Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2024, 11:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad's ridiculous rumble strips | Officials take notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by som9729 View Post
Good news everyone!
Hyderabad's excessive rumble strips, especially the ones higher than 5mm, are to be removed!!!!

LINK: Rumble Strips to go!
Sadly none of this was removed and still existing. Citizens have now taken upon themselves to remind the new administration of this menace.

https://twitter.com/Team_Road_Squad/status/1761723361326170143

Hyderabad's ridiculous rumble strips-screenshot-20240226-11.02.32-am.png
ShortShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 12:39   #47
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad's ridiculous rumble strips | Officials take notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
Sadly none of this was removed and still existing. Citizens have now taken upon themselves to remind the new administration of this menace.
Yes, I see newly added ones in Narsingi Orr service road now. I use that road multiple times daily and these new strips seem to trick my Thar’s MLD to come into action (happens when I am below 35kmph) .Whilst MLD switching on is fun for me and jarring for my fellow passengers but it can be a serious safety issue if any vehicle is driving very close to me. Also, these rumbler strips are extremely uncomfortable and painful in something like a poor riding Thar. I wish better sense prevails and this new government removes these strips.
AMG1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 15:18   #48

Re: Hyderabad's ridiculous rumble strips

These have been found in Chennai too and are a menace. Would anyone know if there are any specifications/guidelines set by IRC for these rumblers?

All these while we had problems of illegal and non-conformance speed breakers. Now added to the list are these rumblers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks