Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2008, 23:58   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
From the intensity of the hate campaign against scorpio it looks like;

-the competitors are worried of the increasing sale & have placed their stooges to post here or
-there are real scorpio haters net worked to whip up a campaign against it or
- there are some idiots who would post anything without thinking or
- the scorpio is for BRAIN-DEAD people
& we have so many zombies driving this suv

Now which one is true is not difficult to guess?

-Ramky
hahaha. Thats hilarious Ramkya! Loved it! This is sure a fun thread!
Old 4th February 2008, 00:02   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Scorpio Owners,

Now that you have been declared terrorists, in addition to being brain dead, dont be surprised if you are arrested for treason tonight.

Reason for arrest ? Are you serious ? you bought a car which is supposed to topple even when parked and you are still alive ?? If your scorpio is still parked rightside up , when you wake up in the morning, you had it. That should be a sufficient reason to be hanged .

And why are youguys called brain dead ? Becuse in mouthshut one Cedia owner delares "Cedia is a car with brains," . So everyone else and everything else must be braindead. LOL.
hehe...nice repartee!!! But why the sudden stab to Cedia? huh?

Last edited by Torqueguru : 4th February 2008 at 00:03.
Old 4th February 2008, 10:40   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
hehe...nice repartee!!! But why the sudden stab to Cedia? huh?
Its Obvious Guru,
Because, Its Cedizens digging on Scorpios...!!! (those who drive just a Lancer Cedia and not EVO IX or X or XI..!!!)

I have few cab-friends who own all kind of cars, like Qualis, Innova, Sumo and Scorpio and the drivers drive them all. Their version is, for highway handling the Order is 1. Innova, 2. Qualis, 3. Scorpio 4. Sumo. These chaps have been driving long trips every other week and I take their word. They say Scorpio is good for City driving..!!!
BS Motoring rightly put it, Scorpio has 'Get-out-of-my-way-looks..'!!!! And that kind of looks pays well in Cities... Not on highways'' right..????
Old 4th February 2008, 11:01   #214
Senior - BHPian

Okay so I guess we now have a conclusion - it is every other vehicle's fault that Scorpios are driven in a rash style.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:26   #215
Senior - BHPian

So It's Cedia Guys Out To Get Scorpio?

[quote=RajaTaurus;710050]
Its Obvious Guru,
Because, Its Cedizens digging on Scorpios...!!! (those who drive just a Lancer Cedia and not EVO IX or X or XI..!!!) quote]

Hai RajTaurus,

That's a scoop. Are there so many Cedizens out here digging at the Scorpio?

I wonder why? Cedia is a great car in its own class and in no way threatened by the zooming sales of Scorpio. On the highway a Cedia would have the scorpio licking its dust by miles.

It's the SUV competitors who should be having butterflies. A service manager in Scorpio said, "if you can turn the butterflies in their stomachs to cows, they would give severe competion to Amul, not to us".

--Ramky

=========

Last edited by ramkya1 : 4th February 2008 at 11:28.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:44   #216
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ramkya1;710125]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Its Obvious Guru,
Because, Its Cedizens digging on Scorpios...!!! (those who drive just a Lancer Cedia and not EVO IX or X or XI..!!!) quote]

Hai RajTaurus,

That's a scoop. Are there so many Cedizens out here digging at the Scorpio?

I wonder why? Cedia is a great car in its own class and in no way threatened by the zooming sales of Scorpio. On the highway a Cedia would have the scorpio licking its dust by miles.

It's the SUV competitors who should be having butterflies. A service manager in Scorpio said, "if you can turn the butterflies in their stomachs to cows, they would give severe competion to Amul, not to us".

--Ramky

=========
Hey Ramky,
I aint saying its competition. It just started with a Cedia showing dusts to a Scorp on a highway and some more Cedizens joined the fun digging at Scorp. Thats about it...

All said and done, Scorp has is own market and admirers (!). Those who were driving Sumos and Qualis have switched over to Scorps. Those who wanted to drive Safaris and Pajeros too settled for Scorps.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:44   #217
BHPian

[quote=RajaTaurus;710175]
Quote:

Those who wanted to drive Safaris and Pajeros too settled for Scorps.
Someone who can afford can very well buy a Safari. The price difference is not that wide.
Old 4th February 2008, 17:49   #218
Senior - BHPian

Misquote !!!!

[quote=joshdrive;710606]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post

Someone who can afford can very well buy a Safari. The price difference is not that wide.
Hai Josh,

You have mis-quoted me, Raja Taurus said that. Your cut paste mus've got crossed?

I would any day buy the Pajero over the Scorpio. Can't compare them performance-wise, price-wise, yes.

--Ramky.

======
Old 4th February 2008, 18:00   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can't compare them performance-wise, price-wise, yes.
Please dont mind to compare them performance wise(of course when you feel like) and post the stats for everyone to see.

Lets have a new thread for Performance comparo.

and i'm sure it will be very beneficial for us.
Old 4th February 2008, 18:40   #220
Senior - BHPian

Some links for you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Please dont mind to compare them performance wise(of course when you feel like) and post the stats for everyone to see.

Lets have a new thread for Performance comparo.

and i'm sure it will be very beneficial for us.
Hai Sunny,

Sorry for being off-topic; I am posting 3 links for Pajero reviews rather than starting a comarision.

MITSUBISHI PAJERO Review

1991 Mitsubishi Pajero Review - Carsurvey.org

Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 Import - Review - Big IS Beautiful.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, search on the net you'd find tonns more.

Pajero is higher class and much superior to Scorpio, I haven't come across any Pajero hater, owners just love this beast, I've seen so many of them in Khatmandu, lots of them there.

I am not going to start a comparision with the Safari and start another WAR..... we have enough threads that have sparred on this, chewed and spitted this out.

Sorry, I am not hungry / angry enough to take this bait

--Ramky

===========

Last edited by ramkya1 : 4th February 2008 at 18:44.
Old 4th February 2008, 19:09   #221
BHPian

Hi,

I have a 4x4 Scorpio and now a Pajero and I would agree with Ramkya when he says that Pajero is a far superior vehicle. I was certainly happy with my Scorpio till I drove the Pajero.

IMHO the Scorpio is definitely a peppier vehicle and quick to take off from the traffic lights but the Pajero does sit better grounded and gives a sense of confidence. I would be more confident off roading in a Pajero especially with the differential locks and the pedigree that it has which has gone into it. M&M is also doing the same but they do have a longer way to go.

Rgds
Old 4th February 2008, 20:19   #222
Senior - BHPian

I have been closely oberving Scorpios on roads. My observation is that some vehicles are rash. Some Scorpios are rash. But Scorpios get noticed because of its size.

Scorpio drivers are no different from other drivers.

On highways, I have seen Scorpio in general maintain 80~120Kmph. On some straight stretches, they can touch 160s. But they have to slow down to 80~90 to take the curves. So any hatch/sedan can beat Scorpio if the highway has curves.
Old 5th February 2008, 23:47   #223
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I gathered that a certain Cedia showed its butt to a Scorpio on a straight run and so did some other Sedans too and thus started the bashing. I liken this to a Mini beating a H1 by a mile and then gloating that a 6 Ltr behemoth was beaten hollow on a straight run.

Does the H1 or a Scorpio turn around and say to a Mini or a Cedia that how about doing this in the dust my way?
Old 6th February 2008, 00:13   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Does the H1 or a Scorpio turn around and say to a Mini or a Cedia that how about doing this in the dust my way?
95% Scorpios are not 4WD
Old 6th February 2008, 02:52   #225
BHPian

I had a scorpio for 3 1/2 years it was the version previous to the crde and yes its not a good handler at high speeds in fact its really scary to drive it above 110 to 120 kmph and the only time i touched 140 to 145 kmph was when i was driving from bangalore to mangalore and i had a hard time keeping up with a old tata indica but i still miss it no car can give me the comfort of the drivers seat of the scorpio plus on narrow roads even the truck and bus drivers make way for you(never happens when u drive a car) and the best part is it will eat up all the potholes and still smile in those 3 1/2 years i didnt find even 1 road where the scorpio woudnt go cant say the same for my car most of the time i have to sit up and look for pot holes to avoid them
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks