Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2024, 09:37   #76
BHPian

Re: Bangalore: Shoffr airport cab service; an alternative to Ola/Uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspatra View Post
Are there any reliable cab service for 5 person transfers to the cabin. I look forward to take my family to the airport in the coming weeks. ( All are adults, I looked into shoffr but they say 4 person cabs ) Should I try my luck with Ola/Uber SUVs ?
You can try 2 cabs from BluSmart. Fare will be nearly comparable to 1 Shoffr.
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 12:41   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
The price difference is not so much that BluSmart costs just half. From my place to the airport, BlueSmart charges 13xx while the same in Shoffr is 15xx. Booking an Innova from a local travel agent would be better for 5 people IMO.

Last edited by Jaguar : 15th May 2024 at 12:42.
Old 15th May 2024, 12:52   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The price difference is not so much that BluSmart costs just half. From my place to the airport, BlueSmart charges 13xx while the same in Shoffr is 15xx. Booking an Innova from a local travel agent would be better for 5 people IMO.
Maybe for longer distances, Shoffr is cheaper, as from my place, BluSmart is ~700, and Shoffr is ~1300.

OP, you can check exact fare acc to distance, and compare.

Last edited by Caffeinated : 15th May 2024 at 12:53.
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 14:29   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Alternate option is to check if BMTC volvo is an option for you.
Unfortunately two of them are in their 80s so not a option. Although I did consider sending them in a cab along with luggage. Meanwhile others could come via BMTC. Thanks for your inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyG View Post
You can try Wegacabs for booking larger vehicles. They are generally cheaper than Uber / Ola and have been reliable so far.
This seems like a good option with clearly indicated vehicle types. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
Okay so after much consideration I think it will be cheaper, easier and more convenient to drive my own vehicle to the airport and park it over there. Calculating for 9 days of vacation, the cost comes to 3050. I think this would be cheaper than all the options. Thank you everyone.
Old 17th May 2024, 10:37   #80
BHPian

I used the service in March and April (Padmanabha Nagar -> KIA) to and from. An outstanding experience. Return journey was costlier by 10 Rs. Totally Paid 1,350 + 1,450 INR. I would use them again if required. Clean, nice electric cars, dressed up drivers, and a silent cabin. I think I also observed a 80 kmph speed governor. Just fantastic.
Old 14th July 2024, 21:10   #81
BHPian

Update to my previous post on this thread: used shoffr for 3 trips (6 rides) and no surprises nor any dissatisfaction though there were few minor points as below:

1. Once the cab for onward travel was late by a minute or two, and just before that drivers number was not reachable. However helpdesk assured driver was on his way and would call me back, and the driver did call me in few minutes. It was close, but nothing to be worried about.

2. Flight got delayed after boarding and while landing as well. Just after landing driver called and said he was trying to reach me for long. I had no option but to say my flight was mid air and hence he couldn’t reach. To that his response was that it’s too late already since the booking time and I had to express my helplessness since the delay was beyond my control. However he quickly became normal (as I felt from his tone) and said he would pick me. And after that everything was fine.

3. Another case of delayed landing (about 20 mins delay and another 10 mins to get out) driver connected and picked me up without any fuss. Later I noticed WhatsApp messages from helpdesk enquiring if I was not boarding the cab since it was already late (past my booked time). It was the same helpdesk WhatsApp number where I had complained about delay in pick up and inconvenience (detailed in my previous post). They never replied to my suggestions nor messages back then. However they did seem act this time when I got delayed pretty swiftly.

4. Driver and vehicle number sent on message was different than the one that came to pick me. On asking, I was told the other car was going for outstation and this guy got a different car. However, I overheard the conversation where the driver of my car instructed the other driver on other end of the phone that he has picked up the pax and to start the trip (on their app?) before he started to drive me back home. No untoward incident nor anything that actually impacted me. However, I gave a lower rating for this issue after the end of trip. Promptly helpdesk called me to understand the reason for lower rating. But I am not aware of what happened later (nor earlier too)

5. Again delayed landing and this time it was my mistake that I told I was walking out, but changed my mind and got delayed in the terminal. When I reached the pick-up point the car was not there. Car was moved since parking monitors did not allow the car to be parked there for long. So car had to go around and come back to pick me that took about 10 minutes. But then I was kept informed by the driver about this.

In summary, life is still better with shoffr. Good going so far and hope to get better support in future. Not that it’s not working now - but there is always room for improvement.
G-BoleroBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 15:28   #82
BHPian

Latest update: I had booked Shoffr for Monday morning trip to airport. Sunday i got an email from Shoffr as well as from CEO that the services are being suspended since they have some issues with local police. Not sure when the services would resume. Hope they do inform once they resume their services.
Old 10th September 2024, 22:13   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Latest update: I had booked Shoffr for Monday morning trip to airport. Sunday i got an email from Shoffr as well as from CEO that the services are being suspended since they have some issues with local police. Not sure when the services would resume. Hope they do inform once they resume their services.
Booked today morning itself for Airport drop. So looks like the operations started again.

Although pickup got delayed by 10 min, contrary to usual early arrival at location
Old 10th September 2024, 23:19   #84
BHPian

Initially, Shoffr cars were well-maintained, and the drivers provided excellent service, which made me a regular customer for all my airport runs. However, I've recently noticed a decline in the quality of their vehicles, which are now as worn down as those of any other taxi operator in India. They've also been hiring inexperienced drivers. On my last two trips, the drivers struggled to navigate Bangalore traffic. To make matters worse, I realized today that their customer support is almost non-existent. I booked a cab from T2 to my place, which was confirmed. However, 10 minutes before the pickup time, I received a message that the driver had changed. Everything seemed fine until I arrived at the pickup point on time. I checked the map, and the driver appeared to be nearby. After waiting 10 minutes, I checked again, only to see that the car hadn’t moved and was parked at a charging station. I tried reaching customer care via WhatsApp, and after a 10-minute wait, they responded, saying they were checking with the team. Another 10 minutes passed with no response from either customer service or the driver. Frustrated, I decided to cancel the ride and instead went to the BluSmart pickup point.
Old 11th September 2024, 01:04   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Haven't used their services but I used to appreciate their spotless shining black cars running on the road. But not anymore. They look pretty rundown these days.

My regular taxi guy tells me that several drivers on the fleet are from his village (North Karnataka) and they keep sharing their experience. The cars are not maintained well and running on worn out tyres. Scratches and dents are ignored. There's this occasional delay in their salaries as well. Seems what started so nicely, isn't running as nicely.
Old 11th September 2024, 07:35   #86
Senior - BHPian

I had high hopes of Shoffr. Bootstrapped passionate company. First class fleet. Lovely clean and silent cars. Proper uniformed chauffeurs. No uncomfortable smells in the vehicles. Etc.

They are rapidly going downhill the way both Uber and Ola did. I have begun to hate Uber and Ola in India. I thought I had found the correct alternative in Shoffr and Blu Smart.

Blu Smart is still good as of now. Shoffr isn’t because they have become unreliable and maintenance is poor and so on.

It seems that our much vaunted startups are simply unable to handle scale.
Old 11th September 2024, 09:42   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Agreed. The last shoffer EV cab we got had B-A-L-D tyres at the front and it was raining! This is a safety hazard .The interior was also shabby with stains on the seats. They really need to pull up their socks now.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 11th September 2024 at 09:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks