Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2008, 21:49   #241
Senior - BHPian

In my experience, Team-BHP as such is not anti anything, it is only a miniscule percentage of the members who create this impression by flogging the dead horse again & again & again. Scorpio is a FTD vehicle & as such certainly qualifies to be a team-bhp favourite, IMO.
Old 7th February 2008, 00:44   #242
Senior - BHPian

Agreed, but still can handle some terrain..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
95% Scorpios are not 4WD
Old 7th February 2008, 00:46   #243
Senior - BHPian

Torqueguru: I hope you got the answer.

And thanks Anup for conveying what I wanted to say in a very simple and lucid manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I think what he means is that behemoth owners are not speed freaks and did not buy those vehicles for drags on highways. They have no issues with sedans showing them butt on tarmac.
They KNOW where THEY will kick butt!
Old 7th February 2008, 00:54   #244
Senior - BHPian

By giving that example I was not comparing Scorpio to H1. It was just an analogy to illustrate a point.

And after owning a Safari for nearly a decade and a Scorpio for about 4 years I've done straight runs and much more and dusted too. And I know what my both vehicles are worth for.

Sorry to disagree, but Scorpio makers never claimed that it was a wanna-be Pajero/Montero/CR-V.

And all the three that you've mentioned are wanna-be FJ cruiser / Landrover and Cherokee in that order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
H1 = Scorpio...!!!!
Goodness G..!! What a comparison...!!! I guess he must come and drive a Scorpio on a straight run and on dust and see what the vehcile is worth.

Scorpios is just a wanna-be Pajero / Montero / CR-V.
Old 7th February 2008, 09:10   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
In my experience, Team-BHP as such is not anti anything, it is only a miniscule percentage of the members who create this impression by flogging the dead horse again & again & again. Scorpio is a FTD vehicle & as such certainly qualifies to be a team-bhp favourite, IMO.
There is a saying in Tamil(Chennai Anna's will know better),
For the crow its youngling is the most precious.Hope it's not OT.
Old 7th February 2008, 10:05   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
For the crow its youngling is the most precious.Hope it's not OT.
I'm afraid this IS rather O.T. in this context.
With a 'youngling', as you so eloquently call it, there is NEVER a choice involved. You do not read up, do 'look-sees', do TDs, and then CHOOSE the one out of the many that were available.
Then, with the 'youngling', when it arrives, the 'bonding' is 'natural', and a gift of God.
It is not so with buying a car. And there is complete failure of 'bonding' if the thing fails to deliver.
Which is why there are so many threads crying 'foul' about cars. I don't see any similar thread about peoples' 'younglings'!!
Old 7th February 2008, 11:21   #247
BHPian

Quote:
I'm afraid this IS rather O.T. in this context.
With a 'youngling', as you so eloquently call it, there is NEVER a choice involved. You do not read up, do 'look-sees', do TDs, and then CHOOSE the one out of the many that were available.
Then, with the 'youngling', when it arrives, the 'bonding' is 'natural', and a gift of God.
It is not so with buying a car. And there is complete failure of 'bonding' if the thing fails to deliver.
Which is why there are so many threads crying 'foul' about cars. I don't see any similar thread about peoples' 'younglings'!!
Hi,
If everyone agrees that only a perfect car will sell because you have so many options like TD ,FORUMS etc then what we all will have is an UTOPIAN VEHICLE .

You did not obviously understand the crux of the saying(i don't fault you being a non- tamilian).
Old 7th February 2008, 11:29   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You did not obviously understand the crux of the saying(i don't fault you being a non- tamilian).
Sorry. Would be grateful for a more lucid explanation of that saying.
And what you say about the 'utopian' car is something that can never happen, given that each person is an individual with his own preferences and priorities, likes and dislikes.
Old 7th February 2008, 11:36   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry. Would be grateful for a more lucid explanation of that saying.
And what you say about the 'utopian' car is something that can never happen, given that each person is an individual with his own preferences and priorities, likes and dislikes.
Hi,
You have the answer .One mans food is anothers poison!.Let us accept that there is imperfection all over!
Old 7th February 2008, 11:45   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let us accept that there is imperfection all over!
LOL, then what about that oh so common syndrome: The sun shines out of MY A$$ ?!
Old 7th February 2008, 11:49   #251
BHPian

The sun shines out of MY A$$ ?! [/quote]

Very unparliamentary ,
Old 8th February 2008, 17:24   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With a 'youngling', as you so eloquently call it,
There is no need to ridicule someone's 'eloquency' as you would like to call it. This is a car forum and as long as you can communicate what you feel without breaking rules, i think it's fine.

coming back to topic, I think it would be fair to say that not all car buyers are so very well informed as yourself to go through all the routines, some people go by hearsay & some people go by looks & some people go by intuition (I've done that). Why, even the ones who did a lot of research have ended up buying lemons. well, according to you , everyone ends up with a perfect wife.
Old 9th February 2008, 09:52   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a car forum and as long as you can communicate what you feel without breaking rules, i think it's fine.
Esteem_lover, no rules were broken and there was no attempt at ridicule. Youngling is a perfectly valid word and not commonly encountered. I found it quite eloquent!
I request that you please read my posts again. Aren't they saying exactly what you are saying? To each his own. That buying a car is a matter of personal preferences/priorities, likes and dislikes? The heart and the mind govern the choice and very often it is the heart that prevails.
And that even after doing all the homework, people are not necessarily happy/satisfied with their purchase.
LOL, I see no need to bring in wives into this discussion - as also younglings. To me, the difference between the animate and the inanimate is rather sacrosanct.
Old 9th February 2008, 11:37   #254
BHPian

Quote:
There is no need to ridicule someone's 'eloquency' as you would like to call it. This is a car forum and as long as you can communicate what you feel without breaking rules, i think it's fine.

coming back to topic, I think it would be fair to say that not all car buyers are so very well informed as yourself to go through all the routines, some people go by hearsay & some people go by looks & some people go by intuition (I've done that). Why, even the ones who did a lot of research have ended up buying lemons. well, according to you , everyone ends up with a perfect wife.
E_l, Well said,
Old 9th February 2008, 12:25   #255
BHPian

Quote:
LOL, then what about that oh so common syndrome: The sun shines out of MY A$$ ?!
I'm starting to hate the sunshine.

-- Torqy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks