Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 13:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Collection of Emergency numbers

After reading about the last couple of hours that our beloved friend Robin went through, i felt there was a chance if he was attended by the Doctors little earlier.

Most of the times when we are invloved in an accident or close to an incident, the first thing we think of is the emergeny phone number. But if we are in an unknown location, we may not have any idea of the emergeny numbers in the place.

100 is the standard number, but sometimes there will be a different number to directly reach an ambulance service. I am starting this thread to collect all the emergeny number in one place. I suggest everybody to post numbers of your city and any other location you are aware of. We don't know but you could be a life saver.
Old 28th December 2007, 13:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Andhra Pradesh

This number will work anywhere in Andhra Pradesh. This emergeny ambulance service is located in almost every mandal head quarters. I heard they are very quick to reach the spot and managed very professionally.

This is founded by Byrraju foundation which is sponsored by Satyam Computers. To know more about this service Emergency Management and Research Institute

Last edited by satish_appasani : 28th December 2007 at 13:17.
Old 28th December 2007, 13:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

THIS LINK gives a detailed information of all Emergency Services in Kolkata (West Bengal).

Plus if anyone needs to contact any Team BHPian from Kolkata -> please PM the active members @ planet_rocker, shuvc, shuvd, razor4077, toiingg, wimwian, sabret00the, 1100D.

Edit:

Hospital on wheels: 1066

Last edited by planet_rocker : 28th December 2007 at 13:16.
Old 28th December 2007, 13:11   #4
BHPian

KA

1062 Should work in Bangalore. Need to test other numbers if any. Believe 103 is quite responsive also. Others can confirm
Old 23rd October 2011, 12:45   #5
BHPian

Emergency numbers in Bangalore

Many Bangaloreans will be aware of the tragic accident on Sankey Road last month where a young man, Arjun Nair, was killed in a hit-and-run while trying to get an auto to his home.

What was even worse is that he was left lying on the road for about an hour; he could have been saved had any passers-by called the ambulance or Police.

Today's papers carried a heart rending letter from his grief stricken mother, wondering why in this modern city no one cared to help her son. Forget stopping, one can understand that fear, but no one called the police or ambulance.

I was very moved by this and then decided to make sure I had the ambulance and emergency numbers on my mobile. To my shock, I did not have any emergency numbers! I had all along believed that Airtel, my provider, had programmed emergency numbers into the SIM card.

So I searched the internet and came up with these sites providing critical information:

Bangalore Traffic Police
Bangalore City Traffic Police

The emergency numbers listed here are:
Ambulance:
Toll Free - 105711
Toll Free - 1062 / 108

Of these, I found that 1062 is the number for CTC SANJEEVINI
Ambulance service Bangalore - CTC SANJEEVINI - 1062

This is what is written here:
What one must do in an accident or in any medical emergency?

Remember! Next time you witness an accident or any medical emergency, just call 1062.

Within seconds a CTC SANJEEVINI ambulance will be dispatched to the distress location. A trained paramedic with a state-of-the-art ambulance will arrive at the distress location within minutes of the call to render immediate first-aid and then transport the victim to the nearest CTC accredited hospital. Care will be provided during the transportation to sustain the life.

The other number, 108, is of EMRI Emergency Management and Research Institute (EMRI) and can be referred here:

GVK EMRI - GVK Emergency Management and Research Institute - 108 Services

It says:

1-0-8 Emergency Response Service is a 24X7 emergency service for medical, police and fire emergencies. The service is available for the entire state of Andhra Pradesh ,Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Assam, Meghalaya, Madhya Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh.

The main highlights are

It is a 24x7 emergency service.
Toll Free number accessible from landline or mobile
Emergency help will reach you in an average of 18 minutes.
"People can dial 108 without any prefix or suffix from any phone (landline or mobile) and seek help".
This further information is taken from here:
Dial 108 for all emergency situations across India

I don't know if this information is already posted here, my apologies if so. But, I am ashamed to admit, I didn't know all this and thought I'd share this.
Damu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 13:15   #6
BHPian

Re: Emergency numbers in Bangalore

Very informative thread Damu. Checked my mobile and didn't find any emergency numbers.
One question though. Can these toll free number 1062 be called from a mobile?

Last edited by zteg : 23rd October 2011 at 13:16.
Old 23rd October 2011, 13:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Very informative thread Damu. Checked my mobile and didn't find any emergency numbers.
One question though. Can these toll free number 1062 be called from a mobile?
zteg, same question bothered me and incredibly, none of the emergency sites gives this information!

I finally found this:

"People can dial 108 without any prefix or suffix from any phone (landline or mobile) and seek help."

The post is here:
Dial 108 for all emergency situations across India
Damu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 13:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Also, the number to remember is that of the Police Control Room in Bangalore : 100 ( also 103 ).
Old 23rd October 2011, 20:33   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

A very useful thread Damu.

Last day, a fellow bhp'n was stranded in Mysore in a very weird situation at 5:00AM. What helped most were a few contact 24x7 contact numbers.

Well, I would request fellow bhp'ns to post the working and local helpline numbers of all the manufacturers.

Let me start with Ford, Calicut: 09847933333

You can get these guys 24x7 and they are really knowledgeable, unlike the SA there. Really helpful
Old 23rd October 2011, 21:13   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Mysore Hyundai Helpline: 09845115985/09873564645 .

Where helpful @5AM in the morning.
Old 5th November 2011, 02:07   #11
BHPian

Re: Collection of Emergency numbers

This number helped us once:

Mumbai-Pune Expressway Police - 98334 98334

Will post more if and when found.
Old 30th April 2013, 09:53   #12
BHPian

Live "on-the-road" Help Thread.

The idea behind this thread is to provide help to any bhpian while on the road.

Many a times while on the move, one comes across situations which are not premeditated.
Be it an accident, an injury, a conked of headlight, a flat tire or any other incident, post it here and I request the community to assist the member by what ever means possible. Be that by providing information of the nearest police station, local garage, hospital, or by any other means appropriate.

Yes this information can also be searched on the internet. Many would ask then - why this thread?
The analogy is very simple. Imagine yourself in a situation of crisis. You can post a short 2 line description of the incident and what assistance you are looking for over here and get back to searching for nearby help. In the interim even if two members decide to search for any assistance, you triple the chance of finding what you are looking for in the same time frame.

Now to answer the question about who would answer and when ?
Well the main purpose of this thread is to provide real-time information to the person who has posted about an incident. Hence I request the members to keep an eye out for new posts.

There is only so much that we can do, however in the time of an emergency, EVERYTHING counts. So I request all the members of the community to pool in their knowledge of the local helpline numbers. This bank of important numbers could be added to the first page itself for the benefit of guest viewers as well.

To kick of the thread, I am posting some numbers of the police stations in Gujarat :-

1) Navrangpura, Ashram Road, Behind Bata Show Room, Ahmedabad :- 079 - 26440698

2) Sayajigunj, Vadodara :- 0265 - 2362400

3) Palej, Bharuch :- 02642 - 277333

4) Near Station Road, Anand :- 02692 - 52450

5) Rander Road, Surat :- 0261 - 2766152

Let us all contribute in making this unique community of petrolhead's even stronger.
Drive Safe,

Last edited by Enigmatic : 30th April 2013 at 10:15.
Enigmatic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 11:45   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Live "on-the-road" Help Thread.

I have stored the Highway helpline numbers in my phone for any emergency will like to share the same;

NH4 - 09833498334
Mum- Pune (EE Hwy) - 09822498224

Other than the Pune route i also travel a lot on the NH8 but havent found any helpline number, if anyone has please provide the same.

Thanks

Last edited by karan561 : 30th April 2013 at 11:48.
Old 30th April 2013, 15:21   #14
BHPian

Re: Live "on-the-road" Help Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
The idea behind this thread is to provide help to any bhpian while on the road.

Many a times while on the move, one comes across situations which are not premeditated.

Yes this information can also be searched on the internet. Many would ask then - why this thread?
Let us all contribute in making this unique community of petrolhead's even stronger.
Drive Safe,
This is indeed useful and much needed thread. Thanks Enigmatic for reviving it. A couple of suggestions from my end.

1. It will be better to create a directory of these numbers and other useful tips and place it as a sticky thread or document in the main forum. During an emergency it would be as difficult to search so many pages of this thread as searching in the Internet.

2. Then do we need this thread - yes. For 2 reasons.
a. We can contribute new numbers or tips through this thread and update the 'directory' periodically.
b. A better use of the thread, I see, is to send SOS messages when any member is stuck on road or any emergency. He can post a message asking for information or help and available members can reply or contact him over phone. That way this thread will act as a emergency road assistance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks