Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2024, 23:19   #1
BHPian

New Fastag regulations

As per Autocar, additional layers of KYC are being added to Fastags, and all tags older than 5 years have to be mandatorily replaced.

I fail to see the need for any of this. Tags are anyway linked to the vehicle number, which is linked to the owner, chassis and engine number.

Indian babudom continues to spend its time conjuring up new ways to make our life difficult instead of fixing the very real issues with the road infrastructure and dangerous driving conditions.

From the article:

The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced new regulations for the electronic tolling system known as FASTag, effective from today, August 1. These rules primarily impact vehicle owners with FASTags issued over three years ago. However, even those with recently issued FASTags must ensure their tags contain accurate information. Providers will also need to ensure that the data they collect is more comprehensive. Read on to learn about all the changes.

FASTags older than five years will need to be replaced
KYC update required for FASTags issued three years ago
FASTags need to be linked to car’s registration and chassis number
For FASTags issued five or more years ago, owners will need to replace them entirely, following the new procedures that have been put into place for those who provide the tags (detailed below). For tags issued between three and five years ago, it is mandatory to update the Know Your Customer (KYC) information to make sure it's accurate by the October 31 deadline.

In addition, all FASTags must be linked to the vehicle’s registration and the chassis (VIN) number. New vehicle owners will have 90 days from the date of purchase to complete this linking.
The new regulations also make it mandatory for FASTag providers to verify and update their vehicle databases with accurate information, including clear photographs of the vehicle’s front and side profiles. Additionally, providers must ensure that each FASTag is linked to a mobile number to enable better communication.

Failure to comply with the new norms may result in difficulties and delays at tolls due to potential tag suspension. NPCI advises owners to act promptly to avoid such occurrences.

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/industr...e-years-432413
Mustang Sammy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 10:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Fastag regulations

I have seen no other notification except this article from Autocar
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 10:45   #3
BHPian

Re: New Fastag regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Indian babudom continues to spend its time conjuring up new ways to make our life difficult instead of fixing the very real issues with the road infrastructure and dangerous driving conditions.
Couldn't agree more. I can already envision horrendous queues forming at tolls of people caught dumbfounded realizing there tags that they probably use once a year is expired because of, erm...no reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I have seen no other notification except this article from Autocar
Surprisingly true!

New Fastag regulations-whatsapp-image-20240801-18.49.00_8b57e442.jpg

Although I did speak to an agent who looks after our corporate account and he asked us to hold our horses as this seems to be another one of those great eureka moment of some babu. I believe after seeing queues in October, by November we should be able to see a complete reversal

Meanwhile, I am off to take a picture of my RC (front and back), and also photographs of the Vehicle from the front and the side to upload for all the tags. Hey, maybe they were just trying to make us take more pictures of our cars. I am not complaining

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks