Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 22:55   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
And knowing road users, these lanes should be demarcated with painted barriers, rather than mere logical seperation - which will not work.
There is such a provision on Cubbon Road. The left most lane is earmarked for auto's only with clear demarcation using yellow paint. However, I am told that it has been scrapped. As the cops had an increasingly difficult time to maintain this decorum. Now we have auto's flying everywhere. As usual, all the rules are only to eyewash the public for the time being.
Old 8th June 2007, 01:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Its nice to know we have so many moral brigands. But how many of us wear seatbelts everytime we get into the car? How many of us wait at the signal at 12am for it to go green. I do.
But you won't wait for a dustbin, you'd rather chuck your garbage out of your car!

Quote:
There is such a provision on Cubbon Road. The left most lane is earmarked for auto's only with clear demarcation using yellow paint. However, I am told that it has been scrapped. As the cops had an increasingly difficult time to maintain this decorum. Now we have auto's flying everywhere. As usual, all the rules are only to eyewash the public for the time being.
That was the stupidest rule ever. If you're coming from GPO towards Jewels de Paragon in an auto, your auto has to stay in the extreme left lane, and then cut across to the extreme right if you want to go to Kanteerava Stadium. Really really stupid.
Old 8th June 2007, 01:24   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
But you won't wait for a dustbin, you'd rather chuck your garbage out of your car!
I thought we were discussing only about traffic here ?
Old 8th June 2007, 01:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Civic consciousness is always the same.
Old 8th June 2007, 02:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought we were discussing only about traffic here ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Civic consciousness is always the same.
Well it does affect traffic when you throw a beer bottle out of your window.
Old 8th June 2007, 02:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Spent about 5 hours today driving to and from Peenya (Prerna Motors) twice - first to drop off the vehicle and then to pick it up.

I've had my bellyful of Bangalore traffic, thank you very much.
Old 8th June 2007, 02:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I've had my bellyful of Bangalore traffic, thank you very much.
So you are saying that you are a very very satisfied man. Good for you, steer. We will pray for an encore.
Old 8th June 2007, 09:39   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post
I think in Bangalore we have more educated fools, you’ll find 2 wheelers driving on the footpath
Reduced after it was made a traffic offence, but still prevalent. Worst part is majority of them are the IT chaps and the so-called educated office-goers.

Quote:
indicators on the cars and bike are treated as a show piece, people don’t want to use them,
That i wudnt agree. While driving to work this morning, was waiting on the road in front of Aviva (Whitefield), where i need to take a left from the junction towards my office. A Fiesta (Jewel Violet color + alloys, no less!!) dude takes a turn to the wrong side of the road, flashes on his hazard signals and zooms through oncoming traffic. Swerving, twisting, what-not !! Probably testing the handling of his car.. moron.

Quote:
take U turn where ever u like...
A Sumo dude ferrying employees also comes in from the wrong direction, cuts into the correct side of the road and tries to slice his way in front of my car. I do almost everything i can, except ram him to stop him from inching in. He had a bull bar, and wouldnt care a damn, and to top it all, employess cheering him on. What i had was a car i love, and was not in a position to get it scratched.

Sumit, may i borrow your truck, or can someone lend me a JCB? Lots of scum to be cleared from the roads here in Bangalore.

Quote:
I do not see anything changing even if the road infrastructure improves drastically.
How true.

BLACKBERRY or BLUEBERRY, I dont care. Beginning to get irritated of driving.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th June 2007 at 09:40.
Old 8th June 2007, 09:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sumit, may i borrow your truck, or can someone lend me a JCB? Lots of scum to be cleared from the roads here in Bangalore.
Benny, In case you didn't know, all JCBs in south India are now at Munnar!!! So no chance you can get one now

Take it easy pal. Put some good music. Eventually we don't gain anything by being a bully, other than saving a couple of minutes.

OT, did you eventually put TBHP stickers on MIKE?
Old 8th June 2007, 10:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Some great observations there leo. even i travel from marathalli to domlur on weekdays and have faced similar issues.

According to me the trouble makers are:
1. Both private and government buses, drivers of both have no sense at all. just they know to change the gears and turn thw wheel.
2. Autos, do i need to tell anything more about them
3. Two wheeler and four wheelers. The so called educated riders/drivers who atleast pose like they are, dont show that atleast while they are driving or riding.

I think "people" have to get more considerate and think beyond themselves.
inbetween all this mess there are a small chunk of drivers/riders who follow rules and regulations and also are considerate but what to do the percentage is lesser.

Bringing in gizmos might not be the solution, i feel "people" have to wake up and act responsible. lets hope that day comes soon!
Old 8th June 2007, 11:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Good for you, steer. We will pray for an encore.
The encore happened this morning - just got back from HAL to Golden Enclave, which is a 2 minute trip at best. Today it took an hour and a quarter. Reason - some VIP (must be the chief minister) was going to the airport. We spent an hour idling the car wondering if there had been an accident, since the other side (towards Marathahalli) was clear and empty.

Its then that we saw this convoy of jeeps followed by a Lancer with the National Emblem instead of a number plate.

Whoever that was, he has such callous disregard for people's time. A few thousand souls have missed appointments, cancelled business meetings, died on the way to hospital or have missed flights themselves for this MORON who has no public sense whatsoever.
Old 8th June 2007, 11:10   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

that rule is back but not only is there yellow paint to demarcate the auto lane but now they have a mini divider and reflective cones for the auto lane. so it's now a single fixed auto lane on the extreme left.

Also the divider ends early so autos wanting to go right dont cut across from left to right. It has reduced the waiting time at the jewels de paragon signal considerably.
Old 8th June 2007, 12:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
My suggestions.

Public transport like BMTC volvo buses should be used more and wherever possible. I am doing this, I stay on Airport road near Manipal hospital and I have stopped driving to Majestic and places like that since Volvo buses are plenty in that route. They should start more routes and I was thinking if the companies start encouraging their employees to take the public or Office transport a lot of traffic in the morning will ease off.

take care//
I totally agree with you. My wife has to go to Bomanhally from airport road. Sadly there is no volvo bus service on this route and we've no option but to use our own vehicle.
Old 8th June 2007, 13:44   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Its then that we saw this convoy of jeeps followed by a Lancer with the National Emblem instead of a number plate.

T'was the governor going to receive APJ kalam

Really don't understand why so much protocol. In the Uk, ole Tony lands in an airfield near my cousins house and drives into town. You would hardly know except for a few motorcycle outriders who leap frog each other to halt taffic at each junction
Old 8th June 2007, 14:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Sumit, may i borrow your truck, or can someone lend me a JCB?
Take it Anytime.. Promise me you will knock that cabby out
v1p3r has already experienced hitting an Auto and a Accord with my dicor.

Godfather

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks