Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2013, 10:03   #346

Re: Longest Drives!

I've done a few crazy drives over the past few years, but the one I'd like to call out was a long 7000+ kms road trip over 12 days last year. We covered the Indian states of Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, J&K, Ladakh, Himachal, Uttaranchal, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, and the entire stretch across Nepal and Bhutan. We started from Delhi in June last year, and after a 2 day halt at Leh, started on a non stop drive from Leh to Tezu (Arunachal Pradesh), covering Nepal and Bhutan in the interim, ending finally at Tezu in Arunachal Pradesh. The stretch from Leh to Tezu (5391 kms) consitututes the Trans Himalayan Challenge in the Limca Book of Records, and we were able to create this record for the first time for a four wheeler. We drove a Toyota Fortuner

The complete itinerary was as follows:
Delhi - Srinagar - Leh - Khardungla - Manali - Mandi - Shimla - Hatkoti - Chakrata - Mussoorie - Tehri - Srinagar - Karnaprayag - Gwaldam - Almora - Tanakpur - <Nepal> Mahendranagar - Nepalganj - Butwal - Pokhara - Kathmandu - Thankot - Hetauda - Birtamod - Pashupatinagar - <India> Darjeeling - Jorethang - Gangtok - Rhenock - Garubathan - Nagrakata - Phuntsholling - <Bhutan> Thimpu - Wangdie - Tronghsa - Bumthang - Mongar - Tashigang - Samdrup Zongkar - <India> Daranga - Udalguri - Orang - Bhalukpong - Itanagar - North Lakhimpur - Dhemaji - Daring - Pasighat - Roing - Tezu

Cheers
Arya
Arya12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 16:12   #347
Senior - BHPian

Did my longest drive 2 days ago. Started from Bankura in West Bengal at 8-20 am to Vijawada. Reached Vijayawada next day at 2-30pm.

Close to 30 hrs of driving covering 1500km, with breaks for food etc in between.

Had my wife and 2 kids aged 3 yrs with me in my Punto.
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 17:38   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Did my longest drive 2 days ago. Started from Bankura in West Bengal at 8-20 am to Vijawada. Reached Vijayawada next day at 2-30pm.

Close to 30 hrs of driving covering 1500km, with breaks for food etc in between.

Had my wife and 2 kids aged 3 yrs with me in my Punto.

Which route did you take from Bankura to Kharagpur.
How was the road conditions between Rambha- Berhampur stretch post cyclone. Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 18:39   #349
Senior - BHPian

The shorter route via Bankura-Bishnupur-KGP is in very poor condition as I found last year http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2961922 . I took the route via Kolkata .

I did not find any problems anywhere on the highways post cyclone Phailin . At a BP bunk, I was talking to a pump attendant and he was telling me of flooding in Berhampur , but nothing on the highways.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 06:19   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya12 View Post
stretch from Leh to Tezu (5391 kms) consitututes the Trans Himalayan Challenge in the Limca Book of Records, and we were able to create this record for the first time for a four wheeler. We drove a Toyota Fortuner

The complete itinerary was as follows:
Delhi - Srinagar - Leh - Khardungla - Manali - Mandi - Shimla - Hatkoti - Chakrata - Mussoorie - Tehri - Srinagar - Karnaprayag - Gwaldam - Almora - Tanakpur - <Nepal> Mahendranagar - Nepalganj - Butwal - Pokhara - Kathmandu - Thankot - Hetauda - Birtamod - Pashupatinagar - <India> Darjeeling - Jorethang - Gangtok - Rhenock - Garubathan - Nagrakata - Phuntsholling - <Bhutan> Thimpu - Wangdie - Tronghsa - Bumthang - Mongar - Tashigang - Samdrup Zongkar - <India> Daranga - Udalguri - Orang - Bhalukpong - Itanagar - North Lakhimpur - Dhemaji - Daring - Pasighat - Roing - Tezu

Cheers
Arya
Wow! What a start from u....can u share more details on this, but in Travelogues section
Old 8th November 2013, 02:41   #351
BHPian

Mine was in 2009 from San Francisco to Vancouver in a Honda CRV with a few stop overs almost 1600kms each way . So you may call it a cross country adventure excepts hat it was from south to north.

What I love about this ride is most of my drive was on a single freeway I-5 ( it touches 3 countries Canada, USA and Mexico) along the pacific coast. Completed one stretch in close to 20hrs because I took few breaks. Considering that driving is a pleasure and less bumpy on those roads it could be finished earlier.

Way I see it happening here on our roads - The day is not far where Mumbai to Delhi frequent trips are no more a once in a while thing. Take for example NH8. The newly built Dahisar to Gujarat stretch of NH8 has drastically reduced travel time. Agonies of the past on this stretch are a history. Thanks to NHAI Or IRB or whichever govt wants to take credit for the same.
TMRT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 11:20   #352
BHPian

Did my longest drive yet this diwali. Bhilai - Hyd : a total distance of 750 kms in my Verna, total time taken : 12 hours thanks to under construction roads in Maharashtra.

Had a stop over at Hyd for the night and then did Hyd - Blr next day. Distance of 560 kms in 6 blissful hours.
Freebird82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 14:13   #353
BHPian

I know this is late, still posting it Last year did Mumbai - Bangaluru and return in car.

Total took almost 20 hrs while reaching Bangy due to busted tyre and associated drama.

Return was in 17 hrs with lunch and dinner stopovers.

Total distance covered 21xx km in 3 days

Last edited by Firebird : 13th November 2013 at 14:16.
Firebird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 15:55   #354
BHPian

Suddenly saw this thread while browsing, wanted to mention a drive which was special to me. It was my 1st big drive in Dec 2011.

Day 1 :

Kolkata - Choudwar - Sambalpur - Raipur - Bhillai :

Total travelled : 1028 kms
Total time taken : 17 hrs 50 mins
Halts for P stops, diesel fillup and lunch :1hr 40 min

Day 2 :

Bhillai -Nagpur - Akola - Khamgaon - Bhusaval - Jalgaon - Dhule - Malegaon - Nashik -Thane - Mumbai :

Total travelled : 1155 kms
Total time taken : 21 hrs 45 mins (8.30 am to 6.15 am)
Halts for P stops, diesel fillup and lunch : 2.5 hrs

Did many a long drives after this, but this 2 consecutive days were really special to me.
A.G.The Rambler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 01:25   #355
BHPian

Did my longest drive from Miami to Detroit. It was a 20 Hr drive around 1400miles. I did that in a Cadillac Escalade and trust me it was like travelling on a sofa. Very comfortable trip.
V12Doc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 15:41   #356
BHPian

Well since this topic does not suggest whether its a one day or multi day drive, i think i will raise my hand.

My longest drive (multi day) has been Mumbai to Rajasthan, full circle Rajasthan and Back.

The longest single day would have been Mumbai to Goa.

But all this is scheduled to change come Jan 1st 2014. Hoping to write more on that later!
palitrana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 20:58   #357
BHPian

Interesting Thread.

My longest drive has been From Bangalore to Prayag (Allahabad) and Varanasi for Kumbh Mela and Back to Bangalore from March 8th (9:30 AM departure) to 12th 2013 (reached around 06:00 hours at Home at Bangalore) in my 10 year old Indica DLS. Total distance covered was about roughly 3900+ Kms

In the above trip, the longest single drive was from Jabalpur to Bangalore Via Nagpur-Hyderabad-Blr, about 1380 Kms in one sitting, stops for fuel and food only.

On my Motorcycle, the Kawa Elim, my longest has been from Bangalore to Shirdi in 1 day, a distance of about 1000+ Kms.
ashkamath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 08:49   #358
Senior - BHPian

My longest drive till date has been Pune to Bangalore and back. The onward journey of approximately 845 kms took us 11.5 hrs with breaks only for fueling and one tea break. It was my first long drive (more than 250kms at one go) and was pleasantly surprised by my Punto's comfort levels. Both me and my wife weren't too tired after the 11+ hrs of almost non stop driving.

Return journey with two breaks and a detour took us close to 13.5 hrs.

In all I drove close to 2100 kms in 4 days (including travel within Bangalore).
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 17:27   #359
BHPian

Cochin - Kozhikode - Wayanad - Chamarajnagar - Satyamangalam - Yercaud - Pondicherry - Chennai..!!

Close to 1000KMS
84 U-Bends
15Km/Lt Avg (Diesel)
Rs. 600+ in tolls

On my Nissan Sunny
Old 19th February 2014, 17:49   #360
BHPian

The longest till date for me has been about 3200 Kms. I was posted in a place called Vijayanarayanam near Tirunelveli in Tamilnadu and was transferred to Delhi. Did the trip in my Indica way back in 2006. On the way visited my relatives and my parents. The route which I took was as follows:-

Day 1:- Vijayanarayanam-->Nanguneri-->Nagercoil-->Trivandrum-->Alleppey
Day 2:- Alleppey-->Palakkad
Day 3:- Palakkad-->Kasargod-->Mangalore-->Udupi
Day 4:- Udupi-->Ankola-->Hubli-->Belgaum-->Pune-->Mumbai
Day 5 & 6:- Rest Days
Day 7:- Mumbai-->Valsad-->Bharuch-->Baroda
Day 8:- Baroda-->Ahmedabad-->Udaipur-->Jaipur-->Gurgaon-->Delhi

Those days GPS was not available and atlas was the only saviour
ramsnavy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks