Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2021, 01:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Moving from a very oldschool vehicle to a modern car | Drastic change in driving requirements

Since the topic is about unlearning and learning, I will make a confession here. I cannot drive with shoes on. I have tried to unlearn this barefoot driving (which was taught at my driving school when I was 18) multiple times and the moment i put on shoes, am worse than a novice driver. I keep stalling the car or can't control the brakes.
It is quite embarrassing to go through this chore of getting the shoes off--> drive-->stop--> put shoes on again. This has also affected my choice of shoes where I prefer only slip-ons.

P.S:- Am no novice driver, have been driving for more than 14 years now. As a driver I consider myself above average, most of my friends trust me blindly when am behind the wheels. Have experience in driving cross country, in old parts of cities like Hyderabad and Kolkata, which requires good control and parking skills, have driven abroad in different terrains in countries like Iceland, New Zealand, South Africa, albeit all barefoot.

Can anyone suggest that how can I get rid of this habit. Its been this way for soooo loong.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th April 2021 at 08:53. Reason: Please capitalize where required [country names, when referring to self *I*] and please put a space after a punctuation mark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks