Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2022, 17:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

PUC of cars with BH registration

Anybody done PUC testing for a BH registered car in the recent past or planning to do in the coming days in Bangalore? Pls share the testing centre details if available.

Do the PUC testing centre accept BH registrations? I enquired with one vendor at a Fuel station and they flatly refused coz there weren't able to enter the registration number in the database.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 17:31   #2
BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Anybody done PUC testing for a BH registered car in the recent past or planning to do in the coming days in Bangalore? Pls share the testing centre details if available.

Do the PUC testing centre accept BH registrations? I enquired with one vendor at a Fuel station and they flatly refused coz there weren't able to enter the registration number in the database.
Karnataka is using own software/database for PUCC. So, I am not surprised that the number validation fails. They screwed up (purposefully?) the BS4 category and gives only 6-month certificate.

Check here if the central application accepts the BH number.
https://puc.parivahan.gov.in/puc/vie...tificate.xhtml

Your best bet is a trip to Attibelle and check out TN PUC centers. I think TN uses parivahan application. Anyone from TN can confirm.
bejoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 17:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Check here if the central application accepts the BH number.
Unfortunately the Central application also throws the same error message of Invalid Registration when a BH number is entered. Surprisingly Karnataka is missing from the list of states in the application for reasons shared by you.

I called up the helpdesk number and as usual they turned out to be totally ignorant of the subject and asked me to connect to the local RTO.

I called up a contact in the MH RTO who shared a few e-mail ids and asked to me mail them for the issue.

So I guess I should be prepared to shell out money in case stopped by cops post the PUC validity date.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 12:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately the Central application also throws the same error message of Invalid Registration when a BH number is entered.

I called up a contact in the MH RTO who shared a few e-mail ids and asked to me mail them for the issue.
Kindly update the thread as the situation progresses. Do file a complaint on public grievance portal of GoI so that the issue is tackled at the highest level.
https://pgportal.gov.in
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 18:01   #5
Team-BHP Support

Re: PUC of cars with BH registration

PUC of cars with BH registration - Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 16th December 2022, 18:54   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The remedy will be to draft an application and post it here for all the aggrieved to follow up. It can also be posted on WhatsApp groups and on FB pages. Mass emails needs to be followed by hard copies sent by speed post/ registered post. These need to be addressed to the Joint Secretary (Transport), Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), Transport Bhavan, New Delhi 110 001.
(I can sense whose face pops up instantly on our mindsets when we speak about MoRTH)

His email id is: js-tpt@gov.in (Joint Secretary)
With cc to : secy-road@nic.in (Secretary, MoRTH)

To dilute the compulsory 15-49 year privately owned automobile scrapping draft policy hundreds of emails and regd/speed post letters were sent. The draft letter was circulated on teambhp.com and also on many WhatsApp Groups and on many FB car/ bike pages. Thankfully, the MoRTH diluted the proposed rules and compulsory scrapping didn't happen.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 16th December 2022 at 18:56.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 19:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Karnataka is using own software/database for PUCC. So, I am not surprised that the number validation fails. They screwed up (purposefully?) the BS4 category and gives only 6-month certificate.

Hmm.. thats the reason I visit the Maruti service centre who provide a PUCC for 1yr.

For outside centers, the key is to make them select BS4 in the software before they start capturing the readings.

These chaps plug in the default (bs3 or something) in the software and then feign ignorance of any such option to select the vehicle type or tell you to inform them the next time around stating that they have already taken the reading.

You need to warn them before they insert the pipe into the exhaust. Do try this next time around and let us know if it works:-)

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st December 2022 at 12:34. Reason: spacing for improved readability
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 11:28   #8

Did you get any leads on PUCC certificate for BH Registration?

I'm in Bangalore too, will check the local emission testing centers and let you know if i get it done.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st December 2022 at 12:34. Reason: spacing
Old 28th June 2023, 14:54   #9
BHPian

Got the PUC done for my BH registered vehicle in Mumbai last week for one year.
I noticed that the attendant manually fed the number plate details.

Am not sure what is the situation in TN or KA.
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 12:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

I did get the PUC done for my vehicle in Jan 2023 and the validity as per the certificate issued was for 1 year. The PUC was done in Bangalore at an Emission center close to my place on Kogilu Road, Yelahanka. When I was checking the mParivahan app for my vehicle it showed the PUC to be expired on Jan 2023. I checked on the Parivahan website and it throws an error saying "Registration number not available in PUC database". Surprisingly Karnataka state does not feature in the PUC website of Parivahan to check for the testing centers.

I checked with the Emission center person and he says that the updation in Parivahan website does not happen automatically since the testing and details were entered in the Karnataka PUC board website. If the KA PUC board would transmit the details, then the same would be updated in the Parivahan website. Since that is not happening, I will need to carefully keep the PUC certificate if asked for by authorities. I have checked the KA PUC website and can see the valid PUC details for my vehicle.

Anybody faced this issue? Let me know if I have to do something from my end.

Reason for this post is the PUC will be up for renewal check in a months time.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 22:23   #11

I have done it in Noida and had no hiccups. PUC certificate is valid for 1 year in my case.
Also, the status in mParivahan got updated the next day itself.
Old 6th December 2023, 07:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleggera13 View Post
I have done it in Noida and had no hiccups. PUC certificate is valid for 1 year in my case.
Also, the status in mParivahan got updated the next day itself.
Thanks for the info.
I am trying to upload the valid PUCC on mParivahan app and there seems to be a bug as the document does not get uploaded. Called up the mParivahan helpline and they kept repeating that I need to connect with Karnataka RTO to get the status sent to Parivahan website. Its futile to talk to Karnataka RTO for any assistance on this.
Old 6th December 2023, 08:49   #13

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
I am trying to upload the valid PUCC on mParivahan app and there seems to be a bug as the document does not get uploaded. Called up the mParivahan helpline and they kept repeating that I need to connect with Karnataka RTO to get the status sent to Parivahan website. Its futile to talk to Karnataka RTO for any assistance on this.
I suppose the information will get updated in mParivahan automatically, I have not uploaded any documents. Be it insurance, PUC, RC all are integrated to mParivahan database. Maybe you need to wait for some more days, as we always know how the government runs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks