Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2023, 21:19   #16
BHPian

Re: PUC centres mandated to record videos during vehicle checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
I paid 225 for 1 year validity in Pune. Did I get cheated?
Yes, you were. Its 125 for petrol and 150 for diesel car.

Last edited by graaja : 31st December 2023 at 21:37. Reason: Minor grammar
Vernafied is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 22:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
PUC testing for private cars is a pain. To be done every 6 months. Most Emission testing centers are unable to test diesel cars which cannot overrev in neutral.
I'm facing the same problem with my BS6 Compass Diesel. The only good thing is I only need to go through this pain once a year.

In my case, the test center guy refused to do the testing saying something along the lines of "K value won't get detected".

Can anyone suggest any test center in Bangalore where I can get the test done, preferably near Whitefield please? Any leads would be appreciated. My PUC is already expired, so keen to get it done as soon as possible.
Old 1st January 2024, 00:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernafied View Post
Yes, you were. Its 125 for petrol and 150 for diesel car.
Or maybe the rate is different in pune. I see Adiiityaaa also mentioned paying 125 for 6 months validity. Then 225 for 1 years seems reasonable (25 rs discount for full year)

Edit :- I checked my PUC details online and it says fees is 125. So he indeed charged me more. Its not worth going and fighting for (I paid via google pay so I have the transaction details) but I will remember for next time.

Last edited by Zippy_wheels : 1st January 2024 at 01:08. Reason: Added an afterthought
Old 1st January 2024, 03:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_wheels View Post
Or maybe the rate is different in pune. I see Adiiityaaa also mentioned paying 125 for 6 months validity. Then 225 for 1 years seems reasonable (25 rs discount for full year)

Edit :- I checked my PUC details online and it says fees is 125. So he indeed charged me more. Its not worth going and fighting for (I paid via google pay so I have the transaction details) but I will remember for next time.
Yeah, charging extra is a norm in small town. But in Pune thats something new. In Thane i pay exact 125 for Petrol and 150 for Diesel. Validity for BS3 is 6 months and for BS4/BS6 its 1 year.
Vernafied is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 07:38   #20
BHPian

I think if this helps them in curbing fake certificates, this might turn out great. However, the skeptic in me says that the testing personnel will find loopholes in this too. For some years now every time I've gotten the check done, it carries the photo of the number plate, usually taken from a webcam attached to the testing machine - so as to confirm the vehicle being present and tested at the center. But this time (Oct' 23), the guy just clicked it on his mobile (not connected to the machine by any physical wire), and the certificate still had the pic, which I think may lead to manipulation, as the vehicle being tested may not be the vehicle which is being put on the certificate if this pic can be clicked remotely. I think this video step is to curb this loophole, let's see how successful it is.
Old 1st January 2024, 08:02   #21
IMP
BHPian

It is a pointless exercise. I haven’t heard of any vehicle failing a PUC test. If the PUC test was accurate, consistent and thorough enough then we would see that some people were struggling to get a PUC for their vehicles, and would have to get their vehicles fixed if it failed.

Also issuing a PUC is linked directly to the income of the PUC center operator. Failing a vehicle equals no income.
Old 1st January 2024, 08:43   #22
BHPian

I've been getting the certificates from this place in Chennai for the last several years. It used to be once in 6 months and then it was made once a year. The place that I go to is pretty decent and the process takes about 10 mins or so including revving up to get the required RPM. The place is probably one of the best ones that I've come across, pretty neat and has good access. The pollution database is directly linked to the vehicle's records and gets updated. I pay Rs.200 which is the amount printed on the certificate. Rgds, Balaji

Most Viewed