Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 21:04   #76
BHPian

Re: Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Bikers acting like a hooligan gang in the name of showing "solidarity". They know it is perfectly safe to do so. If the property belonged to a powerful politician or thug, they wouldn't dare.

I wonder what would be the reaction if the bikers were men and the lawyer was a woman?
May be men would have respected the woman lawyer and left from the spot.

Let's not say what if this or that.

2 ladies stopped by the road side after a long ride in the afternoon to drink water!

The lawyer could have politely told it's not safe as it's a curve please find a safe spot under a shade and drink water or he could have offered the shade and cold water.

He didn't do that? Did he?

Now what if the lawyer with his old mom and dad was on a road trip and stopped by the roadside for the exact same reason.

Will he like it if someone behaved with him in the same way he did with those ladies!!!

If only the world was so considerate and compassionate with each other, Elon Musk wouldn't be exploring habitat on Mars.

Peace.

Last edited by matchvan : 9th March 2023 at 21:05.
matchvan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 22:49   #77
BHPian

After more evidence, now it is clear that he was pointing at that little gate next to where they had stopped indicating that they were obstructing his entry to that gate. A farm/garden/orchard or whatever.

Obviously the women had no clue about it and just stopped randomly.

First trigger was from that guy's father who is heard hurling abuses before advocate starts his march towards them. He could have just requested them and they would have moved. Instead he ordered them and triggered their ego.

Each one of us would have reacted differently there. I would have said " yeah yeah moving one sec", moved a few meters, turned back and let fly all the choicest words, and disappeared .
Nalin1 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 09:34   #78
BHPian

Irrespective of whether legal or illegal to stop there, disturbing farmer's peace, farmer assuming everyone's a thief. I happen to believe that there are way more amiable ways to resolve a situation then what the farmer family did, despite having an educated lawyer in the family the way addressed what they think the problem was is WRONG.

We should take lesson from the fellow BHPian on how he handled the situation with what happened here. (Neighbour crashes her car into my BMW 630d in the parking area) here the loss in terms of monetary/emotionally is way more than someone just standing outside your door.

Moreover the irony is that there are people defending the lawyer here and then there are people asking the BHPian that he shouldn't have collected the damage money for his BMW.
udzgodfather is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 10:33   #79
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if the land owner is a farmer. I heard him talk in one of the vlogs and he was boasting about being in the Navy and posted at Kochi, Vishakapatnam.. He would have bought the land years ago and started cultivation on a small scale as a retirement pass time.
My assumption is that the father was keeping watch when the riders blocked his view and then it escalated. It also looked like the advocate was waiting to make cases out of trivial matters. Maybe he was sitting and reading law points in his tights when this issue landed in his lap.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 11:06   #80
BHPian

I believe the lawyer has everything going his side apart from public opinions.

Let's understand that nice road IS a private property. We don't know what agreement Nandi infrastructure has with the land owners.

You pay toll to traverse the road, toll booth to toll booth. Not stand on on the road. There is no justification of breakdown. He has evidence they are on private property. The advocate claims he has documents to prove it is his property.

He has his video evidence of asking the motorcyclists to move and not escalate the situation (verbal warning). His argument will be the motorcyclists were misbehaving and he reached out to the keys after they did not heed to his request.

Not sure what kind of penalty the court would impose for taking away the keys when on private property.

BHPians have issues if people cut cake on nice road saying it's an expressway and is dangerous. The place where they are standing is still a part of the expressway until they exit the toll.

Why do we have to believe whatever the motorcyclists has to say is true. There could have been a story to before the video started.

I am an avid motorcyclists myself. I am going to leave that sentiment aside. I can't understand this concept of aam junta judgment without absolute proof.

However, He claims the lawyers have rights to detain a guilty person. Not sure of that information.

Last edited by anilupadhya : 10th March 2023 at 11:13.
anilupadhya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 11:39   #81
KPR
BANNED

I'm waiting for tomorrow being a weekend/holiday and see what many YouTube riders are planning to do! Hope lawyer is waiting in his shorts too.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 11:44   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandrive View Post
I know its not a popular opinion on the forum and since this incident has taken the identity politics shape I might get cancelled and people call me names, that's the sad reality of the world we live today. But being a farmers son I can relate to his anxiety. I know what my parents go through for months when a simple banana stalk gets stolen from our farm, its never about the monetary loss, its about the emotional attachment and losing the fruits of years of hard work. Its exactly the same feeling if you lose your pet puppies to road side thieves repeatedly. I have made the mistake of telling my parents that I would compensate them 1000 times the monetary loss if they stop worrying about it, but I have learnt my lessons, apparently there are things which money can not buy.
A particular spot on the plantation boundary, which started-off as a pit stop for the biker gangs (on the way to Ooty) slowly turned to become some sort of pubic toilet strewn with contrabands, cigarette butts, liquor bottles, and well a lot of other nasty stuff. The caretaker was manhandled sometime ago when he asked these people to move away. Ofcourse, he belongs to the local tribe and can't speak English. The discrimination on the basis of the language is a different topic altogether. These hooligans started to throw liquor bottles into the plantation which made life dangerous and miserable for the estate workers. We decided to go legal, got the cops involved, installed CCTV with microphones and now the cops are tracking every vehicle that passes through the stretch.

A group was reprimanded. In the begininnig it was all naming calling and attitude. But as soon as they figured out that it was getting serious, the most convinent words that can get anyone out of a siutuation were being sprinked upon libererally - freedom, women's rights, empowerment, and finally langauage and some politics. Hmm! I didnt want to ruin their fun trip and requested the cops to let them go, but with a stern warning.
Anyways, the menace has finally stopped. So, being a part-time farmer myself, and a motorcycle enthusiast, I fully empathise with you.

Just wanted to re-iterate there are always two sides to a coin. Like some others have pointed out, there must be more to it that doesn't meet the eye. When was the last time these very media houses took up issues on road safety, accidents, and mugging incidents in the very same NICE road?? Just because there are women involved, I feel the issue is hyped up. Whatever happened to gender equality!

Again, I aint responding to personal attacks.
jeeva is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 12:19   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilupadhya View Post

Let's understand that nice road IS a private property. We don't know what agreement Nandi infrastructure has with the land owners.

You pay toll to traverse the road, toll booth to toll booth.
I will admit this has been a revelation around this incident, although I was puzzled earlier how come this very important toll road refused to take fastag. Now realisation has dawned.

I cannot think of too many roads (let's call them highways) one drives through paying toll, where the roads and land are private! This calls for a different orientation in one's mind and conduct (like driving through a reserve forest bound by additional rules)
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 13:28   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilupadhya View Post
Let's understand that nice road IS a private property.
It is privately owned property open for public-use. The owner might have specific rules but general public-rules apply.
Quote:
However, He claims the lawyers have rights to detain a guilty person. Not sure of that information.
Maybe he meant citizen arrest - https://indiankanoon.org/doc/73521/. But the caveats are,
1) Crime must be non-bailable
2) Must be produced at the nearest police station without delay.

Forget non-bailable offense, there is no crime committed by the ladies. Stopping by the side of the public road is acceptable behavior.
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 14:50   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Maybe he meant citizen arrest
Lawyers don’t have any special right to “arrest” other citizens. Or any special privilege, except that they know the law. Abc can fight their own cases for free.

Any private citizen can detain another in case of a “cognizable” offence, which usually means a heinous crime, like murder, rape, etc.
one-77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 14:56   #86
BHPian

Both sides are at fault. Some serious and some Idiotic faults.

The Riders:
1: The lady bikers stopped on a highway(for whatever reason), that too on what seemed like a curve.
2: They should have just left once that old man started shouting from the opposite end.
We drive with families or even solo in unknown areas, and the golden rule is don't stop for anyone or anything on the road regardless of situation. Personal safety and family first.
These women riders should be even more aware of the various situations and incidents on the road, as they seem educated, and should have taken off and stopped ahead a bit. They chose to escalate.

The owner:
1: If he's regularly inconvenienced by such a thing. Why not just put a notice on a board near the gate along his fence (No blocking the gate or stopping near it. You'll be considered as trespassers)
He can then simply point to the notice and the gate and then move on.
2: Arguments with complete strangers near your house. You don't know the other person but they now know you and your house, idiotic thing to do.
3: Dangerously crossing the highway and taking law in hand and snatching keys. He was also taking a video but seemed overzealous and agressive.

I'm sure there are thousands such incidents happening everyday, but are resolved amicably or solutions are found instead of doing this social media drama.

Last edited by PrasadS : 10th March 2023 at 14:59. Reason: Rephrased a sentence to avoid confusion
PrasadS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 18:32   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like its not an one off incident where people have stopped in front of advocate's father's farm gate and stolen his farm produce. After repeated incidents I guess now he believes who ever stops there, are thieves and purpose of stopping is to steal his farm produce. ...

If you watch the video old man is abusing (asking them to move) the bikers thinking that they are male bikers,
I would say bikers are the ones who harassed the old man by stopping at a place (next to his farms gate) which is illegal to do so, there are no emergency lane or space. .
Laughable excuses to be honest. Please tell me a single street/road/highway/even expressway in this country where people have not stopped on the existing or non-existing shoulders. Stopping on the shoulders per se is not illegal (they were parked outside the lines if I remember). The shoulders are there for exactly that reason - to stop in an emergency or for a need.

I don't condone people parking partly on the traveling lanes and I get frustrated seeing that often, and we all need to be educated about the danger and even how it might be illegal. Even if they were wrong, the father and son duo should have called the police, not take the law in their hands.

I love how you were for both the road law not being respected and also supporting vigilantism at the same time.

Being a farmer or professional or whoever it is does not give them special privilege to act abhorrently against people and be a vigilante (snatching the key and running away).

If they have grievance with NICE, the state government, local government, police etc. , it does not give them a right to act out on the people minding their own business.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 10th March 2023 at 18:39.
Yieldway17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 18:46   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
What I understand is that the women were trying to relieve themselves
How did you come to this understanding? The video as far as I could tell is very clear and the lady riders have not even switched off the bike engine. It is very clear that there is not enough privacy or easy access for even men to relieve themselves at the said point. The tolls are also equipped with toilets and women in general are well aware of this facility. Request you to not fall for such cock n bull stories or spread them casually.

Quote:
Looks like its not an one off incident where people have stopped in front of advocate's father's farm gate and stolen his farm produce.
Any source to this or it is something now being used by the asailant?

---------------------------------------

Am really amused by the amount of online analysis of this incident. What joy do we get in taking such silly stance for debate sake?

It is very clear that it was a hero-panti gone bad incident by the so called advocate and family. If it was a bunch of local rider boys, the advocate mostly would have got what he deserved and really needed to file a valid case. Even if the lady riders were upto some kind of peegate or gonein60secondsbananas mode, there is a way to address and communicate. An educated lawyer should have that much basic sense and could have backed off, and politely requested the riders when he saw them at close. But NO! he just put on his bully am the lord of the land mode and went berserk.

Stopping by the road (do note this is not even the actual NICE corridor but one of the entry/exit points that are supposed to be taken slow), for a sip of water and that too by 3 small bikes without causing any kind of blocks to the traffic is perfectly fine. Especially if the riders are exhausted, it is best that they stop and take that sip rather than risk getting into the faster corridor and land in greater risk.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th March 2023 at 19:11.
Jaggu is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 18:55   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
What I understand is that the women were trying to relieve themselves, it must have happened in the past too, any house owner would object to such act within his premises. Lack of adequate public toilet on this expensive expressway should have triggered a protest from the public rather than this kind of solidarity.
There are two problems with your statement.

First, post a source for your theory of them relieving themselves in their property or clarify that it's a speculation from your part.

Second, the road is not within his premise. I can't say what happened before the video started, maybe they got down from their bikes and crossed into their property, or maybe not. We all can speculate our own theories until the facts come out or maybe it never will or can't be proven. Just don't make up things on the go.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 10th March 2023 at 18:57.
Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 19:23   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Stopping by the road ...... without causing any kind of blocks to the traffic is perfectly fine.
How/why is this even encouraged?

What would happen if someone pulls out from a blind spot to overtake. As per markings on the road they have room to overtake.

Last edited by anilupadhya : 10th March 2023 at 19:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks