Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2023, 06:18   #76
RRM
BHPian

Re: FASTag: Money deducted when the car was parked at home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
So what can one do about this blatant theft and fraud by the banks and toll plazas? Grin and bear it? Or is there a way to escalate this further?
This is so unreal. Daylight robbery to say the least!

However automated it may be, there are still scenarios where there is manual intervention for toll collection. It’s just a reason to reduce their investigation effort.

So far as I see, the complaint was raised with bank. The bank in turn has to goto NHAI again. Did you try to raise a fresh complaint directly with NHAI? 88103 31033 is their official WhatsApp number. It takes around a month for their resolution

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th November 2023 at 06:34. Reason: Fixed Quote.
RRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 10:38   #77
BHPian

This happened to me recently, with the PayTM Fastag.

The money (Rs. 25) was deducted on Monday, 27th November, at the Hoskote Toll Palaza while I was working at home with the car parked in the basement. I raised a ticket with PayTM via the app and received the standard response that they will look into it. They also asked me to send snaps of the car, the Fastag ID, and the message I received on the said date.

I also called PayTM customer service just to let them know about it and they said they have received all the necessary documents and would get back to me in the second week of December. They provided a date of 13th December. I checked in again with PayTM's customer service and they said they need more time as they're checking with the said toll booth operator, and voila - on 16th December the amount was credited back to my PayTm account.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: Money deducted when the car was parked at home!-fastag.jpg  

Old 13th January 2024, 21:01   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I got a toll deducted SMS message for a car parked at home. Paytm is the Fastag provider. I registered a dispute on their app but not sure what I should expect.

Do you guys have any idea why such wrong deduction happens? Just curious. This happened in the past for another car of mine but I just ignored it didn't register a dispute.
Old 19th January 2024, 18:56   #79
RRM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Do you guys have any idea why such wrong deduction happens? Just curious. This happened in the past for another car of mine but I just ignored it didn't register a dispute.
Reach out to NHAI as the service provider will not be of much help. Its a time consuming refund process and we will have share few details of the car

On the incorrect deductions what I have understood is that its a manual entry done by the operator and a number typed here and there, by mistake or deliberate, has this issue. This is happening for quite sometime as I see from the posts of other members. Not sure of NHAI knows about this or not (they may be for sure) but no action has been taken so far to eliminate this occurrence
Old 3rd February 2024, 13:33   #80
RRM
BHPian

Those using FASTag with Paytm it may be end of the road with recent RBI directive against Paytm. Please check and switch to other vendors.
Old 9th February 2024, 23:33   #81
BHPian

I am in a similar quandary with Axis Bank Fastag.

On 23 December, my car was in my Bangalore residence. I get a notification SMS & email from Axis saying Rs.30 deducted from my fastag at Thenapalli Toll Plaza.

Immediately called Axis customer care who asked me to mail the message/email screenshot to etc.management mail ID. I did so.

After a week I got a response saying my claim is rejected. I called Axis again who asked me to mail the rejection mail.

That was Jan 1st week. Since then have mailed them multiple times, then to Nodal Officer and PNO. And none have even shown the decency to respond.

I dont want to recharge the fastag as I dont want to lose more money by such fraudulent transactions.

But I am very irritated and want to get this right. What are my options if Axis is not responding?
ashwinsid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 06:01   #82
RRM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post

That was Jan 1st week. Since then have mailed them multiple times, then to Nodal Officer and PNO. And none have even shown the decency to respond.

But I am very irritated and want to get this right. What are my options if Axis is not responding?
NHAI official WhatsApp 88103 31033. Try via this for refund. It takes around a month for their resolution
Old 16th February 2024, 15:08   #83
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I need to travel to HP at the end of this month. Due to the new RBI notice for Paytm Payments Bank, specifying of Fastag closure, I had to initiate a request to close my Paytm Fastag. I initiated the request under Paytm Help page for Fastag Profile and gave all the details for closure of request.
I tried to escalate this issue by calling their helpline number as well. To my surprise they said I have another Fastag issued under my VRN. It has been issued by IDFC Bank to a person at a toll booth without even obtaining their mobile number.

Should i proceed for legal consequences against the bank and the user?
Old 25th February 2024, 16:01   #84
Senior - BHPian

Some posts mention that when the toll booth operator keys in a vehicle registration number, the corresponding Fastag gets debited with the toll fee. Is this verified information or just a hypothesis?

The NPCI website provides an overview of the Fastag transaction process flow. The Tag Id, captured by the scanner fromthe tag affixed in the vehicle, is a key piece of information required in the process. It seems unlikely that this process can be triggered manually by keying in a vehicle registration number.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 18:06   #85
Senior - BHPian

Happened with me twice now. This time with my new ICICI bank fast tag that I got recently post migrating from Paytm fast tag.

Although upon reporting the issue, the customer care resolved issue within a week and I got my refund back. While Paytm took around 20 days to resolve the issues.
Old 10th June 2024, 20:33   #86
BHPian

I faced the same issue of Toll deducted while car is parked at home today. I had travelled via Haasana Bengaluru route yesterday, all tolls were deducted immediately. Today morning I received another message from ICICI mentioning 30/ deduction at Nelamangal toll. When I checked in portal, it was a new transaction while car is parked @home. I have raised dispute, waiting for resoultion. This never happened while I was using PayTM FasTag till March 2024.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 21:48   #87

I would like to share my experience which I am currently facing, which is similar to cases discussed in this blog.

Yesterday, i.e. on June 17, 2024, received a SMS intimating that Toll of Rs.240 has been deducted at Khalapur Toll Plaza (Mumbai- Pune Highway).

To my utter surprise, car had not left its parked position for past two days straight, yet it managed to cross the toll (as stated in SMS) and succeeded in putting a hole in my Fastag wallet.

Called customer helpline number and they inform, that this may be due to toll person manually punching vehicle number incorrectly.

This is quite astonishing, since I believe and have observed that Fastag works on RFID technology and whenever the auto capturing fails, the toll attendant generally uses hand held device to scan and capture the Fastag ID. So where does the question of punching the registration number arise.

Dispute has been raised with the Bank and waiting for the refund for the wrongful debit to my Fastag account.

After going through above post, called NHAI Number and they told to file a complaint with the Bank, which i had already done.

Regards,

Carzy Carz
Old 18th June 2024, 22:30   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzy_Carz30 View Post

Called customer helpline number and they inform, that this may be due to toll person manually punching vehicle number incorrectly.
Yes, a toll attendant can manually enter the vehicle number into the system. If the vehicle has a valid Fastag, they can let you go. However, this method is mostly used in cases where the scanner is unable to read your Fastag or upon the driver's request. Sometimes, people who have a valid Fastag but have not stuck it on the windshield for some reason use this method. But, based on my experience, toll attendants on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway refuse to entertain such manual entries, although it's quite possible at a few other toll booths.
It's Magic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 23:04   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Magic View Post
Yes, a toll attendant can manually enter the vehicle number into the system. If the vehicle has a valid Fastag, they can let you go. However, this method is mostly used in cases where the scanner is unable to read your Fastag or upon the driver's request. Sometimes, people who have a valid Fastag but have not stuck it on the windshield for some reason use this method. But, based on my experience, toll attendants on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway refuse to entertain such manual entries, although it's quite possible at a few other toll booths.

Thank you for prompt reply.

But it has happened in my case, Car had not left my residence for past two days, then also I received SMS informing about toll being deducted.

Strange part is ,On way to Khalapur toll plaza from my residence, where the car is currently parked, other tolls also comes mid-way, but my fastag wallet had been debited specifically for crossing at Khalapur toll(as stated in SMS).

Presently, Issue has been raised with the Bank.

Thanks,

Carzy_Carz30

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks