Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2021, 11:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Now pay for fuel using ICICI FASTag

Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has enabled direct payment of fuel, LPG and lubes thru ICICI Bank FASTag at their retail outlets.

Quote:
In a revolutionising move for easy digital payments, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has enabled direct payment of fuel, LPG and lubes thru ICICI Bank FASTag at their retail outlets. This facility is available for all customers thru HP Pay App. HPCL is the first & only Oil Marketing Company to integrate payment systems with FASTag.
https://psuwatch.com/hpcl-introduces...ci-bank-fastag

Attached Thumbnails
Now pay for fuel using ICICI FASTag-icici.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 20th July 2021 at 11:48.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 12:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Now pay for fuel using ICICI FASTag

So I have to end up paying through the phone?

Might as well pay through a credit card and collect the points. The time taken will be more or less the same.

Unless it's fill, auto deduction and leave concept, this is fixing nothing.
Turbohead is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 12:20   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post

Unless it's fill, auto deduction and leave concept...
Some form of additional authentication would be needed to ensure the one who's paying is the one who's getting the fuel. Not sure it can be done seamlessly with a standalone RFID based tag that can in theory be read from a reasonable distance (feet/meters), and deduction notifications are not instantaneous.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 12:41   #4
BHPian

Having to install HP PAY is a disadvantage according to me. Why have yet another app on phone?

Pay using ICICI FASTag has also been launched at IOCL outlets. The procedure is different though -

Quote:
To avail of this facility, customers must inform the customer attendant while fuelling, who will then scan the vehicle’s FASTag or car number plate. The customer will then receive an OTP to validate the transaction. The transaction will be completed when the OTP is entered into the POS machine. Source

Last edited by gischethans : 20th July 2021 at 12:44. Reason: Updated FASTag provider
gischethans is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 13:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has enabled direct payment of fuel, LPG and lubes thru ICICI Bank FASTag at their retail outlets.
When I read the title I thought the operation is more or less same as in the Toll plazas. A new app defeats the purpose. We are good with GPay, payTM and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
Having to install HP PAY is a disadvantage according to me. Why have yet another app on phone?

Pay using ICICI FASTag has also been launched at IOCL outlets. The procedure is different though -
IOCL seems to be OK when compared to the HPCL's implementation.

But, for all this to succeed, I need to load my Fastag account with some big 1000's eventually generating interest to the banks.
Old 20th July 2021, 13:06   #6
BHPian

Seems to be targeting the fleet owners. Truck drivers need not carry the payment instruments/cash on their hands. They just have to fill fuel and inform the owners/office to authorize the payment reflecting on fastag/app. Its good move but no use for the private owners but could be replicated if a chauffeur fills the fuel.
Old 20th July 2021, 13:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

HPCL already has a tag based system (Fastlane), which doesn't need any further authentication. Further, I can set how much fuel to fill per vehicle or upto the auto cut off. All my cars have this tag and no hassle of cash as well. Sometimes, I send my drivers to fill up and its very convenient. Now with this fastag based system, its going to be little cumbersome if they require another OTP or some other authentication factor.

Also, unlike the Fastlane app, it doesn't look like its be possible to enable / disable this from the portal.
Old 20th July 2021, 21:01   #8
BHPian

IDFC already has this, with .75% discount. (I have IDFC tag but never used this feature.)

https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/personal-banking/fastag

How long before these become generic features rather than based on partnerships between companies?
Old 8th March 2024, 20:34   #9

Re: Now pay for fuel using ICICI FASTag

Need some info about this thread. Has anyone actually tried to pay via fast tag at IOCL outlet I have enquired at a couple of outlets and the attendants have no idea about this facility or how to scan the tag.
Has this service been discontinued by IOCL?
Old 25th March 2024, 11:20   #10
BHPian

Re: Now pay for fuel using ICICI FASTag

Quote:
Originally Posted by scala26 View Post
...Has anyone actually tried to pay via fast tag at IOCL outlet I have enquired at a couple of outlets and the attendants have no idea about this facility or how to scan the tag...
Same experience here for IOCL, attendants at bunks I visited recently had no clue of this payment method.

HP Pay, most HP bunks try to avoid getting paid via this mode - they treat me as if I am insisting to pay using an Amex card :-)
They did not care to explain why the reluctance apart from telling this mode is "not working".
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks