Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2022, 09:04   #46
BHPian

Re: How old businesses suffer when new highways, bypasses & flyovers are made

Slightly off-topic, but isn't the same thing happening in many other fields? AI and automation has reduced the number of people required to do certain tasks. Those people also have the same choices: blame their bad luck and do nothing, or find something else to do that is in demand.

For most people, the future of their job or business is uncertain. It can be disrupted at any point by an unforeseen event (COVID, flyover construction, AI and so on). How they react to that will determine their fate.
Old 28th October 2022, 11:45   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Very sad for these businesses but in the larger picture the city/country benefits. Time and money is saved travelling. Accidents are less, especially on divided and fenced off highways, since there are much less people and pollution is reduced with more efficient travel.
I can guarantee you local people / Karnataka police will find a way to ruin it by putting blockades and speed breakers on the main highway. Don't believe me? Travel between Bangalore and Kolar and experience it.
Old 29th October 2022, 20:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
I can guarantee you local people / Karnataka police will find a way to ruin it by putting blockades and speed breakers on the main highway. Don't believe me? Travel between Bangalore and Kolar and experience it.
I believe you. There are already some rumble strips and there was one place with barriers on the new highway. That is one of the dumbest things to do but such is life
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 20:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
I believe you. There are already some rumble strips and there was one place with barriers on the new highway. That is one of the dumbest things to do but such is life
This is despite SC/HC order preventing barriers/speed brakers on the highway (if my memory serves me right).
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 10:10   #50
BHPian

There are no speed breakers on the new sections. The rumble strips are only near one bridge and I believe this is the spot where the infamous video of volvo bus drifting to avoid a fallen truck was taken that is doing rounds in the accidents thread, so it was probably added as a knee-jerk reaction. The approach to this bridge on the blr->mys side has an incline + curve and it took me by surprise despite my lower speeds.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 30th October 2022 at 10:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks