be in original - the others can be a photocopy and you will need to produce the originals in 7 days.
Old 4th April 2008, 11:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Why we need to register. If the case is not registered and you are not fined, then in future there are chances that the counter party can go to court at a later stage and claim that he or she is earning member of the family, and due to this accident they are not able to earn etc etc.. and you end up either in paying huge amount or going to court every week. ANd you know how long its gone a take to get done.

Even if you file an FIR and pay up the fine nothing stops the other party in going to the court and claiming all what he/she wants to claim.
Old 4th April 2008, 11:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Even if you file an FIR and pay up the fine nothing stops the other party in going to the court and claiming all what he/she wants to claim.
Yes. But I heard that will be taken care by the Insurance guys. no?
Old 4th April 2008, 11:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Could someone forward this thread to District/State heads of Police ? Would love to get their reaction on this.
Old 30th December 2010, 14:32   #29
BHPian

Re: New extortion racket on highways

Things like this keep happening all the time.
Mind you all - IT HAPPENS ALL OVER THE WORLD>

The problem with most of the educated Indians is they themselves have no self respect and will sell out their own country if they see a different skin, and they do it proudly that too the conversation will for sure be in the pseudo accent of the guy he/she is having the conversation with.

Anyways combing back to the topic.

These are helpless points only a super hero in you can save you.
We just need to be smart to get out of situations like this.
If the law is against you, you got no where to go.

It always good to have some higher power (politician..) up your sleeve for dire emergencies like this.

Be a roman in rome.
Handle the indian system in the Indian way.

I swear these people need to be slaughtered for even having the thought of living out of someone elses hard work and top of that giving them mental agony

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd January 2011 at 09:44. Reason: Please use decent language on Team-BHP. This includes avoiding *'ed out words.
Old 30th December 2010, 16:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: New extortion racket on highways

Anywhere in India, I fear only the cops, they are the worst.
I have found Naxals and terrorists much better guys to deal with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks