Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2024, 14:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Linking E-challan to bank accounts

I've had numerous incorrect challans issued by lazy/inefficient/untrained (take your pick) police officials - implementing this system would mean that any time the police officials are running low on achieving their daily/monthly targets, all they need to do is get trigger happy and many of us road warriors will instantly have our hard earned money debited, without so much as a miserable opportunity to correct THEIR mistake. Its basically one more round of tax on money thats already significantly taxed. Miserable idea!
fourwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 14:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
With about Rs. 2400 cr outstanding e-challan amount, Maharashtra state Govt. wants to link e-challan with bank accounts to recover the dues.
Link the annual income also. Calculate the fine according to the income of vehicle owner.
Joe367 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 14:35   #18

Pending challans and all is okay but what about the under construction as well as newly inaugurated bridges falling left right and center all over India? What about the sinkholes forming on newly laid roads? What about the bridge to nowhere in Mumbai, if I am correct, which was not aligned properly? What about the flooding of Pragati Maidan tunnel? What about the collapsing roofs at newly inaugurated airports? What about the death of that poor driver due to collapsing airport roof? What about the NEET paper leak?

Are these incidents not a burden on tax payers? I am 100% sure NO ONE will be held accountable for all of the above accidents. The Govt should stop acting as Shylock and fleece citizens. Ultimately it is us, the citizens who end up footing these bills and corrupt politicians filling up their pockets. The Govt should therefore stop pretending as though they are forced to do this due to unpaid challans and stop rampant corruption in their ranks and file.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th July 2024 at 23:44.
meisteramg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 16:27   #19
BHPian

IMO there is no need to panic. This rule shall never see the light of day. Banking is heavily regulated by RBI and there is no way any such request would be approved, unless it is implemented centrally, and for all states.

Secondly, it is highly unlikely that the current state government shall do anything to antagonize the people, given state elections are around the corner and the drumming they got in the recent elections.

This is just one of the many 'proposed' rules by the state government which never ever get implemented.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th July 2024 at 23:43. Reason: Para spacing.
nishantbhatia84 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 19:12   #20
BHPian

I think this rule should never see the light of the day as it can be used in wrong ways by the parking attendants, traffic police and what not.

Sharing a personal experience. I go to my Gym during night time around 8 - 9 PM. There is valid parking available and I park there. One issue there is that there are a lot of drunkards on the opposite side of the road due to a liquor shop nearby.

So I mostly park in a place a little away from these people. One day I normally parked my car in the LEGAL parking space and went to my gym. I come back to the car after exercising and go home. After 2 days I get a E - challan for 1500 for parking in the wrong space. The irony being, in the picture given my car is within the boundary lines. I asked around in the gym and no one has ever seen such a case, maybe bad luck . Most possible reasoning I could get it some drunkard parking attendant out of jealousy or what not just did an illegitimate challan of my vehicle and I don't know what to do about it now.

This law can be good, but can also be used by such people to extract revenge and what not.

This happened with me in Noida sector 37, the parking opposite Belmont Hotel, happened 2 - 3 weeks ago.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th July 2024 at 23:43. Reason: Multiple edits for grammar, punctuation and caps where needed (i —> I). Please type properly.
Old 4th July 2024, 19:13   #21

I am okay with this if the bureaucrats and politicians bank accounts get linked in the first stage of the rollout..
Jimnyuser is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 19:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Will backfire.

Institutionally banks and road transport department should be kept separate. One is a company (private/public limited) other is a state govt machinery. And a TN car can get a challan in MH or DL. How will that state have rights to claim money from a bank branch in Chennai?!

Can get messy.

Main point - Some banks are listed. God Forbid, this gets implemented and some data comes out saying a particular bank is Pro-Govt and more such challans are debited from ones account - this new clip can break his share value in BSE.

Easier solution is to cancel the 15 year RC book rule. Make it 3 years for new car/bike/truck and after 3rd year, you goto RTO for a full check and renewal of RC/Number plate.

This way Govt also gets some funds from a vehicle every year and also can ensure the penalties/fines are paid off regularly. Insurance renewal can be declined if fines are not paid off. There are so many ways to ensure the e-Challan is paid off.
svsantosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 20:56   #23
Team-BHP Support

The first thing these guys need to do is penalise illegal plates. Else people like us are challlaned while some of the worst offenders keep getting away because their plates are absent / not even readable.

I’d also be wary at their ability to keep this mischief or hack proof. I wouldn’t want any system to have a free run at my back account. The proposal is absolutely ludicrous.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 21:06   #24
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Next up - Income tax deduction based on your transactions. PAN and Bank are already linked!
MT_Hyderabad is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 22:21   #25
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Please link bank account of road contractors for giving us worst roads in India. Maharashtra has one of the worst roads around India. Be it roads within city or highways.

Making motorists accountable for their misdeeds and we poor citizens are now threatened for all sorts of compulsory penalties. This is ridiculous. Unfortunately we have no system in place where any so called system has any chance for debate. I was recently charged 2k for going 3 kms above normal speed on Eastern Express free way. All over the world there is some provision for speed variations.

I am no way advocating any levy to anyone breaking law. But am against the way law are enforced one way towards motorists. Look at the condition of our NH to Ahmedabad/ Nashik. Barfiwala bridge and so on.

Innova, jumped signal at Dadar TT circle and banged my Superb right in front of Traffic police. And Police was least bothered to do anything. They simply asked me to go to nearest police station and lodge complaint. This was first time in 35 yrs of my driving I had such bad accident and now claimed Insurance (all my cars had no claim till date). He could have been charged right there for jumping signal but the same was not implemented.

Sorry for the rant but am strictly against anyone poking their nose in to my bank account especially Govt which has no accountability towards us.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th July 2024 at 23:42. Reason: Some typos, spacing etc.
Satkaj is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 10:37   #26
BHPian

Absolutely ridiculous request by the traffic department. They are using this current system not to improve the traffic situation but as a medium of money collection. I have got a challan for no parking where it can be clearly seen that my mother was getting of the vehicle and the parking lights were on of the vehicle. I raised a grievance on their portal, but eventually had to pay the fine as they rejected the grievance stating that an on-duty officer has taken the photo and it is assumed to be correct.

I have seen traffic officers at 2AM (mark the time), taking photos of vehicles outside metro cinema. It's agreed that the place has no parking, but 2AM are also not traffic hours.

I have a house very close to the Maharashtra CM's residence and the lane outside my building permits only parking on one side. The second you park on the other side, a traffic police will come and levy a challan. However every evening and night during meetings at the the CM residence, there is a line of vehicles parked in the 'No Parking' causing inconvenience, however there is no policing to these guys. The law system in this country is absolutely rubbish and a eye wash only meant for the commoners and not for the bureaucrats and the powerful.

Just read on what happen to the family in the Pune accident case. It's a sad state of affairs!
BHPjunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 19:14   #27
BHPian

1984 in full force shortly.

First up there was Fastag - still have no idea why it should be linked to one vehicle with aadhaar, RC etc.

The government could have easily addressed this with prepaid cards as all they need is toll payment. Now its been taken up a notch with GPS.

Most Viewed