Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 00:35   #31
BHPian

Re: Have you caught any bad habit due to car computers / electronics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvamshi04 View Post
I own an Altroz, this start/stop function is very sensitive, has landed me in sticky situations in bumper to bumper traffic and added to this a lethargic engine.
I too faced this at the time of my test drive & blocked some traffic behind at an important junction
SaiChaithanya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 07:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
1. Doors don’t unlock at speed
This is a news to me! Thank you. Now, I can breathe better.
Any idea on the speed until which the locks stay unlocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
2. Sir I would suggest you to please use child locks as every vehicle is equipped with an unlock switch on every door which may be triggered by children.
Of course, I'm doing it sir!
Old 15th December 2022, 10:46   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshye View Post

Another bad thing with Polo is, the lane change indicator blinks only thrice. It's too short a time to change lanes. Typically, we indicate lane change before we start the lane change maneuver. Under these 'typical' indication operations, many times, the indicator used to stop blinking while just one wheel of the car had crossed the lane marking, and 3 are still back in the original lane. Now I'm unsure if the following car has noticed my indicator, and if it is safe for me to join the new lane.

Guess what, I adapted. I started indicating just WHEN I START the lane change maneuver, so indicators are still blinking while I join a new lane.

So I'm already on the move when I indicate and I give no time to the following vehicle to react to my indication - that is a really bad habit.
Polo does not allow you to customise the number of blinks?
I can set it to 3, 5 or 7 blinks in my 2017 i20.
Sachin0384 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 13:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshye View Post

Volkswagen Polo

What TSI 1.0 ECU does is, if RPM is around 1000-1200 and the Accelerator position is 0 (fully released); then, when you depress the accelerator, the respective engine response is delayed.

Another bad thing with Polo is, the lane change indicator blinks only thrice. It's too short a time to change lanes. Typically, we indicate lane change before we start the lane change maneuver.
The ECU thing you describe is not due to emission management, but due to turbolag; the turbo doesn't spool up at lower RPMs, and there's therefore the inertia that you feel, as the turbo spools up. Once it kicks in, you feel the burst of power, but it's sluggish till that point.

The lane change thing is more designed for European roads, and the triple blink is mostly used while exiting roundabouts. It could be used for quick lane changes on motorways too, where you just want to indicate to cars which are well behind you, but if there's a tailgater, it's safer to simply use the regular blinkers; wait a second for the tailgater to back off, and then make the change, and switch off the blinkers. That's what I do!
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks